Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

You're right. I love Fantasmic.It's always been my fav nighttime show. ...But, after seeing it recently in November. it does need an update big time. it's getting ragged looking. Seriously, it actually suffers in looks compared to the new slick Universal Cinemagic, especially after seeing the two shows on consecutive nights. . I never thought I'd say that.

WDW's Fantasmic is uniformly awful especially after seeing how DLs show. BOTH versions of DL's are superior to WDW's and the new one is such a vast improvement its shocking.

I expect another fully themed land incoming and an IP replacement for Aerosmith. Tower of Terror should never be replaced. If anything just drop the Twilight Zone connection. Replace or update Fantasmic. Hopefully any of these future updates means a water ride. This park desperately needs one. Who agrees?
An IP replacement is probably the most likely thing to happen in the short term. That's something I could see them just dropping on the DPB and then closing a few months later. This could be something to look out for at Destination D this year.

Whatever happened to the Black Box rumor, btw?

WDW's Fantasmic is uniformly awful especially after seeing how DLs show. BOTH versions of DL's are superior to WDW's and the new one is such a vast improvement its shocking.

I honestly didn’t like Disneyland’s Fantasmic. Even with all the fancy upgrades, it’s not as entertaining as ours.

I'm not sure we saw the same show...
Agreed. Every version of DL's has been superior (other than we have seats). I remember first time I saw it when Mickey dissapears at the end and the lights come up in New Orleans Square think.. where did everything go?

An IP replacement is probably the most likely thing to happen in the short term. That's something I could see them just dropping on the DPB and then closing a few months later. This could be something to look out for at Destination D this year.

Whatever happened to the Black Box rumor, btw?

It's still happening, we're just waiting for construction to start.

Did it still have all the pretend second unit shooting stuff and the lame jokes?
yep......and they still have the 'plant' stuntman doing the fake' got hurt' by a girl scenes. .....I like the show, but there'es too much 'how we did it' dialogue. Beginning action scene , end scenes , and music are the best parts. I wish they'd get rid of the audience members in the show thing. That slows it up and bogs it down.............. Bourne, hopefully with no 'that's how we do it' dialogue, and all action, should be a refreshing change.

Last edited:
yep......and they still have the 'plant' stuntman doing the fake' got hurt' by a girl scenes. .....I like the show, but there'es too much 'how we did it' dialogue. Beginning action scene , end scenes , and music are the best parts. I wish they'd get rid of the audience members in the show thing. That slows it up and bogs it down.............. Bourne, hopefully with no 'that's how we do it' dialogue, and all action, should be a refreshing change.
It also sticks out as one of the last remnants of the "old" vision of the park. Aside from a few theming bits here and there around the park, it's the only attraction left that's trying to "show how it's made" and "give a peek behind the curtain". But the show still packs the theater so it's not top priority for me in terms of things that need to be worked on in the park. Animation Courtyard needs that love.

Those in between bits definitely slow down the show, but that’s how long it takes the stagehands to reset the sets for the next sequence. So, some type of filler would need to there.

I still like the line “There goes the neighborhood,” thirty years later. The rest you can change.

How much is the next phase of expansion likely to be based on attendence?

I'd guess they will want to see a substantial bump from GE and the other improvements before they stump up cash for a proper continuation of the overhaul (excluding smaller projects like the RNRC retheme)

How much is the next phase of expansion likely to be based on attendence?

I'd guess they will want to see a substantial bump from GE and the other improvements before they stump up cash for a proper continuation of the overhaul (excluding smaller projects like the RNRC retheme)
I bet what they’re working on next has a lot to do with it. Epcot now, then another E-ticket for Animal Kingdom, then maybe swing back around to the Studios.

I bet what they’re working on next has a lot to do with it. Epcot now, then another E-ticket for Animal Kingdom, then maybe swing back around to the Studios.

That's what I was thinking.
Obviously I have my fingers crossed that the next Indy is really good and sucessful and then we can finally get that much needed Indy Land (needed by me at least!)

In reality it's probably going to be more Pixar and possibly something Marvel related (Dr Strange maybe or some other character they can leagally use in Florida)

Agreed. Every version of DL's has been superior (other than we have seats). I remember first time I saw it when Mickey dissapears at the end and the lights come up in New Orleans Square think.. where did everything go?

That has always been the number 1 reason Disneyland’s will be superior, and the dragon. The way the show transforms an existing area, and then vanishes. Such brilliance. Disneyland just knows how to integrate well with what they have.

That has always been the number 1 reason Disneyland’s will be superior, and the dragon. The way the show transforms an existing area, and then vanishes. Such brilliance. Disneyland just knows how to integrate well with what they have.

The show also flows significantly better. The set-up and break down of the Pochahontas scene is a killer, plus the scene sucks to boot. Even the old version of the DL show had more happening. It's just a better show.

The show also flows significantly better. The set-up and break down of the Pochahontas scene is a killer, plus the scene sucks to boot. Even the old version of the DL show had more happening. It's just a better show.
Yes, The Pocahontas scene, by far, is the weakest part of DHS Fantasmic. That scene really does suck.

So the thought came to me, and call me out for my stupidity on it.
Why not retheme the area around RNRC to some Fox Properties?
GIVE ME A DIE HARD ATTRACTION, I BEG!
I can picture it already.
Theme up RNRC to alien vs predator but keep it pg-13
Retouch the Mcqueen Show into involving a Fox kid's I.P
And install a drop tower and theme it to Nakatomi Plaza

Last edited: