1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Dollywood!

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Theme Parks' started by TheDecemberists, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Andy

Andy aka Hatetofly V.I.P.

Just got back from Pigeon Forge like a week and a half ago.

Anakeesta was fantastic highly recommend as was the new skybridge. Ripleys attractions are a skip unless you have little kids. Gatlins is a place often overlooked but highly recommend checking out one of their escape games and the rope course.

If you want a real thrill check out FoxFire Mountain and do their zip line tour. They offer two, the tree top and the Goliath. The Goliath is not for the faint of heart with the main line being 475 ft off the ground while hitting a top speed of 70mph.

I’ve done all the mountain coasters and my favorite is the one right across the street from Dollywood, and if you bring your Dollywood ticket you get a discount on your ride.

Finally food, if you like BBQ you have to try Bennett’s they have two locations in the area. Also the Pancake Pantry is fantastic just be advised it’s cash only there. Skip Paula Dean, Red Rooster, and Lumberjacks for breakfast.

2. erider

erider Newcomer

Went to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge about 2 weeks ago. Walked over the skybridge which was nice. Also did the Smokey Mountain Alpine Coaster which was super fun, didn't do any other mountain coasters, maybe next time. Also went to Dollywood which was fantastic, especially Lightning Rod, Mystery Mine and Firechaser Express. Was a bit disappointed with Wild Eagle which was very shaky.
    Didn't do any of the other tourist attractions in the Smokey Mountains area besides visiting The Island which was nice. Also saw some bears in the Smokey's (Cades Cove and Roaring Fork motor loops). Overall a very fun destination.

JunoSynth and Felipe like this.
  3. Felipe

Felipe Premium Member

Lots of awesome tips! Thanks! :cheers:

Did you end up doing the Goliath zipline or just did the less goliath-y one? Also what's the name of the coaster across the street from Dollywood?

4. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Rookie

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to check out that FoxFire Mountain Zip Line!

I'm thinking this one? I think this is the best one in the area.

SMOKY MOUNTAIN ALPINE COASTER - Home

Felipe likes this.
  5. Andy

Andy aka Hatetofly V.I.P.

We did the Goliath course, it had 5 zip lines over its course. It’s crazy too, the first zip line you do is like a ice breaker just to get you familiar with the concept. The very next one is GOLIATH lol. So you go from training weeeeeeeeeeee toooo Mutha noooooooooooooooooooo real quick. Then once you think you’ve made it the 3rd line is still 40 stories in the air lol. Overall though highly recommend just bring a change of underwear.

I don’t remember the name of the mountain coaster, I just know it’s the newest one in the area and it’s about 4 blocks south of the Dollywood entrance.

Felipe likes this.
  6. Felipe

Felipe Premium Member

Sounds amazing and right up my alley. Can't wait to get up there!