Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

DisneyQuest

I'm sort of glad I didn't go again. Let the memories I had of it exist as they were.
We had planned to go on the 1st, had it planned for quite a while. Stood in line for about 30 minutes and decided, the place is going to be packed and since it had been a ghost town for so long wouldn't be able to keep up at all.

We decided the same thing... why tarnish the good memories we had of it just to do it one last time.

Speaking of arcade auctions, Google around for "arcade auctions." It's a thing and there's a lot of them, particularly in SE USA.

I used to buy and restore pinball machines as a hobby. It's extremely competitive and kind of nuts.
Seriously? I've done the pinball machine thing too (not nearly to the extent you have probably, just one machine) and it wasn't very stressful. We were the only people the seller had talked too and we even haggled with him.

That seems proprietary like the Mighty ducks pinball and Astroblasters. Who knows that'd be nuts.

I very much doubt they got it. Leading guess was a pod-racer machine, but apparently the one DQ had was tore up. May end up being just a Wreck-It Ralph or something, which would still be kind of cool in the bar.

Seriously? I've done the pinball machine thing too (not nearly to the extent you have probably, just one machine) and it wasn't very stressful. We were the only people the seller had talked too and we even haggled with him.
Ya- I did it maybe 8 years ago- back when Craigslist apps were just coming to the forefront. Most of the pinball restorers seemed like the "live in your parents basement" type. So I was ahead of the curve and setup notifications for the apps to text me when something would be posted and beat the other guys to the punch. I'd have other pinball restorers calling me names, being pissed I'm "stealing their deals", etc. It was so ridiculous and so many "nerdy" people that took dumb stuff to seriously- even moreso than theme park fans. I almost kept doing it just to mess with those guys more, but had just had my first kid so time stopped for me :lol:

It was an experience. My favorite was Addams family. Also made the most on that. Bought it for around 2400, put maybe 200 into it and sold it for 5k. Most machines I'd grab from 400-600 and sell for 1200-1500 after putting a couple hundred bucks into each. Although if I calculated my hourly pay it might pay 25 cents an hour. But it was fun. I'm a fan of hobbys that make money for once.

Current demo status:
disneyquest-demolition-09212017-1.jpg

Markings for demo:
disneyquest-demolition-09212017-8.jpg

PHOTOS: DisneyQuest Sign Partially Removed; Interior Gutted - Blog Mickey

Oh man, that is so sad to see. I'm glad I got to take my son to this at least once before it went away. We had a great time that day and made a lot of memories.