Disney's NextGen Initiative | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's NextGen Initiative

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am all for the system, but that commercial was a little slow... it needed to go at a bit faster pace. I almost tuned out and I was trying to watch it. So someone who is just seeing it as a commercial is gonna tune it out.

It is way too slow, especially for a FastPass system. :rofl:

I just read on another forum that Disney releases the full allocation of FastPasses for an attraction now at the 60 day window and that non-resort guests who have their window open at the 30 day mark are not finding FP availability for some attractions. Is that true? Will it be possible to run at run-drop to an attraction to find that FastPass has been distributed for the day? :lol:

WESH reported that Disney has just laid off apx. 500 IT employees. Don't know if it was all Next Gen stuff though since some of the employees had been been there for 10+ years. Rumored that many of the jobs are being outsourced to Asia. I would hate to be an IT person living in Orlando. Lots of competition for IT jobs in that market now. Always sad to hear of so many people losing jobs. Even highly educated people in the New World corporate environment have very little job security.

The MM+ project has been in development for close to 10 years. It's finally fully rolled out. I'm not surprised that people are being laid off now that it's been rolled out for almost a year now.

Excellent article today on Fastcompany.com telling the backroom stories of the Next Gen program. Lot's of interviews with Disney execs. Of course there's some typical corporate propaganda, but on the whole, it's a very interesting background piece.

I'm new to this whole MyMagic+ thing (I haven't been to Disney World in 5 years) and I just got an annual pass yesterday. I already ordered a magic band and I'm booking fast passes for May 15th, the first day of Star Wars Weekends. I picked Star Tours for 10:25 am, and it gave me fast passes for The Great Movie Ride and the Frozen sing-along... Eww... Is there any way to get rid of the last 2 forced fast passes? Or do I lose those fast passes for good?

I'm new to this whole MyMagic+ thing (I haven't been to Disney World in 5 years) and I just got an annual pass yesterday. I already ordered a magic band and I'm booking fast passes for May 15th, the first day of Star Wars Weekends. I picked Star Tours for 10:25 am, and it gave me fast passes for The Great Movie Ride and the Frozen sing-along... Eww... Is there any way to get rid of the last 2 forced fast passes? Or do I lose those fast passes for good?

Normally there's an option to manage, replace, change times, etc. for that stuff.

I just tried to, but if you want to change one of them, it changes all of them :doh:

I guess I'll have to call customer support tomorrow.
You can change them individually
Via 'Replace existing selections'