Dodgeball 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Dodgeball 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Disney loves sequels!

Ben Still holding out currently. I feel like he got burnt by Zoolander 2, so he may have to see a really good script to join this (or a really nice check)

I wouldn’t mind seeing Vince Vaughn go up against a new villain. Could be a fun bit of casting. Then stiller can come in for a cameo, maybe at the end.

Reactions: Nick
I wouldn’t mind seeing Vince Vaughn go up against a new villain. Could be a fun bit of casting. Then stiller can come in for a cameo, maybe at the end.

The obvious pitch for a sequel would be that Vaughn and Stiller are (eventually) forced to team-up against an even more obnoxious villain.

Reactions: SeventyOne
This would be a mistake. Comedy sequels almost always suck compared to the original. The Hangover Part 2, Bad Santa 2, Anchorman 2. It's the equivalent of telling the same joke twice, and everyone knows that a joke will never be as funny as the first time you heard it.

This would be a mistake. Comedy sequels almost always suck compared to the original. The Hangover Part 2, Bad Santa 2, Anchorman 2. It's the equivalent of telling the same joke twice, and everyone knows that a joke will never be as funny as the first time you heard it.
Not only that though, but it's way too late. This movie is on the table because Disney is trying to squeeze everything they can out of 20th Century IPs. But 20+ years later feels too long of a wait and for it to truly work, they would have to make sure it has appeal to a younger demographic instead of just the aging demographic that loved the original.

Maybe i'm wrong here though and it's been so long that essentially doing a second Dodgeball that's sort of the comedy equivalent of what TFA was to ANH (which was simply Star Wars for a new generation using almost a copy and paste format), maybe it does well simply because younger audiences wouldn't have seen the original movie so this would be new to them. Almost like a Disney Live Action Remake in concept?

I’d rather a legacy sequel… maybe with Justin Long in the gym owner role. Bring in Vaughn as the mentor (maybe).

Reactions: n i c k

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts