1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Dollywood!

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Theme Parks' started by TheDecemberists, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Donald Razorduck

Donald Razorduck Rookie

Meh,

Score one for SDC in keeping their Splash Battle.

SDC has been releasing some photos of their Osborne Light additions along with the other additions

MidwestInfoGuide: Christmas in Midtown Testing (SDC)

Cheezbat likes this.
  2. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

Yeah not thrilling at all. Losing a fun ride for an entertainment venue? They could've built it elsewhere.

3. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

This will at least get use season-round. Splash Battle barely got use even on hot days unless you wanted to be soaked.

4. Donald Razorduck

Donald Razorduck Rookie

Some rides are just seasonal, not everything has to be year round in a well rounded park, but whatever. When it's warm, the one at SDC sees plenty of action.

5. cwgator

cwgator Rookie

There is a huge clearing up the mountain from where this is located. Rumor has it they will expand up from here and needed to clear some of the space in order to properly grade the area for ADA purposes to do so. Of course with all rumors, take with a grain of salt. You can see this clearing however from the train after it passes Thunderhead.

6. bob albert

bob albert Member

I think Dollywood is prime for huge additions in the next decade. It is becoming a real destination park.

Cheezbat likes this.
  7. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

It's a gorgeous park with unique rides and attractions...and a wonderful waterpark. Can't wait to see what's coming down the line for the park.

Mad Dog likes this.
  8. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Mark UK Trigg is visiting Dollywood & Pigeon Creek for part of his 2018 USA vacation. Any Dollywood recommendations?

9. Kraken&Manta

Kraken&Manta Member

The DreamMore is really nice and has great deals at different times of the year. I think they had something along the lines of two day passes and unlimited fast passes when I was there.
    Depending on the time of year you go, Wild Eagle may have issues with wasps surrounding the top of the lift hill.
    Get Cinnamon Bread at the Grist Mill. Honestly everything I've ever eaten at Dollywood has been great, so bring an empty stomach! :lol:
    Ride Lightning Rod many times, especially at night! My favorite coaster by far and away

Disneyhead and Mad Dog like this.
  10. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Veteran Member

Plans have been leaked for a brand new expansion of Dollywood in 2019, that would consist of 8 brand new attractions, as a nearly over a 5 acre expansion, consisting but not limited to an all new family coaster, an indoor family play area, a new restaurant, new bathrooms, and more.

ChristopherSE likes this.
  11. Donald Razorduck

Donald Razorduck Rookie

The coaster looks like a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster, it matches a model of there's to a tee. That raises some questions. HFE has almost always purchased in pairs from manufacturers. HFE went with Mack for it's new coaster at SDC. This coaster for DW is a Vekoma. Also, the new drop tower at DW is a Funtime, maker's of Star Flyers like the one at I360. Could SDC's next addition be a new area highlighted by another rather cheap Vekoma? There's a new dueling family boomerang that could address capacity concerns that Vekoma is installing for the fist time that could nicely fill the space left by SDC's old waterboggan and it's tower that still stands. Or does Dollywood get a second,larger Vekoma later own and SDC gets another Mack either a big time Hyper or a family coaster along with a bunch of smaller additions like this that would include a Star Flyer. A Star Flyer in SDC would be awesome with the views it could provide.

I new 100,00 sq ft. waterpark resort along with a manmade outdoor whitewater stream for a half a billion just got some tax break approvals in Branson. HFE is going to have to address WhiteWaters issues soon. It's no where close to the quality of DW's Waterpark for some stupid reason.

12. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

Just looked up examples of a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster. Doesn't seem like it's something the park needs at all unless it's highly themed (which it won't be). But if it's less restrictive than some of their other rides, sure.

13. bob albert

bob albert Member

I thought I read the coaster might be highly themed. Given that the expansion plans don't take up the entirety of the clearing I wouldn't doubt the park getting a Mack in 2020.

14. TheDecemberists

TheDecemberists Veteran Member

So I finally got around to riding Lightning Rod yesterday. I can’t wrap my head around Steel Vengance being a minute longer than this. I was out of breath when we hit the brakes! Most intense coaster I’ve ever been on. I loved every second of it, and hope you guys get an RMC in Florida soon. They’re lovely.

15. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

I’m one train away from my ride on LR. It’s had so many issues so far today. It’s nuts.

16. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Veteran Member

From Parkscope,

17. TheDecemberists

The same thing happened to me yesterday! Except it wasn’t a technical issue. Someone lost control of their arm on the coaster and banged it against th train and they had to clean up the blood. :jawdrop:

18. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Hilariously enough I’ve been waiting in load for 30 minutes due to a blood/maintenance issue.

19. TheDecemberists

Lmao that’s crazy. I still held my arms up through the whole thing but it takes a lot of effort.