Disneyland Resort | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I haven't followed this rumor topic closely but I visited with some friends who have worked at the park for quite some time and they are pretty confident in saying that Finding Nemo is going down and with Captain EO and Autopia most likely closing...pretty much total Tomorrow Land rebuild with emphasis in Star Wars. I don't follow Disney rumors, I'm just telling what I heard from knowledgable insiders. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I know very many Disney cast members personally and I can tell you that usually regular cast members don't know much, especially stuff that ends up being true, and most of them go off of info from MiceChat in the first place anyway. Every rumor and new info that I've heard from many Disney cast members has almost always been info that's identical or similar to MiceChat's debauchery and ends up not being true.

Cast members are just regular employees and unless management shared certain info with them, I always have my doubts that they know anything concrete (unless of course they're higher up in the company or have been notified their position is on the line because the attraction is closing)

Although I do sincerely hope Tomorrowland gets redone soon. And I can see more Star Wars additions but I'd rather they keep the theme generic Futuristic and just make it more grounded and well rounded, instead of the mess they have now.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're not a fan of MiceChat - just ignore them.

As Ryan mentioned, sites like MiceChat thrive on page views and controversy. The fact that we're talking about them on a Universal-related site means that they've accomplished what they've set out to do. It doesn't matter if they're accurate or if the fan community decries what they say. It simply matters if they continue to attract and draw attention.

That's how this business works.

I enjoy MiceChat, but I really liked them a lot more before. As with lots of sites, it's fun to read rumors and conversations. It's just that a lot of their recent stuff has been very over dramatic and usually made up. Disney and Universal sites tend to talk about their "competition", so that's not new lol. Especially when there's one main site that fuels all the rumors, it's bound to get talked about elsewhere.

First and foremost, a lot of us are theme park fans in general, so there'll be crosstalk usually.

I wouldn't dismiss employee information, even if they are not high up in the food chain since when something is problematic you hear comments that get passed along higher management like "not again" "this keep happenings everytime". I repeat only when something is really problematic. New ride rumors I would take it with a grain of salt since there is no need for higher managemente to share it with employees. I do think that Nemo is near closure, even if the Disney company makes billions of dollars they want more and they cut costs wherever the can (See DCA when it opened). It's a very expensive ride to upkeep, But we'll see next year, if it doesn't close no harm done, it's not like I have a bet or something.

Well according to MiceChat, it was supposed to be a "fake" extended refurbishment, where they close the ride to "refurbish" it but then never reopen it in preparation for all the new stuff. Which is such highly saturated B.S. because unless the ride is an epic failure that can't be saved, like Rocket Rods, they will 100% host a closing ceremony of some sort or acknowledge the closing.

So, the Subs being down is either A. Because Disney wants to cut backs costs for a year and have it down to save money (which doesn't make sense considering how crowded the parks have been so they need all the rides open they can have!)

Or B. The ride is just getting an extensive refurbishment because it hasn't had ANY work done to it since it's reopening in 2007, and it'll take so long because it's a complicated ride to take care of.

I'm gonna go with B.

Although personally, I wish they'd get rid of the Memo theme and go with something more mature and exciting and adventurous like the original subs ride. I wish Disney's Atlantis movie wasn't a "flop" (I love it...) so they could've gone the original route and reopen it as an Atlantis ride.

Walt Disney World is truly happy at cutting costs anywhere they can recently it seems, in terms of actual rides and ride technology. That's why they even cemented over their original subs ride. I'm grateful we still have ours. It may not be the most exciting ride on the planet, but it's so Damon unique and original, and is so beautiful from the side of the Matterhorn!

Well according to MiceChat, it was supposed to be a "fake" extended refurbishment, where they close the ride to "refurbish" it but then never reopen it in preparation for all the new stuff. Which is such highly saturated B.S. because unless the ride is an epic failure that can't be saved, like Rocket Rods, they will 100% host a closing ceremony of some sort or acknowledge the closing.
Hahaha, so Micechat expects Disney to announce something like, "As it turns out, during our refurbishment, we decided we'll just scrap it and build a new attraction!"

I don't think they spent millions of dollars to reopen the subs to close it so soon.  Yes, it needs upkeep and it will always be an extended amount of time because the enormous scope of the attraction.  They don't make rides like this anymore!!!  Be happy you have something physical, at USH we get simulated!

So the plan is to go to Disney on the 24th.

I only have two things on my list: World of Color and Soarin. Maybe Fantasmic.

Any other suggestions?

Definitely try to see Fantasmic since you've never seen it. It's spectacular.

It's gonna be a nightmare crowd wise but if you can, try to do some rides you haven't done before (besides Splash Mountain for now). Have you done all the rides with holiday overlays before?