Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Headlined by a 25-year-old 3D movie. Super.

The worst thing they ever did with the Muppets was have guests appear at the end of the film in their overly 90s clothing. Besides that, it's held it up pretty well and what's funny then is still funny now.

Interestingly, Waldo was one of Jim's last puppeterring innovations and was featured on the short-lived Jim Henson Hour prior to MV3D. The tech used to create and control him has been evolved into a number of theme park attractions like Turtle Talk with Crush, Stitch Encounter and the 4D show at Hershey in PA. So Waldo being in the show is kind of just as important as this being Henson's last work: it's his gift to the amusement industry in so many ways.

Reactions: UNIrd
A pretty scathing analysis........Additionally, if indeed SWL will be going in the SOA & LMA sections instead of the rumored employee parking lot etc. areas, I wonder if that's associated with the other cost cuts we're seeing across the spectrum. They may not want to spend the monies required for those infrastructure changes and such associated with that. And, that would probably signal there won't be another phase of expansions after SWL. Mere conjecture by me, of course.

So from the new TSL concept art, it looks like SWL and TSL will butt up against one another, meaning the theory that SWL would be located in the parking lot behind Indiana Jones/Star Tours is not the case.

This allows them to keep Indiana Jones, which helps with capacity.

I think Star Tours stays though. I think they wrap the land behind muppets.

I think additional phases could happen in other areas like animation court.

Reactions: Ryan
I could see them keeping Star Tours just for the sake of saving money and adding capacity. This would obviously be to the detriment of theming, but I think they're getting desperate.
I would agree with this. Until the rumored phase 3 occurs there gonna try to get as much capacity as possible.

According to a couple of the more reliable types on Magic, the Toy Story art might not actually be as much of a smoking gun for the location of Star Wars Land as it would appear.

Reactions: martymcflyy85