Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

not a tremendous surprise, but: woof!

fantasmic down for the summer
Yeah

As someone going on a summer trip this feels like such BS

They could have B mode up if they worked on it 24/7 but no Disney has to go slow

It’s just frustrating them “celebrating” 100 years with one of the best shows down for 5 months.
Pan is reopening June 30th

So summer starts late this year for the Disneyland resort

Yeah

As someone going on a summer trip this feels like such BS

They could have B mode up if they worked on it 24/7 but no Disney has to go slow

It’s just frustrating them “celebrating” 100 years with one of the best shows down for 5 months.
Pan is reopening June 30th

So summer starts late this year for the Disneyland resort

I think a lot more was damaged than we expected and they can't even do a B mode.

I think a lot more was damaged than we expected and they can't even do a B mode.
My frustrations come from this even happening

Disney laid off long time maintenance people over covid could not get them back and we have less people maintaining rides/shows

It’s just frustrating knowing this could have been avoided if Disney just invested in the parks

It’s double frustrating reading books on Disneyland and just gearing over how Walt would not settle for second best and would pay whatever to make the park the best it could be.

Just too many things going wrong at once to say things like this happen

Disneyland After Dark: Pride Nite seemed like a really fun event. I think the fireworks had an excellent set list of songs and ending with a song from a movie that Fox made but fits so perfectly.

It was "This Is Me" from The Greatest Showman. Great usage of it. I'd like to see them work that song into a more semi-regular rotation with shows around the resorts. Tbh, I associate 20th Century with Disney now pretty easily (which is why I refer to it as 20th Century and not Fox) so I have no issue with them using content from them, especially if it fits well.

Glad to see this event was done well.

It was "This Is Me" from The Greatest Showman. Great usage of it. I'd like to see them work that song into a more semi-regular rotation with shows around the resorts. Tbh, I associate 20th Century with Disney now pretty easily (which is why I refer to it as 20th Century and not Fox) so I have no issue with them using content from them, especially if it fits well.

Glad to see this event was done well.
I know the song didn’t want to spoil it, since it was a nice surprise watching it and hearing that movie soundtrack in a Disney firework show

Wonder why no one has posted this yet. It seems Newsom himself is on board with and could even further help tip the scale in Anaheim's direction in getting DL Forward across the finish line in 2024.

Wonder why no one has posted this yet. It seems Newsom himself is on board with and could even further help tip the scale in Anaheim's direction in getting DL Forward across the finish line in 2024.

It’s up to the city not him, it’s good PR but the vote for Disney forward is not until next year

It’s up to the city not him, it’s good PR but the vote for Disney forward is not until next year
the thought is his soft endorsement will motivate the democrats in city government, who have [typically] been more reticent to moves like this. of course, my experience with disney and the anaheim city council makes me think party politics have little to do with how things go.

the thought is his soft endorsement will motivate the democrats in city government, who have [typically] been more reticent to moves like this. of course, my experience with disney and the anaheim city council makes me think party politics have little to do with how things go.
It's not a bad thing for sure but didn't post it here because it's not really news and most bloggers even aren't making a big deal of it and most of them have connections and said it really isn't more then headlines and photo ops for now until next year nothing new to report on Disney Forward.
Hopefully it moves forward because the city should see without Disney it's not much and the plans they want are mild compared to before and Disney adapted to feedback.

First details on the Rogers Musical

This all-new, one-act live theater production will perform for a limited-time engagement from June 30 through Aug. 31, 2023.

Rogers: The Musical

Follow these important guidelines to join the virtual queue and experience this all-new, one-act live theater production that tells the amazing story of Steve Rogers (Captain America) at the Hyperion Theater in Hollywood Land:

• Every day that Rogers: The Musical is performing, distribution for the virtual queue will begin at 10:30 AM Pacific Time for the first 2 showtimes of the day and at 2:00 PM Pacific Time for the remaining afternoon showtimes.
  • If a Guest gets into a virtual queue, they will not be able to choose which showtime they would like to have. Instead, they will be automatically given one.
  • There is limited capacity for each show. After attempting to join the virtual queue, Guests will be directed to a screen which shows whether or not they are added to the queue.
  • Once a Guest joins the virtual queue, they will be called back to the Hyperion Theater when the physical queue is ready to open, approximately 30 to 45 minutes before showtime.
  • To access the virtual queue, Guests must have entered Disney California Adventure Park with a one-park ticket or Park Hopper ticket, or Disneyland Park with a Park Hopper ticket.
Joining the virtual queue is not required to view this theatrical production—but it is highly recommended. Additional viewing for each performance may be available via a standby queue on a first-come, first-served basis, if capacity allows.

Rogers: The Musical Premium Viewing Experience​

Take a moment before the show even starts to pamper yourself—and take advantage of first access to seat selection!
This premium experience gives you the opportunity to have:
  • First access to the theater in order to select seats
  • Reserved seating in an exclusive lounge area in front of Stage 12, where you can relax before entering the theater
  • A Rogers: The Musical souvenir popcorn bucket with red, white and blue kettle corn and your choice of a Coca-Cola® bottled beverage, available upon arrival and before performance time
  • Priority access to a photo opportunity, with your photo taken by a Disney PhotoPass photographer
To purchase this incredible experience at a price of $29, visit Studio Catering Co. in Hollywood Land. Receive a souvenir lanyard at the time of your purchase.
The Musical Premium Viewing Experience will be available until it’s sold out for the day or until 90 minutes before the last show. Guests will go to Stage 12 at the Hyperion Theater to check in up to 90 minutes before their showtime and will be let into the theater about 30 minutes before the show begins.
Entertainment, experiences and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.

Some extra details as well as pictures of the popcorn bucket

Last edited:
I honestly can't believe they went and spent the money to put this show together for only a two month run. I'd have thought they would want to run it through the end of the year or so to at least get some money's worth out of the show.

I wonder if they only signed the cast through for the two month period to gauge guest reaction and if received well they'll say "By popular demand, we're extending the run of Rogers: The Musical" when in reality it's just them securing new contracts for the cast after making sure the show was worth keeping around. Idk, looks like they spent a decent enough amount of money on it so that's the only reason I suspect something like that may be the case.

I honestly can't believe they went and spent the money to put this show together for only a two month run. I'd have thought they would want to run it through the end of the year or so to at least get some money's worth out of the show.

I wonder if they only signed the cast through for the two month period to gauge guest reaction and if received well they'll say "By popular demand, we're extending the run of Rogers: The Musical" when in reality it's just them securing new contracts for the cast after making sure the show was worth keeping around. Idk, looks like they spent a decent enough amount of money on it so that's the only reason I suspect something like that may be the case.
Yeah, you don’t want to sign a bunch of equity contracts if you don’t know how long the show will be popular for