Disneyland September 2013 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland September 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

jtsalien

V.I.P. Member
Mar 9, 2011
T.A.R.D.I.S.
First of all, hooray for super late trip planning!

My girlfriend and I are planning on taking a trip out to Disneyland from Thursday 9/12 to Monday 9/16. I have a couple problems/questions.

Itinerary:
We're going to be getting into the parks thanks to a super amazing friend who is a CM. However, Friday is a blackout day for them signing anyone in due to it being the first day of Holiday Mansion. So, I we need something to occupy ourselves with that day. I've considered USH, but we won't have a rental car. Are there any easy ways to get there otherwise from the Disneyland area?

Then if not USH, any other suggestions in the Disneyland area?

Hotel
We're looking at booking a whole package on Priceline, and basically our #1 criteria is walking distance to Disneyland. Other than that, we just need a decent room and nothing special. Has anyone had any bad experiences/know of places to avoid?

Last edited:
Thanks. Guess I should have checked their actual site first :lol:

That was my first thought actually! But she'll be in classes that day :fist:

Take her car and drop her off at school :lol:

I actually did some of this same research on a trip just like this last year with the same type of situation but in the end we had to drop the plans since we got pregnant again. We would have taken a shuttle from LAX to the hotel, don't remember the name of the one we were going to go but it was off Harbor Blvd almost across the street from the entrance.

There is also Knott's Berry Farm that isnt to far from DL that might be worth checking out. Or even a bus to the beach if your looking that kind of day

It's official! We're staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites on Kirkman. It's a bit of a walk, but doable and the price was right. I'll be flying Virgin for the first time.

And if others are curious, the ticket Skip mentioned is $105.

So we finally decided to pick up the Universal tickets with the shuttle. So that gives us a day at USH and two at Disneyland. We leave tomorrow and I'm so excited!!! :happy:

One thing about the shuttle is that we'll be stuck at USH all day. Any tip for filling a day there and at Citywalk?

Well, you could do a decent meal at one of the nicer places in CityWalk and see a movie to extend your day there. I didn't eat there myself (we finished by about...3 or 4 I think), as we decided to go drive by the other studios in the area and Imagineering. That's about all I can think of on Universal proper outside of the typical "do stuff a bunch of times" reply.

So we finally decided to pick up the Universal tickets with the shuttle. So that gives us a day at USH and two at Disneyland. We leave tomorrow and I'm so excited!!! :happy:

One thing about the shuttle is that we'll be stuck at USH all day. Any tip for filling a day there and at Citywalk?

So USH is probably going to take you about 5 hours or so to do. Head to the lower lot first and do TF, the crappy version of Mummy, JP. Knock out that whole section so you don't have to come back down there (the escalators can be a pain lol). Then head over to the tram tour. Then meander about. Definitely check out WaterWorld as it's not long for this... world.

As for filling up your day. The CityWalk at USH has a lot more actual shops than UOR. So there's window shopping, the theater, and then of course there is Jillian's, which is a blast if you like bowling and drinking.

Well, you could do a decent meal at one of the nicer places in CityWalk and see a movie to extend your day there. I didn't eat there myself (we finished by about...3 or 4 I think), as we decided to go drive by the other studios in the area and Imagineering. That's about all I can think of on Universal proper outside of the typical "do stuff a bunch of times" reply.

Thanks for the advice. I really love the other Studios idea, just wish I had a rental car :lol:

So USH is probably going to take you about 5 hours or so to do. Head to the lower lot first and do TF, the crappy version of Mummy, JP. Knock out that whole section so you don't have to come back down there (the escalators can be a pain lol). Then head over to the tram tour. Then meander about. Definitely check out WaterWorld as it's not long for this... world.

As for filling up your day. The CityWalk at USH has a lot more actual shops than UOR. So there's window shopping, the theater, and then of course there is Jillian's, which is a blast if you like bowling and drinking.

Thanks for the awesome tips :thumbs:

The D&B near me used to be a Jillian's, so I may need to check it out solely for nostalgia purposes :lol:

How'd USH go? Get everything done and get some beers after?

USH is pretty lacking right now until DM and Potter open up, I think. Got everything done, almost too quickly. We followed your suggestion of doing the bottom lot first. We ended up riding Mummy 3 times before we went back up. Then I was pretty disappointed with their CityWalk. I feel like aside from Jillian's, it's easier to kill time in Orlando. I get why it's not there, but some other places to hang out like Fat Tuesday's would have been nice. We ate at Bubba Gump. Even though they were expensive, I have to recommend the baby back ribs. Fantastic.

It's official! We're staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites on Kirkman. It's a bit of a walk, but doable and the price was right. I'll be flying Virgin for the first time.

And if others are curious, the ticket Skip mentioned is $105.

How was the hotel and how far was the walk to Disneyland? Looking at staying here in May/June for a few nights.

How was the hotel and how far was the walk to Disneyland? Looking at St aying here in May/June for a few nights.

Hotel was great. Nothing special of course, but quality. The walk was a bit farther than it seemed. It was about 20-25 minutes, but doable. Plus the things you pass like the Garden Walk or whatever it's called is nice. We liked the fact that it was a little bit out of the way and a little less crazy.