Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Doc Brown's Chicken

The Simpsons food court is very similar to a mall food court.  Many different food options on the inside and the streetmosphere reflects individual locations.  In other words, don't get your hopes up.

Yeah but from the looks of it, it looks like it's gettin' torn down ;p if not, I'll be surprised!

I hope that the new food court will have Cletus' or something that serves chicken. I dont like burgers :/
I wouldn't act so confidently if I were you. There are two routes they can go - and one definitely involves demolition. But there's still a lot of stuff that needs to happen before they can approach that path - stuff that I'm quite frankly unaware of.

Notice how we didn't give a definite date for Doc's closing. For all we know, it may not happen if something falls through between now and January. Remember Doc's original closing date was rumored to be in September along with the rest of the closures? That obviously didn't pan through, and this closing date may not as well. But unlike the September date, we have enough confirmations from different sources that pushed us to make that post. Having said that, like I said in my earlier post, there are still some contingencies that need to occur for a demolition to occur.

This isn't as clear cut as the September closures, that's for sure.

The Simpsons food court is very similar to a mall food court. Many different food options on the inside and the streetmosphere reflects individual locations. In other words, don't get your hopes up.
Thats pretty much how it is in Florida for the most part. I wasn't expecting or wouldn't expect anything different :) it's the only route that would make sense especially for our tight space. As much as I dont like the ride, it'll be nice to have a unified theme!
I wouldn't act so confidently if I were you. There are two routes they can go - and one definitely involves demolition. But there's still a lot of stuff that needs to happen before they can approach that path - stuff that I'm quite frankly unaware of.
Ok...well, from what I'VE "seen", it looks like demolition is the path they're going for, unless things have changed. Thats why I mentioned it the way I did. I said "from the looks of it". I never said 100%. I'm gonna act however I'd like based on what ive seen...of course it's not 100%. If anything changes, I'll embrace it within a second. I'm not stubborn, I was just going based off of what ive seen. If it's not full demolition and they'll save some of the buildings, so be it! More history preserved :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We've seen the same things. All of us have seen the same plan. And while it does lean to demo, as I stated in the podcast, there's still a chance of retrofitting. It's not 100% on demo yet. They're still undecided and right now it's probably 60/40 in either direction.

I'm not confident enough to say it's being demolished, but that's my personal take. I've got whispers in my ear that give me reason to pause before I say that.

Not attacking anyone or anyone's views, just trying to put it out there for others on the sidelines.

It's always important to note that most of time, we're only receiving pieces of the puzzle. It's our job to join everything together into a coherent linear timeline.

My motto has always been to remain humble with what you do know and to remain cognizant that - unless you're working behind the scenes - you never know the entire picture of what's occurring in their offices.

Although Florida does have the Duff Beer Gardens, Food Trucks and the Spinner which is the half we will never see here.  I am expecting Moe's Tavern and Cletus' Chicken Shack at the very least on the exterior of the building.

they just redid the kitchen so im sure some of the building will be saved lol
I personally do not think the building will be saved.  My reason behind this is not because of the new kitchen, but because of the relocation of the Studio Tour entrance and the restrooms.  I believe the goal was to see the Tour entrance from the Starway.  Doc Brown's currently sits in the way of this happening.  *Remember that the old street near Curious George is not returning, so this entire area needs an adjustment to handle Tour crowd, Simpsons crowd and Starway crowd... yikes!

Streets need to open up and Doc Brown's is currently in a poor spot with extremely narrow streets surrounding it.

My personal belief is from the fact there are too many other things moving around this building for it not to be demolished.

Wow that's a great point Chris. That would definitely make more sense, especially considering they already went to great lengths to remove the old bathroom and move the tour entrance, so removing Doc's would really open up the area. Which will REALLY be needed.

Hmmm...that would be interesting. And if they did keep it, it would be nice if they themed the Cinnabon side as a Lard Lad's donut walk up window.

Although part of me was really hoping that it'd be demolished so that, like Chris said, it would really open up the path towards the Studio Tour. The two little corridors on either side of Doc's is simply not big enough for the crowds that will be going to and from the tour (especially since the tour is expecting new animations AND that Potter is in the previous main path)

If it was up to me, one of the things I'd address during the addition of Springfield is improve the Simpson's Ride facade. Currently you see two massive (and very obvious) Omnimax show buildings jutting out, with a blue paint job and some cut outs on the sides. I wish they'd find a way to add more to the show building (and queue) to make it look like Krustyland and not IFT with a cheesy paint job....it hasn't aged well and will look even worse once Potter opens with its lavishly themed land. I know Krustyland is supposed to be cheesy, but the current facade isn't even cheesy, it just looks bad...

I'm not sure what else they could do to the Simpsons building without any heavy modifications, and even then, I think it'll still look odd. That building has a very unique design and it's hard to see it being anything but a building that you would see at a university. It's not a great facade by any means, but it's not downright atrocious like Florida's setup.

...and if Florida hasn't revamped their facade yet given the Springfield additions, I doubt Hollywood would move ahead with any new changes either.

Honestly, Simpsons in Hollywood is miles ahead of the one in Florida. It's not even a competition.

No, I know they probably wont do it, since they didn't in Florida. And yes they can totally mask the show buildings and it wouldn't be heavy modifications to the building, just a facade. Just need a little imagination and money :)

I agree that's it's better than in Florida but it's still ugly.

I've always thought it would be cool if they made the Simpsons ride building look like the cooling towers from the Springfeild power plant.

After all, a nuclear power plant is where all the fun and imagination that powers Krustyland comes from.

I was planning to have one last meal at Doc's last night when Universal decided to change the closing time randomly.  Earlier in the day, closing time was 6:00pm, when I arrived at 5:45, the sign was adjusted to close at 5:30.  Bad form Universal.  Oh well.

Time to move this one into the Studio Vault!