Disneyland Resort | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
UFCW voters just voted to authorize a strike against Disneyland if talks fail to achieve their desired results. The vote of those voting was an overwhelming 99% of the vote. As a former Union President (18 years), I can say that rarely does any membership vote, on anything, achieve those numbers on unanimity. There must be an awful lot of bad will present.

UFCW voters just voted to authorize a strike against Disneyland if talks fail to achieve their desired results. The vote of those voting was an overwhelming 99% of the vote. As a former Union President (18 years), I can say that rarely does any membership vote, on anything, achieve those numbers on unanimity. There must be an awful lot of bad will present.
People are finally getting tired of doing all the heavy lifting and getting nothing to live on

I’m happy people are finally waking up and fighting for the wages they deserve

I also hope that no strikes happens and this just helps the CM get what they are asking for

Second note: I hope the union spells out what they want from guests and bloggers. Fresh baked has made it clear no matter what he will do park reports

Reactions: Dayoldbread 16
It's just perplexing to me that the concept for Web Slingers was ever greenlit for a park that already had Midway Mania. You don't have to be an enthusiast to recognize that it's the same quasi-ride experience, i.e. being unceremoniously yanked from station to station like clothes on a dry cleaner rack to play the same simplistic arcade game in front of a handful of screens. If Disney wanted a cheap dark ride that reused an existing design, they should've at least gone with something more customizable like an omnimover. That said, I think a lot of this criticism is really the result of Avengers Campus not having a marquee E-ticket ride. It feels like Web Slingers and GotG are meant to be "supplementary" attractions to round out the land, and while I still don't like the Midway Mania ride system, it wouldn't seem like such a disappointment to me if it weren't the de facto anchor attraction.
same here. To be fair midway mania was creative for its time and legitimately still is a good ride. Web slingers on the other hand lacks the creativity, effort, and good budget that was put into midway mania. Playing midway games with toys in Andy’s room legitimately fits the Toy Story theme, not to mention the games are all different and fun. Theres even a Mr potato head animatronic in the queue. I won’t lie there’s not a ton of physical sets on the ride but the walls are all made of different toys/game pieces and the few physical sets that are present are toys which also further adds to the theme.

Web slingers is pretty soulless. I won’t lie the theming of the inside queue and loading area is pretty decent, since it has a sort of old factory look. The outside line queue has 0 theming aside from flat cardboard looking signs . Anyways they also didn’t even bother to put a spider man animatronic in the queue, and since it’s a flat screen it’s pretty obvious that spider man isn’t really there physically. The ride vehicle paint also makes it look like a toy instead of a high tech vehicle.

On to the problems with the actual ride:

1. There’s 0 moving things and pretty much no physical sets, all you see is a blinking static spider bot now and then and walls that say “quinjet bay” or “pym lab”.

2. The illusion of traveling through the campus is ruined because you can clearly see you are just sliding past paper thin walls, they didn’t even bother to hide that.

3. The games themselves are boring. Unlike Toy Story, all of the targets are just generic spider bots. And there’s no real strategy aside from flailing your arms at the screen as fast as possible.

4. The ride is extremely short, and to add insult to injury you can buy a $30+ plastic wrist attachment in the gift shop that gives you a better score than people who don’t have one.

Sorry for the long rant but like you said whoever greenlit this either didn’t care because all they wanted it for was to drive merchandise sales, or they were stupid. Maybe a mix of both. The sad thing is Disney was going to make a way more ambitious and better spider man ride but it got axed halfway through in favor of the cheaper stuff we ended up getting instead. It’s also embarrassing that universal outdid them 20+ years ago with their spider man ride which is still the best one out there compared to the crap one Disney gave us.

I can only hope that e ticket turns out to be decent but considering they cancelled the ambitious quinjet version they had originally planned, I have a feeling there’s a 50/50 chance whether it turns out to just be “ok” at best, or just terrible. That all depends on if Disney actually builds it before we all turn 80

Reactions: Mad Dog

At least to me, I think its a fun idea to tribute to an old attraction. The Country bear has amazing views but hoping the retheme just adds a little more theming to the restaurant itself

Reactions: Jake S and Mad Dog