Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Downtown Disney

I'm pretty surprised that Build a Bear is going away. I always thought that Build a Bear would end up expanding to Disney Springs at some point (the Dinosaur thing at Trex doesn't count).

I wonder if this could be the beginning of a mini Disney Springs style revival of Downtown Disney? I know DTD probably gets a lot more traffic than WDW's did because it's LA. But, Disney Springs is killing it now and has a much better dining selection that DTD does.

Chapel Hats fairly recently moved in, no? I think it took over space at DTD there right after it got a space at Disney Springs IIRC. Surprised Ridemakerz has lasted as long as it has.

I haven't been to Downtown Disney in forever... but have they changed any of the cool LEGO displays inside & outside the Lego store?

It'd be nice if there was less generic stores in Downtown Disney and more "Disney related" shopping options/experiences. I feel the same when it comes to Universal & Citywalk (which is sort've slowly fixing this to an extant).

When it comes to future dining options... it'd be cool see more themed dining options that are Disney owned rather than something you can find elsewhere (with the exception of Rainforest & Earl's). If there is a specific dining themed concept that doesn't fit into the park somewhere, they could put it into Downtown Disney.

AMC, Rainforest Cafe, ESPN Zone, Starbucks, and Earl of Sandwich will be closing down in preparation for the recently announced four star hotel coming to Westside DTD.

The monorail station will be attached to the hotel, with a brand new design.

AMC, ESPN, Earl of Sandwich, the West Side Starbucks, and a few other places will be closing on June 30th for the new Hotel complex.

Here’s what’s closing at Downtown Disney to make way for a new hotel – Orange County Register
Gotta think we'll see Earl's pop up at another space in DTD. It's popular enough to where i'd think they'd want to stay. There's already a Starbucks on the other side of DTD so i'm not sure that they'll open another location, ESPN is definitely done and I don't think there's room enough in DTD for AMC, so perhaps this will be a win for GardenWalk on some fronts.

The Starbucks and Earls locations will live on in the new hotel. I think the area behind/between splitsville and torilla joes will be additional retail spaces where the current security trailers sit.