Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We'll see. It has almost no buzz and is opening in a month. On top of that, with it's incredibly bloated budget, it needs to make close to 500 million to make a profit. It's not going to be easy for Oz.
I honestly don't think it will be hard at all for it to make 500 Million. It may not do gangbusters here in the states, but these days, the big money comes from money made overseas.

Here's a pretty neat video released by Disney showing the electrical components behind the vehicles for RSR:

[video=youtube;9C0nZMf3vzc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C0nZMf3vzc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

So I'd just like to say that Cars Land is amazeballs and that Buena Vista Street is gorgeous. Seriously, as amazing as they were in pictures...in person it is just over the top amazing. Buena Vista Street took DHS' Hollywood and Sunset Blvd. premise, ideas, and stores and made them 100x better. The park is overall stunning and is definitely battling for my favorite Disney park slot. Of course, having World of Color doesn't hurt it either.

Oh, they'll be coming (just not on here), I just have to get around to editing them. Around 2k for the entire trip makes for a lot of editing, sorting, etc. :lol: A DLR pic might magically pop up tomorrow, although shooting in a new place means I'm not very happy with the majority of my shots, but that's what return trips are for!

It seems like it will continue

http://www.latimes.com/travel/theme...sney-california-adventure-20150312-story.html

Disney California Adventure face-lift continues with rethemed land

750x422

I didn't know anything about this...what is it?

There was going to be a train ride (roller coaster?) through the mountain that I believe was themed around the California gold rush. Once the mountain was built they realized the infrastructure could not handle such a ride.

Sounds too much like thunder mountain anyways. This project looks cool though, when I went all of this was closed off but from the pictures I saw it definitely needed a bit of love....along with some other parts of Cali adventure KO!!!!

I was under the impression the train was a gentle, meandering, scenic adventure, passing various vignettes of California animatronic wildlife. Had nothing to do with the mountain structure... it just got cut.

I was under the impression the train was a gentle, meandering, scenic adventure, passing various vignettes of California animatronic wildlife. Had nothing to do with the mountain structure... it just got cut.

I heard that it was supposed to be a gentle ride too but I also heard that there were issues with the mountain's infrastructure so I do not know what the actual final plan was.

Mice Chat has a nice article on the new Frozen Show that is replacing Aladdin. Lots of photos. (Note: The cast & crew numbers about 200, so it's a pretty big production) And, yes, besides actors, sets and special effects, it also has Screeenz.

An' now that the show is officially open, here's another thing revealed about the Frozen musical...it's runtime is 70 minutes.

A 70 minute show in a theater with multiple tiers, and no bathrooms nearby. (The theater was planned to have bathrooms installed from the very beginning, but were scrapped.) But they're selling food and drink in the theater now!

Reactions: Teebin