1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Dollywood!

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Theme Parks' started by TheDecemberists, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Donald Razorduck

Donald Razorduck Rookie

Meh,

Score one for SDC in keeping their Splash Battle.

SDC has been releasing some photos of their Osborne Light additions along with the other additions

MidwestInfoGuide: Christmas in Midtown Testing (SDC)

Cheezbat likes this.
  2. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

Yeah not thrilling at all. Losing a fun ride for an entertainment venue? They could've built it elsewhere.

3. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

This will at least get use season-round. Splash Battle barely got use even on hot days unless you wanted to be soaked.

4. Donald Razorduck

Donald Razorduck Rookie

Some rides are just seasonal, not everything has to be year round in a well rounded park, but whatever. When it's warm, the one at SDC sees plenty of action.

5. cwgator

cwgator Rookie

There is a huge clearing up the mountain from where this is located. Rumor has it they will expand up from here and needed to clear some of the space in order to properly grade the area for ADA purposes to do so. Of course with all rumors, take with a grain of salt. You can see this clearing however from the train after it passes Thunderhead.

6. bob albert

bob albert Member

I think Dollywood is prime for huge additions in the next decade. It is becoming a real destination park.

Cheezbat likes this.
  7. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

It's a gorgeous park with unique rides and attractions...and a wonderful waterpark. Can't wait to see what's coming down the line for the park.

Mad Dog likes this.
  8. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Mark UK Trigg is visiting Dollywood & Pigeon Creek for part of his 2018 USA vacation. Any Dollywood recommendations?

9. Kraken&Manta

Kraken&Manta Member

The DreamMore is really nice and has great deals at different times of the year. I think they had something along the lines of two day passes and unlimited fast passes when I was there.
    Depending on the time of year you go, Wild Eagle may have issues with wasps surrounding the top of the lift hill.
    Get Cinnamon Bread at the Grist Mill. Honestly everything I've ever eaten at Dollywood has been great, so bring an empty stomach! :lol:
    Ride Lightning Rod many times, especially at night! My favorite coaster by far and away

Disneyhead and Mad Dog like this.