Disneyland Resort | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tomorrow the new Lunar New Year "World of Color" (a six-minute preshow followed by a regular, truncated WoC? not sure) and Main Street Electrical Parade comes back. I'm glad they're starting to truly embrace the elastic and quick use of WoC to give more limited experiences that weren't just movie trailers shoved in mid-show.

OK, brief trip report time.

Yesterday was a very light day. It was raining hard earlier in the day but it cleared up later.  Space Mountain was a 10 minute wait in the morning and everything else was about the same for all the rides. Although later when the rain cleared up and everyone got off of work, the lines got a little longer but it was still a very light day. Lots of dead pathways. We got to hit all of the major rides that were open. It was a great day to go.

Now for the electrical Parade. I haven't stood there to watch the Disney parade in a long time. I couldn't even get into Paint the Night. But I was excited to see this again since the last time I saw this at Disneyland was when I was four years old. I enjoyed seeing this mostly for the nostalgia and the retro charm.  I can't quite put my finger as to why but I enjoy this more than Paint the Night.

While it was great to see it again but I could tell the floats lacked a bit of maintanince thanks to TDO, but it looked fine. The Blue Fairy Float was missing. They did make a some touch ups to a few of the floats. Everyone was cheering and really into it. They even gave the castle some cool lighting patterns with the parade. 

Overall, it was fun. I guess you can look at this as Disney version of the McRib. Bring it back for a limited time, and then bring it back when they want to go excuse to get some more attention. 

Oh, and I noticed that security was beefed up a little bit. That was probably because it was Inauguration Day and they wanted to be on high alert for anything fishy. 

Blue Fairy hasn't been a float in years, unfortunately. MSEP is super busted, which is why I'm a little salty that we got it back in place of Paint for the time being. Though I am really happy they are giving Paint a little TLC because I don't want it to end up like MSEP. I totally get the nostalgia factor and I used to go watch it on my trips to Florida. But Disney hasn't even taken care of the floats and I'm surprised it even survived the trip from Florida.

Last edited by a moderator:

I find this quote amusing:

"I want to stress, there is a complete, tonal shift on what the ride will be like," explained Walt Disney Imagineering veteran Joe Rohde. "It is the ride system [from Tower of Terror], but any ride system can be made to do many things.”

Umm... this is a ride system that only can go up and down!

Surprised they resisted using Heihei in that show.

Very nice, cute and tonally appropriate. Glad to see Disney putting on such a wonderful and respectful display for the Lunar New Year festivites.

I'm actually excited to check this out. OC Register is saying that the ride will be faster than Tower of Terror plus the randomizations. Not to mention we'll be jamming to 70's rock music while being jolted up and down. 

Now I'm wondering if they're going to play songs from just the two movies? Maybe the cartoon show as well? Or will they throw in songs that weren't in either one? 

Also, it's opening the exact same day as Pandora. Interesting. 

Last edited by a moderator: