Disneyland Resort | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A few more details and concept art from this weekends Star Wars Celebration. 

Something they mentioned at the panel was that the Millennium Falcon ride will be a different experience each time. The events that happen in the ride would have area-wide ramifications. They used the example that you could fly the Falcon very irresponsibly and get to the destination with the ship banged and beaten but that after you exit the ride characters in the rest of the land could come looking for you.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/04/disney-imagineers-and-lucasfilm-share-details-of-their-collaboration-on-star-wars-themed-lands/

The art makes it look like a less compact and more interactive version of Mission: Space. My guess is that it'll be a pod on a motion stick, one of many.

The art makes it look like a less compact and more interactive version of Mission: Space. My guess is that it'll be a pod on a motion stick, one of many.

It's honestly going to be closer to a more compact higher capacity version of Star Tours than mission space, there is no centrifuge involved.. Each simulator cabin is on a slow moving turntable to increase capacity (not unlike an omnimover). Imagine the dome screens moving slowing in a giant circle on FJ but that's essentially the entire ride and you are enclosed in the cabin of the falcon. I've been told that there are 28 Falcon cockpits (6 seats per) being built for this ride so it'll be a capacity monster. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HereWeGo and Ryan
It's honestly going to be closer to a more compact higher capacity version of Star Tours than mission space, there is no centrifuge involved.. Each simulator cabin is on a slow moving turntable to increase capacity (not unlike an omnimover). Imagine the dome screens moving slowing in a giant circle on FJ but that's essentially the entire ride and you are enclosed in the cabin of the falcon. I've been told that there are 28 Falcon cockpits (6 seats per) being built for this ride so it'll be a capacity monster. 

I've heard they'll be on a turntable as well. I assume there will be two each with 16 cockpits (to allow for double loading)? That's 168 passengers on at one time, which if there's a 5-min long ride duration that's over 2000 per hour. 4 min would be 2500! Star Tours is 2400 per hour so I'm assuming the duration must be 4 min or less for a higher capacity. 

That's definitely necessary for this attraction as it'll be highly re-ridable.

I've heard they'll be on a turntable as well. I assume there will be two each with 16 cockpits (to allow for double loading)?

Close, there will be 7 cockpits per turntable but 4 turntables in total (they have not started the 2nd half of the building yet). Dont take anything I say as fact, this is just based on the collective rumblings from around the net.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just thought about something regarding Mission: Breakout. I'd like to think this will surprise some people (Disclaimer: I have no inside info. Just pure speculation). 

During the preview, I noticed they wouldn't let the press into the library/Collector's office and the elevators. I wonder if that's because they're trying to hide evidence that there's going to be a Rocket AA in the pre-show and in the elevators. They mentioned Rocket would communicate with us, but didn't specify in what manner. In that leaked photo, they had dummies in all of the seats except the front right side. If Rocket is controlling our elevator, the only way I could see that is from the inside.

Also, they said every profile would start off zooming to the top to stop the generator. It wouldn't make sense to put a generator scene in front of the doors. I wonder if that means they squeezed a show scene just above the doors and have the elevators go a little higher. There's definitely room for that, assuming the elevator lift generator isn't in the way. 

So it looks to me from that like they're tearing down the movie theater? Basically it looks like they are going to use the existing monorail station specifically as the hotel's station.

This is replacing the eastern gateway project apparently. I guess Anaheim forced them to go this route.

Replacing or just speeding up? This was obviously already planned. I just wonder if this was going to happen now anyways or if the Eastern gateway deal just got this fast tracked.

Robert Niles (Theme Park Insider) is saying this will probably limit the ability of DCA to do a significant Marvel expansion into the Tram parking area, which was going to go away if the Eastern Gateway Project happened. And ESPN Zone, Rainforest restaurant, Movie Theaters and a couple of small stores will leave to make way for the hotel.................. So, the Marvel expansion at DCA may end up smaller than anticipated, if it even happens at all. And maybe this is why a Marvel announcement at D23 was pulled at the last moment.

Last edited:
Robert Niles (Theme Park Insider) is saying this will probably limit the ability of DCA to do a significant Marvel expansion into the Tram parking area, which was going to go away if the Eastern Gateway Project happened. And ESPN Zone, Rainforest restaurant, Movie Theaters and a couple of small stores will leave to make way for the hotel.................. So, the Marvel expansion at DCA may end up smaller than anticipated, if it even happens at all. And maybe this is why a Marvel announcement at D23 was pulled at the last moment.

Food for thought, what if they use primarily Bugs Land and the expansion pad next to Guardians for Marvel?

This is replacing the eastern gateway project apparently. I guess Anaheim forced them to go this route.

No this was always planned. The new parking structures going in Simba and Pincochio are replacing the Eastern Gateway.

Robert Niles (Theme Park Insider) is saying this will probably limit the ability of DCA to do a significant Marvel expansion into the Tram parking area.

Not quite. From my understanding Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway was going to be located where the current transportation hub is, that's the only project within the parks that has been affected (Hence why it wasn't announced at D23). Marvel is not going to be touched since it's going to be the placed on the lot behind GOTG and Bugs Land. I expect it will be announced sooner than later. 2021 is an awfully specific year for theme parks in SoCal.

Replacing or just speeding up? This was obviously already planned. I just wonder if this was going to happen now anyways or if the Eastern gateway deal just got this fast tracked.
No this was always planned. The new parking structures going in Simba and Pincochio are replacing the Eastern Gateway.
I meant this whole project they just announced is currently replacing the Eastern Gateway Project. Disney said that they will be raising the hotel that was on the Eastern Gateway property within the month, but the project is cancelled in this form.

I meant this whole project they just announced is currently replacing the Eastern Gateway Project. Disney said that they will be raising the hotel that was on the Eastern Gateway property within the month, but the project is cancelled in this form.

I am pretty sure Disney still plans on using that lot, as well as demolishing the hotel for the path to that lot. Just not within the next few years.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush