Disneyland Resort | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think fans will still compare it to the old tier system so $100 per visit for 10 visits won’t be worth it. Really, the “regulars” are screwed under this system.

I was anticipating buying the $600 tier AP and going 4-6 times a year. One thing I was looking forward to was the ability to just go one evening randomly and take in the atmosphere. Now I’m going to want to get my money’s worth. So it might come down to an annual 3 day blow out visit staying onsite versus a pass that lets me visit 5 times a year.
These Fans also wait in 60+ min lines to get into DTD stores to buy exclusive merch...they will complain and then buy it anyway.

Disneyland does not need AP's everyday, the last few years most people I've talked to don't want to go because its always crowded. Like even on school days Racers will be over 90 mins....think it would be nice for you paying 110 bucks to get some days that aren't 7/10 full days and then at night even more people show up to just crowd the nighttime shows.

Unlike Universal, Knotts and Six Flags for the most parts AP's come in but don't make most days that bad....most rides at these parks are walk on weekdays when school is going.

Reactions: shiekra38
Makes me wonder if Universal and Knotts will follow Disney or if those plans will remain relatively unchanged. The membership idea does have me leaning towards visiting once a year and frequenting USH since it’s down the street.

Makes me wonder if Universal and Knotts will follow Disney or if those plans will remain relatively unchanged. The membership idea does have me leaning towards visiting once a year and frequenting USH since it’s down the street.
I doubt it. Six Flags is literally begging members to stay

USH while getting lots of people to come in runs AP deals all the time because they need people to come back. I've had an AP for Universal for over ten years now, on weekdays they are dead unless its winter/spring break or summer. They need Aps while Disney wants them but for sure can limit them or get more money out of them. Knotts also has been treating APs well and doubt they have plans to change

Disney is just different(at this point Disney APers are basically a cult) , it will get people back day one and while yes the first weeks of the other parks will be hectic after that it will go back to normal crowds.

We know what the Uni Social Media team has to say on the subject.

Makes Sense to me AP's are what keep these other parks as busy as they are. Glad they know it and will make sure Ap's get to come into the parks after they open.

My guess is you will have to reserve online (one day only allowed at a time) and at the start think while AP's will get first grabs will still be limited to allow normal tickets to be bought as well and maybe later in the day they will reopen on some days to let APs come in past 4 PM if they sign up online.

New AP sales are still suspended at WDW. It could be a while before we see them come back after reopening at DLR.

I know its just a store but if themed well...this will be very cool and something for me to go visit after it opens. I hope they have a few other props besides Rey's Speed to really sell the theme and I'll be happy.

Reactions: JawsVictim
So now that the lock down is lifted, hopefully we hear news about Restaurants opening back up in DCA and DTD. Rumor was up neat Grizzly peak was also suppose to be open and was being tested before the lock down in December.

Maybe after things get back to how they were they will for either Free or a small fee like you walk into Marvel land and eat at Antman Restaurant and maybe allow you to walk the Dr Strange Ruins.

At this point, I’d have to wonder if reopening anything further than DTD would be beneficial. Everything here has been so temperamental, I’d guess Disney might want to hedge their bets and wait for a full blown reopening.

At this point, I’d have to wonder if reopening anything further than DTD would be beneficial. Everything here has been so temperamental, I’d guess Disney might want to hedge their bets and wait for a full blown reopening.
I mean with DCA already open...I doubt they won't reopen the Restaurants there. If not day one then soon.

My bad. I was referring to additional attractions outside the current DTD offering including parts of DCA. Restaurants will undoubtedly reopen with outdoor service being allowed again.
Fair...though if they see demand and can charge people to go into Marvel Land or Galaxy Edge (no rides) then I can see them doing that.

Also will depend on how things go..in theory should not have more lockdowns so can see them wanting to slowly open up more and more as vaccines go out until they open late summer....My guess is they would LOVE to open on Disneyland B day but think they won't be allowed to open rides past August

Fair...though if they see demand and can charge people to go into Marvel Land or Galaxy Edge (no rides) then I can see them doing that.

Also will depend on how things go..in theory should not have more lockdowns so can see them wanting to slowly open up more and more as vaccines go out until they open late summer....My guess is they would LOVE to open on Disneyland B day but think they won't be allowed to open rides past August

I’m not entirely convinced they’ve changed their view on only offering Disneyland as a premium experience. While Knotts offered Taste of Knotts events, DL held off believing it would allow them to retain its high price point in the future (I’m getting this info from DHI’s Coronavirus updates).

Opening parts of DCA for food and shopping is the furthest I expect them to go, although you’re right in saying it’d make them a bunch of cash to have some sort of in park experience without rides.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
So Disney is having some program for people who used to be APs...as of now its just discounts and extra merch/food you can buy

Some added wires/props to the front of the new Star Wars Trading Post. Should open for previews next week and to everyone the weekend after.

fetch

Reactions: alias8703
I believe Knott's announced about a week ago that they'd be doing a Boysenberry Festival at the end of the month.

TBH, I'd rather do Knott's... I've never been impressed by either the offerings or portion sizes at any of the Disney Food Events. There's maybe 2-3 things I'd like, while Knott's I usually have about 5 or more, and the portions are generally much better.

Last edited:
Eh....the only really REALLY good dish Disney has served at the DCA food and wine was the Korean Taco platter. THAT was good. It was like Disney’s take on Kogi (Which is a food truck I HIGHLY recommend).

Reactions: kingcooger
I'm down to see what the event is...but for sure won't be as cheap ass Knotts so might just do that instead.