Disneyland Resort | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Brover, is there a reason your mom and sister don't want to visit DCA? Have they seen the "new" DCA? Regardless, I'd totally recommend splurging (if you can) and visit DCA and see the new Winter Dreams show!

I can't wait to see it next week!

Brover, is there a reason your mom and sister don't want to visit DCA? Have they seen the "new" DCA? Regardless, I'd totally recommend splurging (if you can) and visit DCA and see the new Winter Dreams show!

I can't wait to see it next week!
Oh, that's tough. I would pay extra for a single park hopper and watch the show alone (which I've actually done), but World of Color has always been the main draw of Disneyland Resort for me so I'm probably way too biased.
Well I have an AP and they don't, and my sister is on a very tight budget so she can only afford Disneyland. Decisions, decisions...

Well since you have an AP, just bail on them for an hour and go see Winter Dreams! I'm sure they won't mind! With how crowded it's about to get, they'll probably still be in some line by the time you're done seeing Winter Dreams! :D

World of Color: Winter Dreams was spectacular. I really loved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guest research is out in full force today in Tomorrowland. Lots of questions about Star Wars.

*sigh* -_- Pity I'm not there. I'd give them a piece of my mind. I WANT Tomorrowland to be fixed....extremely. But I DON'T want it to become a Star Wars land....save that for the third park or somewhere else. There's so many possibilities with the "Tomorrow" theme..... :/

*sigh* -_- Pity I'm not there. I'd give them a piece of my mind. I WANT Tomorrowland to be fixed....extremely. But I DON'T want it to become a Star Wars land....save that for the third park or somewhere else. There's so many possibilities with the "Tomorrow" theme..... :/
I agree, as much as I love Star Wars, I don't want Tomorrowland to become completely Star Wars themed. It's better if they save for a 3rd gate (Same goes for Marvel).

If Tomorrowland ever gets an update I would love to see a TRON lightcycle coaster, and the return of ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter which I doubt will ever happen because it will be very likely to scare children.

If Disney doesn't want to build a 3rd gate, then I wouldn't mind seeing just one more Star Wars attraction and a Marvel attraction in Tomorrowland.

Disney will definitely build a third gate sooner or later. That's why they purchased the strawberry field (Toy Story Parking lot). It's in the Anaheim Resort Master Plan. Key question is WHEN. Considering there's almost never an off season the the DLR now and BOTH parks are always packed, it'll be in their best interest to add a few more E Tickets to both parks, and then start on the third park.

I wouldn't mind seeing more Star Wars in Tomorrowland AS LONG AS it wasn't the ONLY new thing. Throw in Tron, Marvel, an original time traveling ride, and theme the land around a futuristic city to tie everything together, and you're set! Just no single theme, especially one that would destroy an existing classic land. Single Franchise Lands can be a hit (cars, potter), but it's EXTREMELY limiting for future expansion.

Absolutely every rumor article MiceChat has released in the last year and a half has been absolute bologna and and completely false info, and they over exaggerate absolutely everything and make everything a national tragedy. I lost respect for that site.

I take everything they say with less than a micrograin of salt.

Absolutely every rumor article MiceChat has released in the last year and a half has been absolute bologna and and completely false info, and they over exaggerate absolutely everything and make everything a national tragedy. I lost respect for that site.

I take everything they say with less than a micrograin of salt.
Completely agree.

Also it's a shame when other non-theme park sites find MiceChat's articles and treat them like fact.

Literally the only "scoop" that MiceChat has had recently that turned out to he true was the change from the Guest Assistance Card into the Disability Access System. And even then, anyone saw that coming. But beyond that, EVERYTHING has been completely false. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many things have been false.

MiceChat articles have really gone downhill since Al Lutz left.

The Walt Disney Company, the largest entertainment company in the world, is facing doomsday scenarios in one of their largest an most profitable divisions, and none of the business journals out there are reporting on it? I'm not buying it.

I'm convinced MiceChat makes crap up to get page view$.

Also, the Subs closing permanently? I'm not buying that one either. They probably will move the end date of the refurbishment up once they have a firm re opening date as to avoid another Big Thunder Mountain scenario.

I'm convinced MiceChat makes crap up to get page view$.
2cwlqaw.jpg

Reactions: Freak and Alexshow.
I don't think it's so far fetched. For some of the info I cannot say if bs or true, the subs being closed is a very old rumor since it is the most expensive ride in Disneyland to keep. The were closed down once for the very same reason, I would say this one is probably true. About the whole thing of Disneyland having too much money, it's a company after all. The are profitable, but they want more and they cut costs even if they don't need to. This company is a monster. If they didn't think they needed more money they wouldn't have bought Marvel or Lucasfilms... But really I don't know how much of the info in that article is true...

I think it's all BS. With how profitable and expensive the entire Disneyland Resort has been, especially in the last two years, they can afford to keep the Subs open, which are still relatively new in their current incarnation, they're popular, AND a new Nemo movie is coming out in a few years....