Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've laid out exactly what I think needs to be done with DHS for a long time in vast detail, but i'll summarize once again that I think Muppets should either be better fleshed out by having an actual ride, or the area removed entirely. Indiana Jones Stunt Show can stay and be surrounded by an Indiana Jones land that includes an IJ ride using Pirates tech and the Paris coaster.

Lastly, rearrange backstage buildings (and knock down the parking garage along with the animation building) to connect TSL to RNRC and in the middle, add a land based on fantasy animated properties that currently are not represented in the parks such as Tangled (boat ride and snuggly duckling quick service), Up (Water ride), and Monsters inc (Door Coaster, Harryhausen's table service). Maybe Big Hero 6 as well.

Doing that would be putting billions more into the park, but it would ultimately finally make the park feel like a fairly full day park without having to expand into the parking lot yet. Even after that type of stuff, there's still plenty of room for expansion. People think DHS has no room, but with a little maneuvering, the park can have a pretty decent amount of land to work with, but this is years and years down the line.

I've laid out exactly what I think needs to be done with DHS for a long time in vast detail, but i'll summarize once again that I think Muppets should either be better fleshed out by having an actual ride, or the area removed entirely. Indiana Jones Stunt Show can stay and be surrounded by an Indiana Jones land that includes an IJ ride using Pirates tech and the Paris coaster.

Lastly, rearrange backstage buildings (and knock down the parking garage along with the animation building) to connect TSL to RNRC and in the middle, add a land based on fantasy animated properties that currently are not represented in the parks such as Tangled (boat ride and snuggly duckling quick service), Up (Water ride), and Monsters inc (Door Coaster, Harryhausen's table service). Maybe Big Hero 6 as well.

Doing that would be putting billions more into the park, but it would ultimately finally make the park feel like a fairly full day park without having to expand into the parking lot yet. Even after that type of stuff, there's still plenty of room for expansion. People think DHS has no room, but with a little maneuvering, the park can have a pretty decent amount of land to work with, but this is years and years down the line.
I'll never understand why we don't have a Muppets "making a movie" dark ride

Between the humor and the wackiness they could pull off it would be an instant classic

I will also never understand how The Incredibles, Monsters, etc have gotten largely ignored in the parks

Between the humor and the wackiness they could pull off it would be an instant classic

I will also never understand how The Incredibles, Monsters, etc have gotten largely ignored in the parks

Wasn’t there a problem with a licensing deal with Jim Henson?

Reactions: Darko and shiekra38

So many rumors of a Monsters coaster at WDW the past 15 years. Never materialized though.

I haven't been to WDW before but do think I want to check out DHS for a day. I feel like there's enough there to make a day for a first time visitor. Is there anything you recommend avoiding? I was going to try to avoid Slinky just because long lines and can do coasters at Universal.

Really just want to get Rise of the Resistance, Tower of Terror, Rock n Rollercoaster, and hopefully Millenium Faclon and TSMM and Muppets. Looks like Muppets and Star Tours is pretty much a walk on all the time. Is the Indiana Jones Stunt Show worth seeing as well?

Thanks!

I haven't been to WDW before but do think I want to check out DHS for a day. I feel like there's enough there to make a day for a first time visitor. Is there anything you recommend avoiding? I was going to try to avoid Slinky just because long lines and can do coasters at Universal.

Really just want to get Rise of the Resistance, Tower of Terror, Rock n Rollercoaster, and hopefully Millenium Faclon and TSMM and Muppets. Looks like Muppets and Star Tours is pretty much a walk on all the time. Is the Indiana Jones Stunt Show worth seeing as well?

Thanks!

Indy has been cut down from what it used to be, which is unfortunate, but I would say it's still worth seeing.

As for your other main priorities, I think that pretty much covers it! If you're interested in Disney history and don't mind a walk-through, the Walt Disney Presents/One Man's Dream exhibit (located near the entrance to Toy Story Land) features some wonderful displays covering Walt's life and the history of the studio and parks.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Thanks!

SLINKY IS GREAT.

DHS is a solid park but lacks some of the stuff that fills out USF. ToT, RnR, Runaway, Frozen, IJSS, ST, TSMM, Slinky, ASS, Rise, and MF are all worth doing at least once.

DHS is actually what people accuse USF of being - all E Tickets.

I think Disney thinks it's a park full of E-ticket rides...

... but I'd argue that Midway Mania, Slinky, Smuggler's Run, and Star Tours are D-tickets (or lower). Runaway Railway I'd put right on the line.

Which isn't necessarily a knock against any of them!

What DHS needs, I'd argue, are a couple D and C-tickets that don't pull the crowd demand of E-tickets. Good capacity people-eaters that give guests a couple more rides to accumulate in a given day.

They do? That's a silly accusation

All I've heard is the simulator thing...which...I can't really argue against since it's quite true

I've definitely heard USF characterized that way, even going back to the 1990s glory days.

I don't really agree. Lots of what I'd classify as D-tickets in there.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
I think Disney thinks it's a park full of E-ticket rides...
I think this is definitely closer to the truth. It's nowhere near a park full of E-tickets. It's a park filled with screen based attractions, yes, which is a similarity to USF. But Only RotR, ToT, and RNRC are true E's imo. It also doesn't have nearly enough rides - hell, I have an AP and can't remember the last time I stepped foot in the park. I always think about going to the park, but then remember that there's not much to do.

Star Tours and much of the time Smugglers Run don't draw big crowds, which was originally a big factor in designating an E or not. You had to pay more for the higher in demand rides. Prime example current day is Lightning Lane pricing. The more in demand rides (ie the big E's) will cost you more money if you want to secure a LL for the day.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
After hearing the rumors about the Rock N’ Roller Coaster getting a retheme due to the Steve Tyler allegations, do you guys think they would redo it with another band, or go with a film-related IP? I’d actually like them to try out either Metallica or Pearl Jam, but Queen sounds like a realistic choice and It’d be based on the band’s biopic. Not only the movie is a Disney property, the company also owns Hollywood Records, which is Brian’s and Roger’s label. Other than Queen, Breaking Benjamin is another successful band that is on Hollywood too, but that’s not a very popular pick (at least on an international scale).

and....DHS's capacity problem will get immeasurably worse, if that's even possible, with a long refurb of this attraction. Perhaps they should have brought some stuff back online, like Mermaid live show, before they went ahead with this.
DHS is a really good park, but it has a serious dearth of attractions.