Disneyland Resort | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Smoke alarms went off at during the Q/A, lol

The show is not much to look at but still hope its a fun time in person. If this was a show that was happening for years, I'd really hate it but for two months...sure why not

By the way, how have wait times been at DCA now that the capacity eating stage show is back?
I went the first weekend (also was at DCA the weekend before it opened)

Not much has changed, Races still gets up to 90 mins mostly. Increacoasster is normally 45 mins most of the day and GOTG is 45-75 mins depending on the time of day

Anyone think they'll announce anything new for Disneyland before the end of the year?
EDIT: Also I think Star Tours is getting updated with new locations in the next 12 months

Big Hero Six Land will be complete next month

The Adventureland Tree Hous, you hope is done by this year

The rethemed Princess and Frog Restaurant

Those three are really the only things that will open by the end of the year.

Also Toontown and Mickey were the big draw I think for the year.

Last edited:
I think the best case scenario is that they will scramble to have something to offer by 2028. It doesn’t sound like DLR is in a hurry to build anything major.
Yeah, Only thing I can see them doing before that is if we get a smaller Avatar area taking over part of Hollywood/Tomorrowland but even then who knows

I feel like while I want Disney Forward to be a thing, Disney is really is dragging its feet until that stuff gets approved it feels like
DCA needs work still (its not a bad park but wayyyyyy too little being added since Carsland opened)

Reactions: Jamesh22
Hopefully but I think maybe no.

They need to get moving on something for 25/26 after Tiana.
At this point, their best bet is probably a retheme. I don't think they get the Avengers attraction till 2028 by this point, seven years after Avengers Campus opened.

If they really needed something, there's always some things I imagine Disney could do within three years:

1. Add animatronics and a new queue to Grizzly River Run
2. Put a new movie in the Muppet-Vision Theater
3. Put new walkthroughs in the Animation Academy building.
4. Replace some of the Embarcadero Gifts and Sonoma Terrace backstage area with a flat ride?
5. Retheme Monsters Inc to Zootopia or something stupider.
6. Retheme Winnie the Pooh to Zootopia or something stupider.
7. Add a third Jumping Jellyfish tower.
8. Make the Innoventions building a walkthrough where you meet an Ikran.

I imagine they could do one of these things within the span of three years.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: UNIrd and alias8703
If they start now they might be able to get a carousel open as the star attraction for 2025...

I actually be pleasently surprised if Zootopia is 'quickly' (for Disney at least) brought to DLR. I know we already have the ride system but if it's popular it could be an easy fit just like MMRR.

In reality though it's probably what you suggested @PerceptiveCoot, I'd add a new Smugglers run film/journey to that list.

Last edited: