Disneyland Resort | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Reading between the lines here, it sounds like they found something very wrong with the show building - not urgent enough to require an immediate shutdown (i.e. Space Mountain pre-50th anniversary), but serious enough to require relatively fast intervention. Awful timing with the start of summer, Splash going under the knife, and the potentially indefinite Fantasmic! pause.

Oooof. Well, I'm glad they're doing this before my SoCal ticket expires. At least I have a chance to go back on my two favorite FL dark rides! (Mr Toad and Peter Pan)

Curious to know what the issue is.

Reading between the lines here, it sounds like they found something very wrong with the show building - not urgent enough to require an immediate shutdown (i.e. Space Mountain pre-50th anniversary), but serious enough to require relatively fast intervention. Awful timing with the start of summer, Splash going under the knife, and the potentially indefinite Fantasmic! pause.

I'm going on my first-ever Disneyland trip in mid-September.

These better be back open by then, because getting to do all the classic Fantasyland dark rides we don't have at Magic Kingdom is kind of a huge part of the reason I'm finally going (along with Indy).

And HM will be down for awhile like normal in late Summer. Disneyland is gonna be in a really weird state for awhile. Glad I went when I did. Only notable closed attraction was Big Thunder when I went two weeks ago and Murphy hadn’t blown up yet.

I really hope its not too long a fix.

Thats a lot of rides to be down with Splash during peak season.

As someone going in late June I hope get lucky, or else my morning plans will be very different

Speaking of my Trip, I got lucky and got Trader Sam, Blue Bayou and Lamp Light reservations for my June trip and it will be my first time at all three.

I really hope its not too long a fix.

Thats a lot of rides to be down with Splash during peak season.

As someone going in late June I hope get lucky, or else my morning plans will be very different

Speaking of my Trip, I got lucky and got Trader Sam, Blue Bayou and Lamp Light reservations for my June trip and it will be my first time at all three.
I love trader sam's. one of my first shifts in attractions was working guest control there *mumbles* years ago on its opening night. the crowds have, uh, not dissipated much since then! good call on getting a reservation.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I love trader sam's. one of my first shifts in attractions was working guest control there *mumbles* years ago on its opening night. the crowds have, uh, not dissipated much since then! good call on getting a reservation.
Since my trip is a few days I've gotten up early on a few days and Trader Sam's goes in minutes. Like within 3 minutes all reservations are gone, so anyone trying to sit inside at least you need to be logged on and ready to go at 6 AM for that one

I've never been too interested in it because I don't drink much but once I saw videos of the inside I knew I wanted to try it at least once.

Reactions: Jake S
Since my trip is a few days I've gotten up early on a few days and Trader Sam's goes in minutes. Like within 3 minutes all reservations are gone, so anyone trying to sit inside at least you need to be logged on and ready to go at 6 AM for that one

I've never been too interested in it because I don't drink much but once I saw videos of the inside I knew I wanted to try it at least once.

It's a fun time, you'll enjoy yourself!

Are they still dropping ressies 60 days out?

they have decent mocktails as well, similar to the cantina in galaxy's edge. it's definitely worth checking out so you can see the inside — better yet if you get lucky enough to get a table there.

I actually went to Trader Sam's for my first time over the past weekend. Strangely, even the staff was saying it was a slow night... there were quite a few empty tables and chairs when we left around 9pm. But I suspect that's out of the norm. But we did have a great time, and there are so, so many Disney Easter Eggs in there!

Went to DCA again for the first time in nearly two years! My last time at the park was back when Avengers Campus had just opened. Decided to use my second SoCal Ticket day to go to DCA. Here are some takeaways from my trip:

-Food and wine and some really good stuff. I got the smothered pork belly with macaroni salad (Which was my favorite), the angus mashed potatoes with garlic aioli, tiramisu churro, the chili relleno empanada, korean burrito, korean chicken sliders, mini raspberry cheesecake, amd and mini blueberry pie. With the exception of the korean chicken sliders and the burrito, I was pretty impressed with the food offered at this year's food and wine. In terms of drinks all I tried out was the Aztec stout from Hollywoodland. That was pretty good. The pie was absolutely killer and the angus steak and empanada were both very delicious as well. The tiramisu churro was okay. I personally don't think the cinnamon sugar meshed well with the tiramisu flavor. I hope they bring back the pork belly because that was incredible. If there's one dish you have to get if you make it to food and wine, make it that one. They were no longer selling the tasting cards for the remainder of the event's run so keep that in mind.

In terms of rides, Basically rode everything except Monsters Inc and Goofy's. Swings was down for refurb (Which kinda hurts cuz I think it's the best swing ride in SoCal) and I could care less about the Jellyfish ride, the Carousel, or the Inside Out ride. Also rode Guardians twice. Overall pretty satisfied riding everything. Glad to see Soarin' Over California be back. Unfortunately RSR was fairly broken when I was there. The Sheriff wasn't working well and the second Mater AA that comes out of the bushes was stuck. That ride needs some TLC. Also, it looks like my days of being able to ride the Fun Wheel....er, excuse me, the Pixar Pal-Around in the swinging car may be behind me. I rode the swinging car and I felt a little queasiness. I don't normally get queasy on rides (Not even on FJ!), but this ride did it for me. I guess I'll have to ride in the stationary car from here on out. It was fun when I could do it.

Being that it was only my second time ever back at Avengers Campus, I honestly enjoyed the land even less than my first time. After my second ride on Web Slingers, I think it may be one of the worst rides Disney has done. It's exhausting, I have no idea what I'm doing, it's boring, and it.....just sucks. Say what you will about It's Tough to be a Bug but at least that was a unique show with some cool effects and some solid AAs. This ride was a big downgrade. Heck, the whole land is a big downgrade.

Saw World of Color One. Last time I saw WoC was before Rise opened, so I'm overdue to see it again. Got to see it in the front row so it was great to finally have that vantage point. If you're worried about getting wet, don't be. Unless it's really windy, the worst you'll get is a little thick mist. You'll dry off before the show is even over. It's a cool show with some impressive visuals, but I still prefer Fantasmic. Sucks that the fire effects were turned off.

Overall had a really good time being back at DCA. Sadly, I think the park reached its prime back when Cars Land open. Ever since Mission Breakout happened (Though I like the ride), the park started taking big steps backwards. Tough not perfect, they finally had some cohesive lands that made the park feel connected and look great. Then they started forcing stuff on us we didn't want. We got GotG:MB, then they forced Pixar Pier on us, then Avengers Campus was a downgrade from Bug's Land, now they're going out of their way to retheme the Bay Area to Big Hero 6. Anything that looks nice has to be ruined by MOAR PIXAR. I hate Pixar Pier. DCA from 2012-2016 was way better.

Sorry about the long post, I just had to get that off my chest.

Being that it was only my second time ever back at Avengers Campus, I honestly enjoyed the land even less than my first time. After my second ride on Web Slingers, I think it may be one of the worst rides Disney has done. It's exhausting, I have no idea what I'm doing, it's boring, and it.....just sucks. Say what you will about It's Tough to be a Bug but at least that was a unique show with some cool effects and some solid AAs. This ride was a big downgrade. Heck, the whole land is a big downgrade.
Ugh, I feel this. I've been a huge MCU fan since it kicked off in '08, Spidey has been my favorite superhero of all time since I was a kid, and all my friends just knew, of all the lands, Avengers Campus in concept when it was announced should've been like heaven for me. I honestly hate it. I've been to DCA a few times since AC opened, and other than that initial time going to it and riding Web Slingers, I haven't even bothered stepping foot in the land unless it's explicitly to cross through it to get to Guardians. Just a colossal waste of a juicy property full of potential and a massive letdown for me as someone who loves this stuff otherwise.

The land is like being handed a takeout plate of an entrée and two sides you can't wait to eat, only to open it up and see there's only one side, but it's noodles when you asked for rice, some old lettuce where the other side should be, and the entrée itself is completely missing.

Yeah

Spiderman is pretty meh and for sure DCA peak was right after Cars land opened, the pier theme just worked and now the park has barley added much more forward then. It's insane that DCA has yet to get another E ticket in so long but to be honest it's still one of the better add on parks, would I visit just for DCA? Only if it was for the Halloween party
But with a park hopper its a great place to go and walk on rides like the swings which yes for sure is the best swings in CA.

Glad you had fun and hopefully after Splash DCA gets the next ride because it needs something to take people away from Cars Racers

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak
Ugh, I feel this. I've been a huge MCU fan since it kicked off in '08, Spidey has been my favorite superhero of all time since I was a kid, and all my friends just knew, of all the lands, Avengers Campus in concept when it was announced should've been like heaven for me. I honestly hate it. I've been to DCA a few times since AC opened, and other than that initial time going to it and riding Web Slingers, I haven't even bothered stepping foot in the land unless it's explicitly to cross through it to get to Guardians. Just a colossal waste of a juicy property full of potential and a massive letdown for me as someone who loves this stuff otherwise.

The land is like being handed a takeout plate of an entrée and two sides you can't wait to eat, only to open it up and see there's only one side, but it's noodles when you asked for rice, some old lettuce where the other side should be, and the entrée itself is completely missing.
I find it ironic that both Avengers Campus and Phase 4 kicked off in 2021 and by now neither have much good things talked about it.

Still baffles me that they went with the MCU and not the actual source material for the land
I don't think that is much of an issue.

Like Star Wars GE its them trying to keep it in canon that hurts it, with the multiverse you could just say we are in a universe one away from the MCU and keep all the characters the same but in the Spiderman ride have villains and be able to do more like the rumored Avengers ride

The character meet and greets I've seen in the land are fantastic. I'm 30 and Captain America asked me for the time and then walked with me and talked with me around the land, it was very cool. I can't imagine how cool it is for kids to get to meet these characters and have these kinda moments

I even think the mini shows are a cool idea.

But the "land" is boring. I like the restaurant food and meet and greets (if your lucky enough to bump into them) but outside of that I have 100% confident that ANY, ANY person here could make a Spiderman ride and wish the Dr Strange show.....was more?

I'll never get why they choose bugs land to replace mainly because of the size, like this is the MCU one of your biggest series EVER and you have a land that could have up to 2 rides.

Live action Little Mermaid meet and greet coming soon. The mad hatter and Cruella de Vil are the only other live action characters I can think like this.

Also saw this online
According to Disney reporter Scott Gustin Fantasmic will be shuttered through at least May 14th.
"We know our guests love and miss Fantasmic, and Disneyland Resort teams are working hard to assess when we can bring back an adjusted show as quickly and safely as possible," a Disneyland official said.