Dreamworks Going Back to Universal Pictures | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Dreamworks Going Back to Universal Pictures

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's the one part of this article that tells me it's not very accurate speculation. BTTF reboot isn't happening.

Robert Zemeckis Says They'll Reboot Back to the Future Over His Dead Body | Vanity Fair

“That can’t happen until both Bob and I are dead. And then I’m sure they’ll do it, unless there’s a way our estates can stop it.” - Robert Zemeckis

Spielberg has been a small % owner since the Universal Escape days, no?
Not if Comcast bought it out? He may have been given Comcast shares. But that would make is ownership non specific over the whole Comcast group

^ That would need to be a separate deal worked out directly with Spielberg. Whatever deal he had would still be in play. I am not sure if he was actually an owner, but definitely contractually linked into the parks.

^ That would need to be a separate deal worked out directly with Spielberg. Whatever deal he had would still be in play. I am not sure if he was actually an owner, but definitely contractually linked into the parks.

If you are an owner, and the company is floated, you are a shareholder the same as the others. It would be very unusual for it to any different than that.

I am not sure about what stocks he may have. But his consultation and royalties deals would still be in place. It is also possible for multiple corporations to have joint ownership, for example if his had 5% of the parks properties and Comcast had the other 95% (if the previous owner had 95% they can not sell 100%). Like I said I do not know if that were the case, was just throwing it out there.

Reactions: Jon84