Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018 | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if the new building going up will have a replaceable facade with every new film that'll go in the theater.

I wonder if the new building going up will have a replaceable facade with every new film that'll go in the theater.

That's probably the purpose of the black lettering in front of the DreamWorks Theater. It works with the theme and design of the theater and is easily removable to accommodate future changes.

Also, if you haven't notice, I'm new here. Hi everyone!

Reactions: chris.g
Does anyone know if this attraction will involve 3d glasses? I have not seen any mention of 3d in the press releases.

That's probably the purpose of the black lettering in front of the DreamWorks Theater. It works with the theme and design of the theater and is easily removable to accommodate future changes.

Also, if you haven't notice, I'm new here. Hi everyone!

I meant where Mr. Ping's meet and greet is going. Also welcome!

It's probably more of the interpolated, super high fps thing they did for Forbidden Journey and Orlando's Fast & Furious. Personally, I love it. I hate having to wear 3D glasses over my regular glasses, so hearing that I won't need them for DWT makes me pretty happy. Plus, it'll cut down on the hokey "Oooh, it's coming right out of the screen" stuff 3D films tend to do.

My friend will be there wednesday for the media preview, but I have to work. They're not exactly a "fan" of Universal, so it shall be interesting to see what they say about the new attraction. Especially if it does not require 3D glasses like Shrek 4D did. Can it be June 3rd already? I want to check out this attraction already lol

Oh and the other thing I had slightly confirmed for the future, yes it is possible for those halloween/holiday short films to be used during their respective seasons. Even if they wait until next year to try it. Hopefully that ends up happening and they don't drop the ball with that.

I personally wouldn't want the photo-op to be "changed out". Donkey didn't when Shrek closed. There is no reason Mr Ping should have to vacate when KFP is bumped out with a different DreamWorks attraction film. Thankfully, most of the other Dreamworks IPs are costume character oriented & already exist.

Also helps that the film is more akin to a motion simulator ridefilm... yes it's that same one from Motiongate.

tumblr_oohdbbK09x1qhrm3lo1_500.gif

Universal downgrading an attraction again so it doesn't look like "another 3d thing"

To say this, I would not be shocked if the KFP film is a placeholder for something to diverge Jurassic next year. And why they wouldn't announce the proper film now, is that you shouldn't deface your new baby right off from the get-go.

Happy is not the word I'd choose.

What Ryan seems to be implying, is that it's not using an original film at all, but reusing asset's from a previous production that DreamWorks did. And honestly, that's a bombshell that I'm not entirely happy with.

Ooohhh.... I must have interpreted it the wrong way. For some reason i interpreted it as if you were "exploding with joy" or something.

Sorry! Mistakes were made. :thud: