Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
D_9g23qUIAAiB48

From SDCC, Scott Dereckson has teased of this being the first Scary film for the MCU (Will be PG-13 however). Additionally, Elizabeth Olsen will return to tie this in with WandaVision.

I’m excited for something a little outside the box for the MCU. But I do wonder that even if the film stays the same if they will try and shy away from it being scary in the marketing due to it turning lots of people away from not wanting to see scary movies.

Wonder how this will affect the release date. If this is gonna cause a major delay, there’s no way it will make it’s May release next year.

Wonder how this will affect the release date. If this is gonna cause a major delay, there’s no way it will make it’s May release next year.

They'll grab a TV director and salvage what they can. At least they have a year and a half. Marvel was thrown into chaos when one movie got delayed, how's everything gonna fit together when another one has to be late?

Could swap Spidey and this maybe. Not sure. Clearly, this won’t be a horror film in the slightest it seems. Not that we expected it but yeah.

THR has reported that they still intend on beginning production by May, so I don't think this may be..too bad of an effect.

Personally, I'm calling it on Matt Shakman (Director of Wandavision) to join on. Considering how much this does seem to tie into the D+ show, it would actually make a lot of sense to bring on someone familiar to what will go down.

This is not what I would call a good thing...

Maybe I’m just more tuned in because this is a theme park forum so Disney movies are obviously mentioned a lot- but am I crazy in thinking Disney has had an abnormal amount of directors quitting, getting fired, disputes, etc than other studios?

It just seems like every 5th movie they do there’s some director drama. I know they have a brand to protect but this is why people fear disney acquisitions of things that aren’t on brand already for them.

I mean they’ll likely make the release date and just rush it. Which sucks.

I mean, considering Scott is still on for Executive Producing, it isn't like he is completely leaving the project altogether (and I would think that the script would still be the one he wrote with Jade Bartlett).

I do think we need to cool our jets, at-least until we get the word of a new director (which I do think is going to come up extremely quick--as there were character descriptions found by Discussing Film a few hours prior to the announcement).

Maybe I’m just more tuned in because this is a theme park forum so Disney movies are obviously mentioned a lot- but am I crazy in thinking Disney has had an abnormal amount of directors quitting, getting fired, disputes, etc than other studios?

It just seems like every 5th movie they do there’s some director drama. I know they have a brand to protect but this is why people fear disney acquisitions of things that aren’t on brand already for them.

This is the first for Phase 4, as far as I'm aware. And I mean, Phase 3 had it's own fair share of director changes (Taika wasn't the original director of Thor: Ragnarok folks). I'm more glad that this isn't a Solo situation.

I mean, considering Scott is still on for Executive Producing, it isn't like he is completely leaving the project altogether (and I would think that the script would still be the one he wrote with Jade Bartlett).

I do think we need to cool our jets, at-least until we get the word of a new director (which I do think is going to come up extremely quick--as there were character descriptions found by Discussing Film a few hours prior to the announcement).

This is the first for Phase 4, as far as I'm aware. And I mean, Phase 3 had it's own fair share of director changes (Taika wasn't the original director of Thor: Ragnarok folks). I'm more glad that this isn't a Solo situation.
Ya I know that’s fair. I’m not sure how much influence he’ll have as an EP though. I’m sure a director is already lined up and everything will be on track. I’m thinking this is mostly due to Derrickson wanting to go close to full on horror and Marvel/Disney said too far and he wouldn’t budge or get away from that vision. We shall see

This is one of the first times this has happened for the MCU (obviously the James Gunn fiasco is another).

It happens far more for Star Wars and Disney Live Action to some extent. This shouldn’t be something to worry about with Fox thankfully because outside of some IPs, there’s no brand to protect and they’re basically Disney’s R-rated releasing wing.

This is one of the first times this has happened for the MCU (obviously the James Gunn fiasco is another).

It happens far more for Star Wars and Disney Live Action to some extent. This shouldn’t be something to worry about with Fox thankfully because outside of some IPs, there’s no brand to protect and they’re basically Disney’s R-rated releasing wing.

Right. That’s why I said Disney and not MCU.

They seem do it more than the other studios, right? Or am I just imagining it.

I'm guessing one person wanted this film more dark and scary (Scott) while Disney wanted this much lighter similar to the original Thor: Ragnorak script which was much darker than got much lighter.