Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Universal Core Twitter (take this with a grain of salt obviously) has a piece of supposed leaked concept art I will link below that shows the Hollywood version of DK will have the Yoshi omnimover.

This tweet is from 2021 and doesn’t mention it being for USH?

That concept is from the USJ version, and matches what they built pretty well.

lol

Wow thats awesome if its really for the new DK land...guess they are spending the money they made off popcorn and power bands in just the first month now and i love it

Something I find kind of oddly fascinating is just how...distinctly close, it is to the main building.

Really wondering what it's going to look like come March. Really am, and I albeit wonder how they may re-route the tour for the foreseeable future, with work on both Timeline Drive and Kirk Douglas seemingly a valid and noted possibility. Cylon Drive could be sensical, but that would be a first time it's happened; right? Also wondering how ADA will be done. Especially with HHN, as the Jurassic World overflow is used for the load/unload of shuttles during then.

I know the Tram won't go away but could Universal make its footpint smaller?

Once again not saying anything will be taken away except maybe the FF ending. Just like less "dead" time and make the tour 30ish mins vs 45-50 mins

I hope if they do replace mummy It is for 2 attractions. The park needs true expansion not replacement.

I hope the rumors of a new theater show like Bourne to go with the Fast and Furious coaster are true. It would suck to lose two shows for one ride.

I think if the tour goes away universal is going wipe the whole thing for a second park. I just don't think physical sets due to tech like the volume would make universal more money than a second park would in the future.

Reactions: alias8703
I hope if they do replace mummy It is for 2 attractions. The park needs true expansion not replacement.

I hope the rumors of a new theater show like Bourne to go with the Fast and Furious coaster are true. It would suck to lose two shows for one ride.

I think if the tour goes away universal is going wipe the whole thing for a second park. I just don't think physical sets due to tech like the volume would make universal more money than a second park would in the future.
Well DK is a full land, with new games, a restaurant and E ticket coaster that will be 1000000 times more themed then any other coaster in the park....like Disney level like Big Thunder

Also with the tram moving that opens up enough land if they use falls lake for 3-4 new lands and 3-6 new attractions plus if some are Nintendo lands more games

Honestly if we are lucky and Falls lake/FF ending part of the trams land come up for grabs we are going to almost double in park size from the point of Nintendoland opening until whenever those projects are done

Currently it seems to be not for Mummy. Soundstages 7-11 seems more like.

Currently it seems to be not for Mummy. Soundstages 7-11 seems more like.
But even if Mummy has to go as long as the rumored using Falls lake....then we are in business. The Mummy is kinda like junk food, its one of my favorite rides to ride but sure DK and FF coaster will be perfect replaces ments. DK a little bit softer then mummy but still fun and FF for more extreme guests.

It also gives me hope that USH will push for the golf course the second they can, bride who ever they have to, to make that happen

I mean if universal also replaces mummy and surrounding space for other attractions.
So the Mummy....the mummy can never leave?

Its like Indy, if they want to update it then cool but its in bad shape. The TV could be just covered and projection mapping would look better. Its a fun coaster but after DK and FF we are covered on coasters

Why would they use Falls Lake for theme park expansion? It's so disconnected from the main park. Just relocate some sound stages or general buildings there and free up some more land directly next to the park. Or put a hotel there idk.
I mean either way works. Because if you take out FF ending, falls lake and the Tram area....thats a HUGE plot of land especially if you can use some of the hill going down below Simpsons land

Why would they use Falls Lake for theme park expansion? It's so disconnected from the main park. Just relocate some sound stages or general buildings there and free up some more land directly next to the park. Or put a hotel there idk.

Falls Lake, Supercharged, and Jupiter's Claim gives them almost 10 acres alone to stretch it out and carve a foothold with the park. Heck they could go even further, if it wasn't for the flat lot next to ET Parking becoming something back of house oriented. The key is to have ways and means in making USH a resort destination, and while I doubt a second gate in the Universal City area, there is space that they can expand.

I mean either way works. Because if you take out FF ending, falls lake and the Tram area....thats a HUGE plot of land especially if you can use some of the hill going down below Simpsons land
Falls Lake, Supercharged, and Jupiter's Claim gives them almost 10 acres alone to stretch it out and carve a foothold with the park. Heck they could go even further, if it wasn't for the flat lot next to ET Parking becoming something back of house oriented. The key is to have ways and means in making USH a resort destination, and while I doubt a second gate in the Universal City area, there is space that they can expand.
The only thing is, how would guests get there? By tram? That's a ton of guests using the tram, the lines to get on it would be insane. By train? Same thing but now the train could break down. It's just so far away from the main park. Just put a hotel there and call it a day.

The only thing is, how would guests get there? By tram? That's a ton of guests using the tram, the lines to get on it would be insane. By train? Same thing but now the train could break down. It's just so far away from the main park. Just put a hotel there and call it a day.
Six Flags is a giant.....giant hill people climb and Disneyland is a hugeeeeeee walk from Tomorrowland to Critter Country.

Maybe they will have a little attraction that can get you from point A to Point B after its all done but a hotel? Over making another a few lands, we can have both no need to think small.

But lets just wait, after a year of Nintendoland opening lets see what the attendance is like and profits that will push the park to its next steps after DK

That golf course has to be worth an absolutely insane amount of money.

A new hotel, and expanding the parks/studio also gains them an insane amount of money.