Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I see your point @Nick C. , but I pictured a street running left as you enter the park similar to Sunset on the right side. This would balance the park and create the hub/spoke effect with GCT in the center.
We may get that eventually, especially since I don't think the Sounds Dangerous/Frozen Sing-a-long complex of buildings will last more than 5-10 years. If they can ever bulldoze that waste of space, then we'd be getting somewhere and potentially create a more themed environment in that area as you are alluding to.

Reactions: Joel
It's funny that after so many, many, many years of fireworks at WDW, it's now at once a problem. Is this the prelude to no fireworks to collect (again) a bit more money for the shareholders? (rhetorical question)

The fireworks at MK are setup behind the park with sprinklers throughout the woods around them to help prevent this from happening. Apparently the DHS fireworks are does not have sprinklers in the surrounding area (yet) which is surprising since they know this can be a problem even in the rainy season.

So I was watching the Indiana Jones show this weekend and a few things happened:

1. Completely different set of actors that I've seen the past 5-6 times over the last few years. Literally never had different actors for the main characters until now. Not a single person from before was there. I missed my favorite guy with the lisp who does the intro.. and the mole was a different guy too.

2. The giant ball didn't work and I thought it was a fluke until..

3. They cut the second scene down to the point where after they climb up the buildings on the right side, they just said "cut" and they didn't have anyone falling off the buildings or anything.

Each time the scene was cut short, they played it off instantly like "we're going to get that shot later today" or "we're going to be shooting you two falling from up top later on"

Hopefully this is just a fluke of a weekend.

So I was watching the Indiana Jones show this weekend and a few things happened:

1. Completely different set of actors that I've seen the past 5-6 times over the last few years. Literally never had different actors for the main characters until now. Not a single person from before was there. I missed my favorite guy with the lisp who does the intro.. and the mole was a different guy too.

3. They cut the second scene down to the point where after they climb up the buildings on the right side, they just said "cut" and they didn't have anyone falling off the buildings or anything.

Each time the scene was cut short, they played it off instantly like "we're going to get that shot later today" or "we're going to be shooting you two falling from up top later on"

Does seem odd, maybe s bout of illness has hit the crew :shrug:

Does seem odd, maybe s bout of illness has hit the crew :shrug:
All live shows at the parks have mulitple contingencies to account for people missing or equipment not working. This sounds like a show that was short 1 or 2 stunt performers or 1 or 2 safety techs so they had to cut each act short.

I've seen a couple truncated versions of the show like this over the years, and they always pass it off as if everything's going according to plan. I've never seen a show shortened quite like it sounds yours was, but I'm sure it's because some elements were unavailable/not working (perhaps the airbags that catch the stunt performers' falls were being worked on, for example) rather than anything truly sinister like the show being on the immediate chopping block.

@Mad Dog would not be happy with all this uncivility, let's keep it light hearted guys :)

All live shows at the parks have mulitple contingencies to account for people missing or equipment not working. This sounds like a show that was short 1 or 2 stunt performers or 1 or 2 safety techs so they had to cut each act short.

I've seen a couple truncated versions of the show like this over the years, and they always pass it off as if everything's going according to plan. I've never seen a show shortened quite like it sounds yours was, but I'm sure it's because some elements were unavailable/not working (perhaps the airbags that catch the stunt performers' falls were being worked on, for example) rather than anything truly sinister like the show being on the immediate chopping block.

That's good to here. This is probably one of my all-time favorite things at WDW.

Nah, give us the Shanghai Pirates ride with an Indiana Jones theme. New ride system for WDW, high capacity, and all ages friendly, which DHS will sorely need.
Between stunt show props and great movie ride scenery (when they close that for Mickey Mouse ride) they got half the theming ready to go!

An Indy-fied version of Shanghai's Pirates would also finally give Hollywood Studios a boat ride. Just for the sake of variety, it would be a great fit in the park.

As much as it would pain me, I'd be in favor of Star Tours (or whatever it might get re-themed to) being overtaken by a larger Indiana Jones land. Add the new water ride, either keep the stunt show or perhaps replace it with a re-worked, less intense version of the Indy coaster from Paris, and re-theme Backlot Express to fit the world of Indy.

Quick armchair Imagineering. If we roughly consider Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land to be a “Phase One” of Hollywood Studios being “overhauled,” this is what a hypothetical “Phase Two” should look like, in my opinion…

Revamp Animation Courtyard Area
- Re-theme shows if desired; One Man’s Dream stays.
- Push back beyond the animation building and open up that space for 3 - 4 attractions (a couple dark rides if at all possible, with one of them being the Mickey ride rumored to take over GMR).
- Connect new expansion to Sunset Boulevard.

Flesh Out Muppets Courtyard

- Add unique (but compact) flat ride.
- Re-theme Mama Melrose to the Muppets.

Indiana Jones Land

- Absorb Star Tours area.
- Add new Indiana Jones ride inspired by Shanghai’s Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Re-theme Backlot Express.
- Update Stunt Spectacular OR replace with an Indiana Jones coaster (more exciting than what Slinky will be, but a step below something like Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster).

General Refresh
- New show to take the place of Beauty and the Beast.
- Replace 2 - 3 show scenes on The Great Movie Ride to fit more contemporary tastes, but still leaving most of the classics intact.
- Replace Aerosmith as the anchor of Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.

I think the park would be in fantastic shape after all that. Most of it is unlikely to happen, however!