Disneyland Resort | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Eh, don't be too hard on the ones screaming. I personally am not one of THOSE crazies, but some of them are die hard fans who have waited a long time to see him materialize!

I'm more excited for Soarin' to reopen! Always my favorite ride :)

Their screaming though ruins it for everyone. I'm a die hard fan, but have composer to not ruin it for others.

In this case, I don't find the screaming annoying or rude. Hattie hasn't been seen since 1969, I think the fans deserve to express their excitement.

Now, if fans are still being loud months from now, we'll have a problem.

In my opinion it's rude. For those who are spending almost a 100 per ticket and have to have their experience ruined by people screaming "Hattie" or "It's him". I'm not trying to start an argument just stating my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, it's an exception this time in my opinion. Those who obnoxiously yell in the stretching portrait room, yeah, that's room. This is a highly anticipated arrival of a lost character that's been gone for over 40 years. They're just excited, not yelling obscenities.

I'm sure you'll be feeling the same way towards the Potterheads running and screaming through Hogwarts excited when it opens. People paying $100+ don't want their experience ruined by excited people who are huge Potter-heads.

C'mon, let the nerds have their fun. ;)

As someone who pays upwards of $600 for my annual pass I don't really give a damn if my cheering is annoying to anyone. I am one of those fans that will happily cheer and clap for Hattie returning. Granted, I'll try to keep it quiet to let other people be fully immersed, but I don't think its rude to be excited. Nor do I think that it ruins the experience as you're still in your own buggy with your own moment in front of everything.

Honestly I'm more annoyed by people talking over Ghost Host who aren't reciting it, but are flat out ignoring the ride to continue conversations.

Also cell phone use on rides or during preshows for non-photo purposes. And flash pictures. Those are rude.

I don't mind, "That's awesome!" or even lithe cheering or clapping. The ear-piercing squeeing and screaming is a different story... and that's anywhere but that's just me.

Reactions: Jonathan
Finally saw Hattie - lost my crap. He was so good. I'm so pleased with it. Very happy with the effect. But he's so good he makes the rest look old and decrepit!!!
Ahhhhhh I can't wait!!! Gonna see him this Sunday! But yeah, I bet you're right! Most other Disneyland fans wouldn't agree, but personally, I'd love to see every single Haunted Mansion animatronic!

I can't believe they're making a 60th anniversary special but not airing it until 2016. What the hell...

Grizzly peak airfield is open today. I can't find many pictures, but I am hearing that some people don't think the picture of Soarin is any better than before. I got to go check it out soon.

To all those brave souls going out to the 24 hour event; good luck. Also, This weekend marks the beginning of DLs 60th Anniversary so Matterhorn Bobsled; Disneyland Forever; World of Color - Celebrate; Paint the Night and the Mad T Party officially comes. For those heading to the matterhorn; it could be suggested to take the Single rider, its a faster way and easier way to ride it if you are by yourself on those weekends. Also, Disney did a write-up on how to handle This weekend for the startup of the Nighttime offerings so i'd check that out.

Heres the current things to do that's for the 60th..

-Now Open; Grizzly Peak Airfields/Soarin

-Now included; Hattie for HM

-Coming in Early July; Peter Pans Flight (With rumored AA upgrades and Projection upgrades similar to Alices redo)

-Opening this weekend; the Three Entertainment Offerings and Matterhorn

-Reopening from its brief transformation of Frozen Fun; Mad T Party

Also, D23 has gotten an announcement for a full blown Theme Park Panel similar to the original Panels from 09 to 11 for the new HallD23 as it talks of the future for Disney Parks. Atleast expect one announcement from one of these Parks here in California for that.

I forgot to post my thoughts regarding my visit to Disneyland this past Sunday:

Grizzly Peak Airfield is absolutely stunning. Such a simple but effective extreme makeover. The fun details and intricate themeing and story telling is wonderful, and will be even better once the trees grow in! It fits in PERFECTLY with the Grand Californian in the background and the existing Grizzly Peak area. Just wonderful.

I will be honest and say that I miss and prefer the original Soarin' sign that was on the show building, building feels bare without it, but I guess it looks more genuine and period appropriate. I do like the new Soarin' sign (the logo is now identical to the one in Florida), although it's worrisome to me that the only sign that says "Soarin' Over California" is the main sign by the entrance, with the "Over California" part of it being separate and easily removable. Every other sign on the outside of the building simply says "Soarin". Definitely looks like they're planning to completely replace the film eventually as rumors have said, with more proof being that the interior of the queue wasn't touched AT ALL, including having the old logo everywhere. I'm not a fan of changing the film, it's such a classic and I love that it's exclusively "Over California". Leave the "Over the World" version to Epcot and Shanghai.

Now, on to the remastered Soarin' footage:

First the negative: I absolutely HATE how they got rid of the blackout in the beginning and the end. Totally kills the illusion initially. You now are raised into the theatre while the dome is still blue, and then the footage just fades in with the clouds. And then at the end, after the fireworks, the fireworks don't fade out to black, but again to the bright blue "standby" screen. Lots of fans are complaining about it.

Another negative, the colors are a bit off and need to be recalibrated. I was in the right theatre, I heard that one has had issues. Some of the footage is too dark, too contrasty, or too red/blue.

On to the positive: besides some technical issues they can work out, the restoration is GORGEOUS. My mom, sister and I were in shock and said "wow" or "oh my god" multiple times. The illusion of flight is absolutely incredible. The footage was super crisp, sharper, and the resolution was extraordinary. They are using multiple digital projectors stitched together like the Simpsons to project the original Omnimax resolution of the film. The restoration is beautiful, no spots or anything, there is also no flicker from the frame rate, the footage looks super smooth and lifelike, and just amazing. Amazing seeing new life pumped into my favorite ride. Outside of the issues with the contrast and tinting, as well as the horrible decision to fade in and out of the blue screen, it's amazing.

Now, on to the Hat Box Ghost:

I'll keep this short and sweet.....absolutely amazing. I had the chills seeing him. Love his little dilapidated moldy balcony, and his subtle but realistic movements are fantastic, and the actual effect of his head appearing and disappearing on his shoulders and then his head is just so magical and creepy, and his laugh is haunting in a funny way. I'd love to see all the figures and effects updated this way.

Reactions: Aaron