Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Beginning in Tomorrowland, Disney's now testing paperless fastpass distributions in a centralized location; with 3 attractions testing the new system.

If this sounds familar, then you will recall that Shanghai Disneyland actually does this for area-by-areas.

I like the bridge connecting the parking garage to the walking path to Downtown Disney/Disneyland. Seems like a nice walk. My only complaint, and it's really nothing, is that they could have made a "natural" bridge like Universal has from Cabana Bay to the walkway to Universal Studios/IOS.

You might not need MaxPass anymore with these one location fastpass systems. It's still worth it if your a park hopper and want to get FP for rides at the other park.

You might not need MaxPass anymore with these one location fastpass systems. It's still worth it if your a park hopper and want to get FP for rides at the other park.

While I think those centralized FP distribution for various lands will be an improvement, for me MaxPass still has the edge of reserving anywhere...including the FP line of the attraction you just entered. Same goes for the shorter time window wait, the unlimited photopass downloads etc.

As I've said, the centralized FP centers will be nice, but it's still something you have to physically trek to and wait in line for. It's an aspect which can take up time, and MP eliminates ALL of that.

I have to admit, I enjoyed Hyperspace Mountain much more than MK’s Space Mountain. Also thought it was a better SW attraction than Smuggler’s Run. Sad to see it go.

Today should be the first day of “hell week” for the parks. I’m looking at wait times for DLR and they’re pretty low for the week between Christmas and NY! Last year I recall it being insane. Now it’s reasonable. I guess both the added capacity from GE and the huge price increase leveled the crowds!