DreamWorks Land (Photos & Reviews) | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (Photos & Reviews)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
This thread contains spoilers.

Post all reviews, photos, and videos here. The main thread is now for general discussion, so please keep all general discussions over there.

Reactions: Nico
Went yesterday for about two hours. Had a lot of fun exploring all of the new stuff. Was lucky enough to catch Donkey's last set, who looks absolutely amazing now. That old puppet always looked like a crackhead, but I had a lot of love for him. Happy to see him back and with a really great backdrop.

We thought the show was fantastic. The puppets are a really great touch. The finale was a good way to bring everything together too.

Po Live had concluded for the day once we got back there. Without that, the area is kind of... nothing? There were water sprayers that shot up and made me think you could go to a second level, but that's not the case. You're just suppose to be washing clothes? I'm sure the interactive Po element is great, but we all feel like it was a downgrade from the ball shooters.

Tried all of the Shrek food. Would have gotten some of the Trolls stuff, but apparently they were having issues and closed most of the day. The pretzel is exactly what everyone expects. Really loved the waffles. My girlfriend thought the hot dog was fantastic. The ice pops were tasty, but nothing special.

Overall the park really needed this and I think a lot of families will be happy.

Positives: I like the new land. Nice interactive experiences, good water and dry play areas and some nice landscaping upgrades. The show is also a big step up from Barney.

Negatives: Some areas look well done others feel cheaply put together. Trollercoaster signage and the Gabby meet n greet are just cheap looking.

Budget restraints or not they really needed to add something like a Dreamworks Carousel and/or spinner ride. It would have made the land feel more complete and a bigger draw for families with kids. This was a real missed opportunity for not much more money.

We were kindly invited by Universal Orlando for a first look "sneak peek" at the new DreamWorks Land before it opens to the public on June 14, 2024.

The new area will allow guests to enter "the vivid world and imagination of DreamWorks Animation" - with multiple interactive play areas, live entertainment, character meet and greets, and more.

Positives: I like the new land. Nice interactive experiences, good water and dry play areas and some nice landscaping upgrades. The show is also a big step up from Barney.

Negatives: Some areas look well done others feel cheaply put together. Trollercoaster signage and the Gabby meet n greet are just cheap looking.

Budget restraints or not they really needed to add something like a Dreamworks Carousel and/or spinner ride. It would have made the land feel more complete and a bigger draw for families with kids. This was a real missed opportunity for not much more money.
I'm expecting Kang and Kudos to be moved here whenever Simpsons closes down. Rumor has it that Springfield is closing in 2026, so they could move the flat ride here in the meantime.

Last edited:
Shrek
  • Very nice but small area, the Puss in Boats game is very confusing to understand lol
  • Shrekzel is just a regular pretzel, but good
  • Shrek Pizza Waffle is bad with how dry it is, avoid. Waffles & Pizza do not mix lol
  • Swamp Play Area - the "foundation" of the play area is great, but could have used more theming/rockwork to make it look more like a Swamp

Trolls
  • Just ok

Kung Fu Panda
  • Well-themed, but not much out there.
  • Po Live is great, but not a fan of (at least during previews) no posted showtimes.

Imagination Celebration
  • Great show for kids, especially in the summer.

This sounds like a local place near me that does stuffed waffle pockets.

They stuff them with savory filling, which could work with a normal waffle, but they use a sweet cinnamon waffle.

It's gross lol

But I'll probably still try the Donkey Waffle :lmao:

Reactions: Suchomimus
I went last Friday and honestly I think this land is really cute! My favorite addition is the new show Imagination Celebration. I was surprised how much I liked it, it's just so charming and fun. The cool AC also helped lol. Honestly there isn't much I can say besides what I've already said, but I appreciate the effort that Universal put into a simple re-theme like this. Definitely a win for the park imo