Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

So I’m at DHS right now and it really struck me for the first time how imbalanced this “new” park is.

After walking down Hollywood, you hit the Chinese Theater which will house MMRR next year, and then if you go anywhere except Sunset, you’ll run into Toy Story Mania, Saucers, Slinky, Smugglers Run, RotR (once it opens) and Star Tours (along with Muppets, Indy and Frozen).

The only reason to go to Sunset is for ToT and RNRC as far as rides go. Luckily both are good/great rides, but they REALLY need to expand that way for whatever they do next because the imbalance is something that is really felt when in the park.

Last edited:
So I’m at DHS right now and it really struck me for the first time how imbalanced this “new” park is.

After walking down Hollywood, you hit the Chinese Theater which will house MZmRR next year, and then if you go anywhere except Sunset, you’ll run into Toy Story Mania, Saucers, Slinky, Smugglers Run, RotR (once it opens) and Star Tours (along with Muppets, Indy and Frozen).

The only reason to go to Sunset is for ToT and RNRC as far as rides go. Luckily both are good/great rides, but they REALLY need to expand that way for whatever they do next because the imbalance is something that is really felt when in the park.

I've always thought that a family-friendly dark ride somewhere down there would be the perfect offering to balance out that thrill-heavy corner.

I maintain a clone of Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin could work well there (and could easily be made to fit the aesthetics of the area with an appropriate facade and entrance), but I'm sure Disney doesn't see much value in that IP anymore.

After walking down Hollywood, you hit the Chinese Theater which will house MMRR next year, and then if you go anywhere except Sunset, you’ll run into Toy Story Mania, Saucers, Slinky, Smugglers Run, RotR (once it opens) and Star Tours (along with Muppets, Indy and Frozen).

Yeah, that's a brand spankin' new feeling though. Most of my days at DHS have only consisted of a quick left for Star Tours and then down Sunset for TOT and RNRC. To me, the best rides in the park to this day.

Despite DHS not being designed to have many attractions I think it was in better shape than Epcot. All the parks could use some more expansions to be honest but some need it more than others.
Your opinion of course.

I still feel Epcot is a stronger park than Hollywood Studios right now even with Galaxy’s Edge open...

That being said, all four parks need a ton more attractions added.

I didn't realize Incredibles Celebration was temporary and I see it ends 9/30.

Do we know what else is coming down the line for Pixar Place or is this supposed to be a flex space now?

I didn't realize Incredibles Celebration was temporary and I see it ends 9/30.

Do we know what else is coming down the line for Pixar Place or is this supposed to be a flex space now?

I believe it’s supposed to act like another exit for GE in case of crowding but seeing as that hasn’t been needed I don’t see why it couldn’t sever as a flex space in the future to promote whatever new movie they have coming out. But with the recent cuts to entertainment it could be a while. Was incredible celebration paid by the studio or was it budgeted by parks and resort?

I believe it’s supposed to act like another exit for GE in case of crowding but seeing as that hasn’t been needed I don’t see why it couldn’t sever as a flex space in the future to promote whatever new movie they have coming out. But with the recent cuts to entertainment it could be a while. Was incredible celebration paid by the studio or was it budgeted by parks and resort?
It will not be another exit for SWGE unless it's NYE level crowds. I expect this to go back to being backstage space until the next "Celebration" comes to the area. There's good infrastructure in place in the area (Store, Indoor M&G, F&B, room for a street show, etc) for them to open this up to guests whenever they want, though.

Two things:

1. If this is just going to be a presentation of existing Mickey shorts, that is not a theme park-worthy attraction.
2. It better not be replacing Muppet*Vision 3D.

I doubt this would replace Muppets. But I do like the concept of this area becoming a mini land. It already has frozen and muppets.

Muppets is in Grand Park, as part of the Grand Avenue part of the park. Sounds like they’re attempting to rebrand Chinese Theater/Frozen/this theater as the Theater District.

The last time I was in the SD theater it was during the frozen summer event. Have they updated the space since then. It looked very dated and the seats even had the old containers for the SD headphones.

The last time I was in the SD theater it was during the frozen summer event. Have they updated the space since then. It looked very dated and the seats even had the old containers for the SD headphones.
I don’t know. Every time I tried to see the Star Wars Jedi thing it was closed