Disneyland Resort | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking of Indy, I've been wondering this forever: Y'know how there are 3 paths you can go down at the beginning of the ride? Well that obviously means 3 Mara statues, and 3 Indy-holding-the-door encounters. Would that also mean there are 3 enormous rooms that house the skeletons, bugs, snakes, bridges, etc? Or do the jeeps all drive into the same room somehow?

Haha no buddy, it's all one room! It's all an illusion that there are three rooms, and it's a brilliant illusion. It's one track and one room with Mara, but there are three doors and walls that rotate with the ceiling to simulate that there are three active rooms. The room and doors rotate so that the track will look like it leads to other rooms, which are just empty doors until it rotates in front of the track. If they built the ride three times, it would be inconceivably big and impracticable.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gubF0TmdHBs?feature=oembedYou can kinda see how the rooms and doors rotate in this video.

Reactions: BehindTheTheme
I think Disney and Universal are close to evenly matched when it comes to the quality of attractions. But Disney blows Universal out of the water when quantity of attractions. At Universal I end up riding just about everything half way through the day. At Disney, there is so much to do I can't do it all in one day. It makes me want to come back to do what missed the previous time.

I think Disney and Universal are close to evenly matched when it comes to the quality of attractions. But Disney blows Universal out of the water when quantity of attractions. At Universal I end up riding just about everything half way through the day. At Disney, there is so much to do I can't do it all in one day. It makes me want to come back to do what missed the previous time.
No argument there. Hollywood's attraction count has always been extremely weak compared to Disneyland, but I think this park is an exception rather than a trend when it comes to Universal as a whole.

Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Japan and even Universal Studios Singapore both require more than one day to do everything, and they resemble Disney more than they do Universal Studios Hollywood.

It's odd, but Hollywood deals with very unique constraints when it comes to operating its theme park. Some make the comparison between Universal Studios Hollywood and the adjacent Warner Brother studios, and that might apply here. After all, Universal comes ahead when you start comparing the ticket price for both tours. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Allen The Actor
What an amazing video!! I didn't know that last part... it blew mi mind... just amazing. By the way, can anyone find the other 4 vids?

Last edited by a moderator: