Disney's World of Color | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's World of Color

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Im not saying WOC is bad. But, I would any day rather watch 6 showings of Bellagio's different songs. Bellagio goes higher than WOC and has more oresman(fountains that can turn around). Bellagio is bigger significantly than WOC. Bellagio has better soundtracks more diverse. Bellagio was built 12 years before WOC and still holds its ground. Bellagio has more fountains actually. Faster shoot up and more lights. So to me Bellagio is better. So we have Fantasmic mist screens and huge fire balls. Bellagio has more fountains that shoot higher in a bigger space with better atmosphere than a boardwalk fair and carnival.

Im not saying WOC is bad. But, I would any day rather watch 6 showings of Bellagio's different songs. Bellagio goes higher than WOC and has more oresman(fountains that can turn around). Bellagio is bigger significantly than WOC. Bellagio has better soundtracks more diverse. Bellagio was built 12 years before WOC and still holds its ground. Bellagio has more fountains actually. Faster shoot up and more lights. So to me Bellagio is better. So we have Fantasmic mist screens and huge fire balls. Bellagio has more fountains that shoot higher in a bigger space with better atmosphere than a boardwalk fair and carnival.

Wait, how can you judge based on a video shot from over 200 feet away without the actual video projections and everything running? I'm not saying that one is better than the other, but how can we make a comparison if one isn't even finished yet? That's sort of like saying Iron Man is better than Iron Man 2.

Last edited:

Bellagio count = 8 :confused:

I need to back on my previous statements. Really, WOC and Bellagio are TWO different kinds of shows. Bellagio is more of an epic and very wide elegant ballet like presentation. WOC is more of a Cirque du Soleil fountain show of shows. Bellagio is an eleven acre lake while WOC looks to be slightly smaller. Oddly enough, they both reportedly use around 1200 fountain heads each. That said, they are both epic in scope but very different in the presentation they achieve.

That's comedy. Universal has more Water rides than Disney. Water rides are more maintenance heavy than any dark ride you could think of.

Regardless of that, WoC was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Bravo Disney.

I was mainly referring to visual-related maintenance, rather than things that a required to be maintained.

like water vortexes! Or green tracks! Or exploding shacks!

Do you really think Universal wouldn't start cutting things from this show after a few months of it running?

Like a Yeti! or a Running Dino! Or not showing Fantasmic but few times an entire week.

The major theme parks often suck at showmanship upkeep these days, it is not just a Universal thing.

a Running Dino!

Huh? Both times I went to Animal Kingdom, the charging carnotaurus was in fact charging (and freakin awesome, too). Plus, they have a good backup plan if it ever isn't running.

The water vortex isn't currently in a "backup plan" phase. They freaking cut it out of the ride. To me, the water vortex was the best part of Poseidon's Fury.

But you're right. Disney does its fair share of cutbacks, too. I haven't been to any of the other Disney parks in a while, so I can't really properly compare.

I have a cutback to add to the Disney list:

- Not refurbishing their attractions! the last time I was on its a small world, 3 of the animatronics heads were dangling by a little wire. Now, either it has been fixed or more attractions in their parks have problems like this. WOC is going to be an awesome show, but I have feeling in the pit of my stomach they will make it a seasonal show. It will be shown during Spring Break, the summer, etc.

That is impressive....simply stunning. Overall odds of us getting this show in WDW, experts? lol.

-2%

However, I could see some similar effects being added to a new show for either Epcot or Animal Kingdom. It wouldn't be anywhere is large.

Seeing as how Animal Kingdom can't exactly have fireworks, wouldn't a water show make sense? If it were possible to have a large enough viewing area without cutting out too much vegetation, Animal Kingdom could have an animal-themed water show (and maybe add in some of the ideas from River of Lights, too).

Just my thoughts, any ways, because it will be ages before I can ever make the pilgrimage to Disneyland.

Last edited:
I really wanna check this show out. I've been dying to get back to Disneyland (last time I was there I was 5), but I'm waiting for DCA's remodel to be finished before I head over.

Omg, finally got around to checking this out and this show looks absolutely amazing!....... And the logistics of the tech of this, downright jaw-dropping. This has ramped up my interest of making a Cali trip a priority. (Will be my first time to Disneyland!)