Disneyland Resort | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they start now they might be able to get a carousel open as the star attraction for 2025...

DLR is the one resort that desparately needs an investment pipeline to boost capacity, hopefully that will be rectified.
I mean, I think it's mainly DCA

Disneyland got GE and can hold a good amount of people.

DCA needs more, Hollywood for sure is wasting away and I will get attacked but for the space it takes up.....Grizzly rapids ride....sadly I think could go. Love the theming but the ride is dead half the year going on it recently, it's fun but you could do a lot more with that amount of space.

Also if they ever do more Monsters Inc to the Pier and made it like the Lights Out ride in Japan, I think it would be do very well

Disney can do it because it's busy but.....wish they did at least one new thing each year

A Play at the Fantasyland theater, or a Christmas carol show since Fantasmic is gone....something new

Future of Tomorrowland? Was in the parks and hopped along a few supervisor CM's for TL. Asked them when they were bringing back People mover and they said probably never. But one of them looked at me and said think bigger. I said Tron and he nodded yep. Interesting. But would they get rid of Autopia? Looking at Google Earth it might work if they take out Launch bay and most of Autopia.

Tron has been rumored for a while

I hope it doesn’t come because it’s too much space for one ride

I’m ok with letting go of any attraction in the land besides space (though and upgrade would be nice)

I would personally level the whole of TL and start over, but I'm also just a guy on his couch lol. At the very least replace the cars on Autopia with electric versions. Perhaps add some interactive elements and a light storyline, make it something of an obstacle course

• Haha
Reactions: Nico
Future of Tomorrowland? Was in the parks and hopped along a few supervisor CM's for TL. Asked them when they were bringing back People mover and they said probably never. But one of them looked at me and said think bigger. I said Tron and he nodded yep. Interesting. But would they get rid of Autopia? Looking at Google Earth it might work if they take out Launch bay and most of Autopia.
Disneyland TMs are always passing off rumors about Tomorrowland as fact. TMs told my aunt the same thing in 2013 and 2005. I get that they're supervisors but I'm not believing anything till I see it with my eyes.

I would argue that they could do better than Tron. DL's Space Mountain is a lot of fun (I prefer it to WDW's version) and thus a dark ride would probably fit the bill better (TRON would feel redundant.). DL could go with a more thrilling dark ride (not sure if Disney is ready for a KUKA style ride or if they could do that patents/non-competes) and easily stay within theme for Tomorrowland.

I would argue that they could do better than Tron. DL's Space Mountain is a lot of fun (I prefer it to WDW's version) and thus a dark ride would probably fit the bill better (TRON would feel redundant.). DL could go with a more thrilling dark ride (not sure if Disney is ready for a KUKA style ride or if they could do that patents/non-competes) and easily stay within theme for Tomorrowland.
Agreed

SM just needs a visual update inside and think it will be a great ride for another 30+ year

But if they are redoing the land would also be nice to maybe Redo some of the Q's because I would change where SM is if possible

Reactions: alias8703
How about they design a thrilling dark ride themed to….wait for it….TRON?

Silly Freak, that is thinking they'd spend the money for a new ride!

You must be thinking of Tron Cyberspace Mountain--a completely new, not at all overlaid version of Space Mountain with Tron elements.
Oh that's right. Who am I kidding. This is creatively inept Disney we're talking about. They would rather spend five years building a copy of an okay roller coaster than to build a new conept from the ground up that would maximize the space! Silly me!

If they overhaul Space Mountain again, or even TL, they need to give the entire land the Tron esthetic. Space Mountain included. Bring over the Jetpacks from Shanghai and put them back on top of the satellite platform, give Space Mountain a Tron feel while refurbing it, put an E-ticket Tron dark ride at Innoventions, give Buzz the Shanghai treatment, keep Star Tours, and of course bring back the PM. I think that would be a solid TL-redo.

I understand the PM would be a lot of trouble to bring back at this point, but it would go a long way in bringing good will with the guests and adding capacity. I think Disney underestimates how big of a deal it would be to bring it back.

Iger said Avatar was still some time off......so what the hell was the point in telling us? It could be 10 years away if they aren't building it soon

Unless Avatar was always going to be apart of Disney Forward, then it also puts some lands in limbo again....so we have crappy Tomorrowland and Hollywood land....for years. I just don't get it, the parks make money but need more investment to draw more people in it but they are now going to somehow buy out Hulu.....as the apps make no money over investing in the Parks which could make tons more if you got them full and got them to buy food, merch and genie plus

Iger said Avatar was still some time off......so what the hell was the point in telling us? It could be 10 years away if they aren't building it soon

Unless Avatar was always going to be apart of Disney Forward, then it also puts some lands in limbo again....so we have crappy Tomorrowland and Hollywood land....for years. I just don't get it, the parks make money but need more investment to draw more people in it but they are now going to somehow buy out Hulu.....as the apps make no money over investing in the Parks which could make tons more if you got them full and got them to buy food, merch and genie plus
The viewpoint is that the parks are currently making money and thus need no attention. It's not the correct viewpoint, but it's how modern wall street operates; CEOs are paid for the quarter, not long-term health and sustainability of an organization.

That said I am definitely seeing a lot of parallels between Iger and Eisner. I'd be very surprised if he sticks around much past his current contract.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The viewpoint is that the parks are currently making money and thus need no attention. It's not the correct viewpoint, but it's how modern wall street operates; CEOs are paid for the quarter, not long-term health and sustainability of an organization.

That said I am definitely seeing a lot of parallels between Iger and Eisner. I'd be very surprised if he sticks around much past his current contract.
I disagree they are making money but the parks and hotels aren't full meaning you aren't making all the money you can

They have two ways to do this invest in the parks and people will come or you do better discounts and fill them up.

Genie Plus per one guests makes 1000 times more money then Disney Plus ever can, because it cost almost nothing to run the genie plus system. But if you have 10,000 less guests at each resort then daily you are missing out on HUGE profits. That's not even including the more people you have the more food you sell, merch, other up sells like tours/dessert parties/front views of the parades etc

But look at Disneyland they lost Fantasmic MONTHS before summer and didn't even try to replace it with anything which lead to a slower summer. I went and it was insane how Indy barley got over 60 mins and the weather was great, so it's not like here in CA they can argue its a weather thing.

How dare you insult Eisner like that!

;)
Eisner was terrible but at least he had some artistic bones in his body lol. He led the design selection process for some truly iconic works of theme park visual design with most of the resort hotels and DLP.

If he’d quit that would’ve been his legacy, instead we have him leaving in disgrace and Iger taking his place, pulling many of the same moves with less style.

Reactions: belloq87
Eisner's theme park/resort highs were significantly higher than Iger's have been.

I'd even say 1986ish through 1998ish was WDW at its very peak in terms of expansion, creativity, and the overall quality of the guest experience.

Until recently, I would have given Iger credit purely on the business side for his acquisitions... but I'm now quite unconvinced that most of those acquisitions will ultimately prove to have been good for the company in the long run.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Grabnar