Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just to say was a shame to see TimTracker Youtube disappointed by the long crowds and “only four rides” long queues. Previously I have only ever seen him really upbeat / chirpy.

We experienced the reality of 120mins wait times last year. I guess non-forum GPublic only realise once go through the gates. Queues will only get worse SWL TSL, before they get better (if you kno what I mean)

Thinking about Twilight Zone losing the IP, Disney probably don’t want the extra crowds that would come with it plus the downtime in a park that needs as many rides working as possible.

Do we know when Disney loses the Twilight Zone branding? Or the possibility/process of renewing?

Strangely, I'm curious about that as-well, and that may point to when/if they may try to commence a renewal.

Although, considering how Disneyland Resort in California ditched the Twilight Zone brand for one of their own, and TDS not even having the Twilight Zone aesthetics in the first place, one has to think if Disney may be wanting to see the benefits of updating the classic attraction, and to remove any trace of The Twilight Zone for an original Story, like Hotel Hightower from TDS?

Strangely, I'm curious about that as-well, and that may point to when/if they may try to commence a renewal.

Although, considering how Disneyland Resort in California ditched the Twilight Zone brand for one of their own, and TDS not even having the Twilight Zone aesthetics in the first place, one has to think if Disney may be wanting to see the benefits of updating the classic attraction, and to remove any trace of The Twilight Zone for an original Story, like Hotel Hightower from TDS?

Yeah it has me a bit worried. DCA’s decision to swap the IP makes sense for them considering the marvel land moving in, and the foreign parks are proof the ride works without the IP. I mean, DHS’ Tower of Terror was conceptualized as an original story too well before Twilight Zone was on the table. So a switch over to an original story wouldn’t be a big jump.

But the ride is just so damn perfect I don’t want them to touch it :lol: It’s just theme park magic start to finish, let it be

Yeah it has me a bit worried. DCA’s decision to swap the IP makes sense for them considering the marvel land moving in, and the foreign parks are proof the ride works without the IP. I mean, DHS’ Tower of Terror was conceptualized as an original story too well before Twilight Zone was on the table. So a switch over to an original story wouldn’t be a big jump.

But the ride is just so damn perfect I don’t want them to touch it :lol: It’s just theme park magic start to finish, let it be

Honestly, the whole sacred or not sacred thing in theme parks is now dead to me following some of Disney and Universal's..more recent decisions. I would not mind a change, as long as it's done in the right way.

Honestly, the whole sacred or not sacred thing in theme parks is now dead to me following some of Disney and Universal's..more recent decisions. I would not mind a change, as long as it's done in the right way.

Yeah attractions are definitely less precious to me nowadays and I’m all for keeping the parks fresh. I know ToT will have to change at some point. But it just has so much run left in it exactly as it is, imo. ToT should be the absolute last thing Disney touches in DHS. If the question of renewing comes up soon, I say renew it and just let it remain as is while they overhaul everything else in that park. And by time they finally finish that, ToT will need a change, and they can do what they gotta do.

I haven’t the faintest idea how the licensing and contracts work for these kinds of things, but I can’t imagine the cost of the twilight zone IP is really hurting Disney. Especially considering they’d need to invest a bundle into updating the attraction/signage/merch/etc. if they dropped the IP. Perhaps someone more in the know than I can speculate if dropping the IP would have any monetary advantage

Well, there is a NEW Twilight Zone series for CBS All Access so the IP isn't quite so dated....
I don't understand the market for CBS all access. Their primary viewers are old people that hardly know how to use that. The young people just download CBS shows or use their parents accounts if they care. Apparently the reason star trek was a hit is because Netflix basically straight up funded it by paying 100+ million for international rights. And btw the only way to watch new star trek in surround sound in the US was to steal it.

This looks more like a car park than a road here.
If by car park you meant parking garage, no, that is not what is happening. Plans for a parking garage were ditched when SWL was moved. Probably for the better though as flat pavement allows flexibility in the long run whereas a parking garage is meant to be there for a long while.

With the limited land DHS has for expansion anyway, they may need the parking lot someday to expand into.

Well, there is a NEW Twilight Zone series for CBSAllAccess so the IP isn't quite so dated....

That doesn't mean much, as you can't guarantee that the CBSAA Twilight Zone project will be a success, let alone how long it takes for it to get it's first episodes released.

Yeah attractions are definitely less precious to me nowadays and I’m all for keeping the parks fresh. I know ToT will have to change at some point. But it just has so much run left in it exactly as it is, imo. ToT should be the absolute last thing Disney touches in DHS. If the question of renewing comes up soon, I say renew it and just let it remain as is while they overhaul everything else in that park. And by time they finally finish that, ToT will need a change, and they can do what they gotta do.

I haven’t the faintest idea how the licensing and contracts work for these kinds of things, but I can’t imagine the cost of the twilight zone IP is really hurting Disney. Especially considering they’d need to invest a bundle into updating the attraction/signage/merch/etc. if they dropped the IP. Perhaps someone more in the know than I can speculate if dropping the IP would have any monetary advantage

Honestly, I'm curious to see what @Brian G. may have to say, as it would be interesting to know how that license works in a way for Disney and CBS.

Inb4 Wakanda replaces Echo Lake ;)

YES. I'm ready for Wakanda Tours.

a2849e4ae0cb47cd88318f66b6f5523e.jpeg

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit