DreamWorks Land (General Discussion) - Opening June 14, 2024 | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (General Discussion) - Opening June 14, 2024

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The sign looks way better at night tbh

"It looks better in the dark" isn't a good reaction either haha The lighting isn't helping much.

The white outer bevel around the characters is undoubtedly the least effective part.
It's not even even all around.

img142.png

I know we can get nitpicky about random things but is that too much to ask? I don't think it's intentional but the design feels temporary and rushed to serve as announcement signage rather than be something permanent.

entrycompare.jpg

After seeing the Minion Land signage the DreamWorks one can't compare. They're putting a ton of effort into this area (ET included!) so keeping this would be bizarre to see at opening. If it does stay, yeesh!

The sign looks way better at night tbh

Sure, it'll look great the 2-3 nights Uni keeps the park open past sunset lol

I think the sign looks fine with bright colors in front once they're closer to the land. They have a few poinsettias they're right now and it improves the in-person appearance of it. The vast concrete space at the moment doesn't help it much now.

• Haha
Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mad Dog
I'm guessing the Shrek/Donkey Meet and Greet is going to be a massive hit along the lines of the Raptor M&G in Jurassic Park. The former Shrek/Donkey M&G was excellent and successful. This has multiple times potential with the stunning Shrek abode and swamp setting/background. Also, there's possibility that swamp storybook characters might show up. The popularity of this will surprise people.

The ET entrance is definitely getting moved, right?

Snaking along the side of Shrek’s house to get to the only major ride in the area doesn’t make any sense to me.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
The ET entrance is definitely getting moved, right?

Snaking along the side of Shrek’s house to get to the only major ride in the area doesn’t make any sense to me.
A new arch on right of DreamWorks entrance is expected to be installed leading to ET ride/shop/restrooms.

EDIT: And there were plans to reroute ET's entrance through Central Park area, just to left of La Bamba before NBC Media Center... where that fountain and seating area is, but it would pass backstage and disrupt back of house for the dining and retail locations so I am pretty sure it was canceled.

EDIT: And there were plans to reroute ET's entrance through Central Park area, just to left of La Bamba before NBC Media Center... where that fountain and seating area is, but it would pass backstage and disrupt back of house for the dining and retail locations so I am pretty sure it was canceled.
What a shame cause that area would have made it more visible and Pizza Company is rarely ever open outside for HHN use.