Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 163 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Indiana Jones.

Design some kind of revolutionary ride system that starts as a fast(ish)-moving, jeep-style dark ride then transitions into a boat ride with drops. Theme the ride "duck boat"-type expedition vehicles.
*sigh*

I literally designed this sort of ride ages ago Concept was you are cast as extras in a new Indiana Jones film. Queue goes through wardrobe, catering, makeup, etc. Pre-show is the Asst. Director explaining your role as Resistance Fighters helping Indy and that your Jeep is radio controlled by the stunt director. You get in your Jeep, director yells action, and it’s a high speed chase, disguised as an ascent to the ride’s drop (into Echo Lake). The director yells cut, but the stunt director driving your vehicle brakes too late, sending you splashing into a river. You float around the bend toward the waterfall (the drop). Harrison and the rest of the crew try to save you but their too late and you going over.

Surviving, your RV floats into a cave where the next scene is being filmed — Indy riding a motorcycle out of a collapsing cave. They trigger the demolition before they realize you’re in there, so the Stunt Director controls you on a race (alongside Indy) out of the cave and into a lateral splashdown finale.

Said it before but... if they are going to put a water ride into the Studios it really has to be Indiana Jones using Shanghi Pirates tech - now that would be amazing.

You all and your water rides

Let me guess, you've had a bad experience with a wet patch? ;)

Reactions: Cheezbat
Said it before but... if they are going to put a water ride into the Studios it really has to be Indiana Jones using Shanghi Pirates tech - now that would be amazing.
I don’t consider Shanghai Pirates a “Water Ride”. A boat ride, sure. But when I think of the term “water ride”, I’m thinking of Splash, Dudley, Popeye, Kali, etc.

Reactions: n i c k and Mad Dog
I don’t consider Shanghai Pirates a “Water Ride”. A boat ride, sure. But when I think of the term “water ride”, I’m thinking of Splash, Dudley, Popeye, Kali, etc.
I get Popeye/Kali but Splash and Dudley are pretty much the same thing - boat rides with drops (which Shanghi also has)

I just think the tech has a lot of untapped potential, they could probably do Splash Mountain on steroids with it.

I get Popeye/Kali but Splash and Dudley are pretty much the same thing - boat rides with drops (which Shanghi also has)

I just think the tech has a lot of untapped potential, they could probably do Splash Mountain on steroids with it.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see a ride use the tech. But what I mean is a ride you get wet on.I think DHS needs both types of rides though.

You get really really wet on Dudley, like Popeye. It's a water ride for sure. ....Splash is just a mist unless you're in a boat with a lot of weight, and even thn it's not much more than POC.

Wow! I didn’t expect my one simple comment about needing a water ride would get this much traction.

I’m happy to see that most people agree!

This park needs its own Dudley or Splash mountain. Something that actually gets you wet. An Indiana Jones water ride would be perfect!

What other IPs would fit into this park for a water based ride? The only other one I can think of is maybe The Little Mermaid? I know it already has a presence in the park but so does Indy.

What’s wrong with them? Water rides are some of the best ever!

Jurassic Park
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splash Mountain

Give me something on their levels at DHS, and that park will be in better shape.
Nothing is really wrong with them...They just get brought up a lot

I will say I'm not a fan of getting drenched for the rest of the day like on Popeye or Infinity Falls

Now that Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway is open, it seems that the initial overhaul is complete (besides the new restaurant coming to Toy Story Land). So what's next for Hollywood Studios?

It may be a minute before anything is done, but there was a rumored phase 4 to take place between Pixar Place and RNRC to make the park a full circle, but who knows.

Fantasmic upgrade plz
You're right. I love Fantasmic.It's always been my fav nighttime show. ...But, after seeing it recently in November. it does need an update big time. it's getting ragged looking. Seriously, it actually suffers in looks compared to the new slick Universal Cinemagic, especially after seeing the two shows on consecutive nights. . I never thought I'd say that.

You're right. I love Fantasmic.It's always been my fav nighttime show. ...But, after seeing it recently in November. it does need an update big time. it's getting ragged looking. Seriously, it actually suffers in looks compared to the new slick Universal Cinemagic, especially after seeing the two shows on consecutive nights. . I never thought I'd say that.

I love it so much, but it’s old and desperately needs an upgrade on the effects.

Like Alicia said, hopefully something to Animation Courtyard. Demolish the whole area, it can all go as far as i'm concerned.

And take down the stupid Arch while you're at it.

Fantasmic upgrade plz
Fantasmic should be in line to get upgraded seeing as it's the last remaining show from the 90's/early 00's to not have changed in recent years. Fantasmic was on the chopping block though in 2017 for TRON to be built there so it's not necessairly safe from demolition either as it sits on a rather large pad of land.

I expect another fully themed land incoming and an IP replacement for Aerosmith. Tower of Terror should never be replaced. If anything just drop the Twilight Zone connection. Replace or update Fantasmic. Hopefully any of these future updates means a water ride. This park desperately needs one. Who agrees?