Disney's World of Color | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's World of Color

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here's a few clips of the show put together to give you an idea how marvelous this looks.

[video=youtube;rMbqAcm4AgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbqAcm4AgI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

World of Color is probley the best nighttime spectacular show ever. It looks unbelievable!

According to Attraction Maginzine's twitter, something like World of Color was going to be at Animal Kingdom.
RT @kurtisnelson: Originally in the blue-sky planning of WoC they were considering it at Animal Kingdom on the lake btw Dinoland/Asia.

Here's a few clips of the show put together to give you an idea how marvelous this looks.

[video=youtube;rMbqAcm4AgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbqAcm4AgI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

When I look at that video, I think two of two things: $ expensive $ and HOW DID THEY DO THAT!?! :lol:

Anyway, the world of color looks fantastic. Well done Disney!

Saw the show. Let's just say that it was okay at best. The fountains were short and stubby. The fire was actually just a bad idea. It was so jarring. Did I mention that there was no story? Also, the scope was so small. I did some research and was right. The World of Color has less fountains than Bellagio and Dubai by a lot. Also, the mist screens were just terrible. Completely blurry and they were destracting. The whole thing felt long and sort of tacky. If I hear"the world is a carsel of coooooolrrrrrrrr"(spelling it how it is sung) one more time:(
It really had a lot of potential, but just wasn't even as good as a firework show. From the videos it looks great, but when you see it in real life it is just boring. I would rank both Fantasmic, Bellagio Fountains, Reflections at Epcot, and the firework shows better than this. Very dissapointed. Read this thread and you can see why I am not the only one who was not pleased with WoC. Whatever, I will go to Bellagio instead. Higher fountains, better coreograpy, better songs, more fountains, no wait time for shows, and a 8 times larger lake make Bellagio way better than World of Color. Also Bellagio is free.
Here is the thread:http://micechat.com/forums/sue-kruse-columns/138518-6-9-great-expectations-4.html
You know the show is not very good when a Disney fan site does not have positive reviews. Guess I was right.:-X
By the way, the Bellagio fountain show is more expensive

Last edited:
Those DL fans on that forum complain a lot anyway.

I thought it was funny how one guy was trying to say WWOHP and UO all together wasn't good :lol:.

Although it is unlikely, I would love for this show to make it to Orlando one day. You never know what could happen.

It is a really good display of water features and other nightime pyrotechnic effects. Probably the best actually which is nice that they can top themselves with fantasmic. Another aweosme bonus is how it interacts with the park as its backdrop such as with the paradise pier mickey wheel going through colors and patterns.

But the problem I have is after a while I feel sort of decensatized to it. Huge fountains are awesome and they are stunning but the show itself is not compelling for me. Like many others have said their gripe with it to be is there is really no orginal content, that it is just a montage of films. Its nice and all but also repatetive when you have the same songs featured in Fantasmic. There are plenty of material that is not used from Disney. Even going way back. How about some of the features that Walt actually showed in Wonderful World of Colors? Instead we get Pirates of the Caribbean blasting in near the end and just a rehash of Bald Mt(which I love but again when going on next door at the other park's nighttime show that is enough)

would of color is great at parts and VERY VERY boring at others, the ending makes up for the boring. i think the show would be better if they decided to spend a little bit on cash on some fireworks. and cut out some parts of the show.

i wish alice and wonderland was in it instead of under the sea they ruined the song!
and Pocahontas doesn't have to have that long of a part of the show. i wish peterpan was in the show. i also wish for a tarzan or cinderella maybe be our guest from beauty and the beast, i wanted to see mroe disney moments. i love the wally part of the show alottttt thats my fave part!!!!!

Last edited:
From Screamscape:

(11/3/10) Over this past weekend Disney has added a new “encore” scene to the end of the World of Color show… and keeping with the popular trend in the park right now, it is Tron themed. In other DCA news… the steel going in for Cars Land was ‘topped out’ this past week as the highest point of steel for the fake mountain range was put into place.

I actually saw this show in person and it is AMAZING! Youtube just doesn't do it justice. Also the new Tron ending is probably better than the original encore.

Here is the Tron ending scene of World of Color. It's pretty epic.

[video=youtube;nqmnC3OpgTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqmnC3OpgTc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

It is a great show however it does struggle to hold you attention for the full duration, surprised they are extending it further.

I am surprised that nobody found this or posted this. I just found this today. Here is a video from the 2011 New Years Eve Countdown at DCA. Pretty cool. Music selection could have been better in my opinion but still pretty cool.

[video=youtube;vA_FmUdsnAY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA_FmUdsnAY&feature=related[/video]

Disney made the poorest decision when they put Bieber in. But overall, it looks like they are really using those fountains to the fullest and maybe we'll see the technology arrive in one of the parks at WDW!

I agree. I think the flame fountains along with the inferno barge would be epic on so many levels. Maybe some mist screens to show what is being projected on the globe because half the time I can't even see the projections on the globe.