DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024) | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean 2 of my 3 kids like sushi, so not all kids are like this.
Yup! Why I threw in a, “not typically known.” It’s always dependent on family culture and eating patterns. Izzy, how old are your kids?

American preschool children are not typically known for their developed palates and love for international cuisine. :lmao:

I, however, like Asian food and would have really liked to see that noodle shop design used. Granted, I’m 34 lol.
Even pre teens. Chicken nuggets, pizza, burgers, fries......and many into adulthood. That's about it. Sure, there's exceptions....but that's a real minority.

Yup! Why I threw in a, “not typically known.” It’s always dependent on family culture and eating patterns. Izzy, how old are your kids?
The two that like Sushi are 6 & 13. But both have liked it since they were two years old. The 3rd doesn't like shell fish so won't try it. She does like egg rolls though. Of course my kids also chant for Calamari, so maybe it is just me. But it is odd that Universal who lacks on kids meals in a lot of restaurants would shy away from international food in a kid area. I know lots of kids that eat Chinese/Japanese food.

My guess is they didn't want to build a restaurant in that area.

ETA: Ironically my 13 yo first tried sushi at mythos when she was 2 and loved it

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico and Wesker69
Will the other side of the troller coaster roof be visible to guests? i could get not painting if no eyes are on it

American preschool children are not typically known for their developed palates and love for international cuisine. :lmao:

I, however, like Asian food and would have really liked to see that noodle shop design used. Granted, I’m 34 lol.
Well to be fair let’s not assume all “American” pre school children come from one culture.

Reactions: melodrama
Geesh! You guys are a tough crowd. We are forgetting this isn't for us nor are they saying its the next generation of potter immersion. Throwing words like cheap is kinda insane when the target audience probably can't even spell cheap and is probably ok with playing with a cardboard box. This is a HUGE improvement over what was there and I am glad kids have a refreshed and renewed place to call their own. . . KIDS guys, kids.

I think having high standards for a world class theme park destination is a good thing, especially for the prices they charge to enter. Kids can also enjoy and appreciate nice, well themed, immersive areas; and Universal has shown they can build incredible stuff.

If anything this just solidifies for me that USF has a lot of work to do after Epic opens, to get this park up to snuff.

I love a sprucing up, and Shrek’s area looks cool, but it really feels like a mostly lateral change, and some of it feels cheap (hello flat signs?). I can only assume this is a placeholder for the next decade until they finally decide to do something decent back there.

Welcome to DreamWorks Land, it’s better than it was?

Last edited:
I think having high standards for a world class theme park destination is a good thing, especially for the prices they charge to enter. Kids can also enjoy and appreciate nice, well themed, immersive areas; and Universal has shown they can build incredible stuff.

If anything this just solidifies for me that USF has a lot of work to do after Epic opens, to get this park up to snuff.

I love a sprucing up, and Shrek’s area looks cool, but it really feels like a mostly lateral change, and some of it feels cheap (hello flat signs?). I can only assume this is a placeholder for the next decade until they finally decide to do something decent back there.

Welcome to DreamWorks Land, it’s better than it was?

I mean, it’s also not done?

If they eventually wanted to plomp one of the Kung Fu panda flat rides from beijing in the land wolof they have the space to? or even the big ride for one day? i think this retheme is awesome personally already but if they added any of those rides later i think it’d improve it even more

Okay... Finally watched Alicia's video on this new land. I've got thoughts lol

SHREKzone:
- while it is obviously a cast dressing room, Shrek's home is just a tiny bit disappointing being just an elaborate meet-n-greet facade (like Doctor Strange at DCA)
- Play area probably won't have the same affect that Fievel's slide had, but hey.. you get to get "flushed" like in MIB II :party: Outhouse FTW!
- Frog Choir: Far Far Away edition... someone better take their plush Frog Choir frog & get a photo!
- Puss in Boots ....wonder if they'll sell themed catnip to bring home to your fur baby! They should add that unhinged dog from The Last Wish as a photo-op character
- boooo no flat ride!

TROLLSzone:
- boooo no flat ride
- coaster should be fun once the giant grass & whatnot is installed. As an RCT person, I fully support fully themed coasters, even kiddie family ones lol

KUNG-FU PANDAzone:
- The transformation of Curious George is mind blowing. They did really well judging from the concept art!
- Booo no Mr Ping's!
- Booo no flat ride!

DreamWorks Theatre (the other one):
- Hopefully this venue got a great overhaul.
- Live entertainment is great, but this could've become Hollywood's DreamWorks Theatre or an indoor GMR-esque dark ride

Misc:
- Who the hell is Gabby!? I feel so old & out of touch..
- Booo no flat ride(s)!
- This land should look great at night (hopefully).
- It is definitely an improvement, but it just lacks that special touch of the Psycho 4 house up on the hill (Curious George killed it, Barney killed the Bates Motel)

Last edited:

SHREKzone:
- while it is obviously a cast dressing room, Shrek's home is just a tiny bit disappointing being just an elaborate meet-n-greet facade (like Doctor Strange at DCA)
- Play area probably won't have the same affect that Fievel's slide, but hey.. you get to get "flushed" like in MIB II :party: Outhouse FTW!
- Frog Choir: Far Far Away addition... someone better take their plush Frog Choir frog & get a photo!
- Puss in Boots ....wonder if they'll sell themed catnip to bring home to your fur baby! They should add that unhinged dog from The Last Wish as a photo-op character
- boooo no flat ride!

TROLLSzone:
- boooo no flat ride
- coaster should be fun once the giant grass & whatnot is installed. As an RCT person, I fully support fully themed coasters, even kiddie family ones lol

KUNG-FU PANDAzone:
- The transformation of Curious George is mind blowing. They did really well judging from the concept art!
- Booo no Mr Ping's!
- Booo no flat ride!

- Live entertainment is great, but this could've become Hollywood's DreamWorks Theatre or an indoor GMR-esque dark ride

Misc:
- Booo no flat ride(s)!
- It is definitely an improvement, but it just lacks that special touch of the Psycho 4 house up on the hill (Curious George killed it, Barney killed the Bates Motel)
I think you forgot to mentioned the lack of flat rides

SHREKzone:
- Play area probably won't have the same affect that Fievel's slide, but hey.. you get to get "flushed" like in MIB II :party: Outhouse FTW!
- Frog Choir: Far Far Away addition... someone better take their plush Frog Choir frog & get a photo!
- boooo no flat ride!

TROLLSzone:
- boooo no flat ride

KUNG-FU PANDAzone:
- Booo no Mr Ping's!
- Booo no flat ride!

Misc:
- Booo no flat ride(s)!
I think you forgot to mentioned the lack of flat rides
I'm holding out hope that depending on the reception of the land Universal does a phase 2 with a Shrek dark ride taking over AA (the IP deserves more than just a play area/meet n greet) or some other dark ride at the back of the land.

I am going to guess that the interior of the DreamWorks Destination was redone to a certain extent to better mask the elements from the Barney days hopefully.

I'm holding out hope that depending on the reception of the land Universal does a phase 2 with a Shrek dark ride taking over AA (the IP deserves more than just a play area/meet n greet) or some other dark ride at the back of the land.

I am going to guess that the interior of the DreamWorks Destination was redone to a certain extent to better mask the elements from the Barney days hopefully.
I really want a Shrek ride or better yet, a whole land for orlandobut I've given up hope unfortunately. If this land gets a dark ride expansion, it'll probably be for trolls or Panda (or maybe a future new Dreamworks IP that takes off )