DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024) | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking at it again, it's the completely unnecessary white/blank space outlining or between some (but not all) of the characters. If they cut the twee signs and eliminated this white space, I think it'd look a lot better. Right now, it looks like an unfinished art file that didn't get exported correctly.

I think if they redid the back part to ditch the signs and made the DreamWorks moon/silhouette a little thicker and layered (allowing a nice glow effect at night), it would probably be received a lot better.

The DW sign is a big lol when compared to the Minion Land sculpture but then again it’s not smack dab at the park entrance, so I don’t really mind it’s modest and low budget design. We all know Shrek’s house will be the true wienie for the land.

I may have missed it, but I assume the ET entrance is staying put, right? We'll just have to do a mini corridor walk to get to it?

I may have missed it, but I assume the ET entrance is staying put, right? We'll just have to do a mini corridor walk to get to it?

The position of the DreamWorks sign they put up yesterday leads me to believe they'll be another planter with an E.T. sign across from it closer to Spongebob so people know there's a ride back there. But it does look like the entrance/split for express/standby will remain where it is.

I didn't expect a portal to the entrance of DreamWorks land in their flagship resort, but more than a 5 year old doing some bit with photoshop and have a 3 layer cutout. Maybe looking at previous attempts they could attemp something more respectful to the brand like they did here Malaysia
DreamPlay%2520by%2520DreamWorks%2520Tickets-223ed935-e2fd-4fde-a0d8-cebc8e5afcb7.jpeg

Or this funny fountain in Dubai.
Motiongate%2BDubai%2BFountain%2Bof%2BDreams.JPG

Lets hope the land will "value" kids more than the current sign.

With the exception of Universal Singapore's Far Far Away and maybe Beijing's Kung-Fu Panda stuff, DreamWorks has always felt like a lazy and cheap theme park addition and this sign is not doing the brand and idea any favors. Hope to be impressed by the actual land.

Not yet confirmed...or maybe it completely slipped my mind :lmao:! Yes, that's going to be amazing. I feel HTTYD transcended the Dreamworks association as those movies were very, very, good and fully deserve their own land.
But it does prove that DreamWorks can be done up right.

Like Pixar at Disney Parks, it’s also easy for lightly themed or rethemed areas, but you can also zero in on a single property and do it up right too.

With the exception of Universal Singapore's Far Far Away and maybe Beijing's Kung-Fu Panda stuff, DreamWorks has always felt like a lazy and cheap theme park addition and this sign is not doing the brand and idea any favors. Hope to be impressed by the actual land.
Hold up. Apart from the two lands you mentioned, plus Dragons upcoming, the only Dreamworks additions were one-off attractions: Shrek 4D; Madagascar Crate Escape; Dreamworks Theater; and Destination Dreamworks.

Shrek 4D: An incredibly popular attraction that was cloned to all the parks that was replaced after the ride system grew too long in the tooth.

Madagascar Crate Escape: a serviceable (but by no means great) attraction that was isolated to the lowest attended park.

Dreamworks Theater: A spiritual upgrade to Shrek 4D that hits a lot of the same beats with a more frantic vibe.

Destination Dreamworks: A thrown-together kids show that replaced Barney.

Universal hasn’t actually done a lot of Dreamworks, and most of the Dreamworks it has done was received well enough for what they were: D-tickets.

Hold up. Apart from the two lands you mentioned, plus Dragons upcoming, the only Dreamworks additions were one-off attractions: Shrek 4D; Madagascar Crate Escape; Dreamworks Theater; and Destination Dreamworks.

Shrek 4D: An incredibly popular attraction that was cloned to all the parks that was replaced after the ride system grew too long in the tooth.

Madagascar Crate Escape: a serviceable (but by no means great) attraction that was isolated to the lowest attended park.

Dreamworks Theater: A spiritual upgrade to Shrek 4D that hits a lot of the same beats with a more frantic vibe.

Destination Dreamworks: A thrown-together kids show that replaced Barney.

Universal hasn’t actually done a lot of Dreamworks, and most of the Dreamworks it has done was received well enough for what they were: D-tickets.
Kung Fu Panda in Beijing is a full land.

Reactions: Ahmanet