Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018 | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As some of my close friends have said, "...sometime you are spot on...as if you were inside the management meetings! Other times you are way off!"

I like to take the logical approach to everything: Consider the challenges and the limitations of a property which wants to be relevant, yet profitable.

WWoHP was a game changer in the industry...and now we can see what it has created...spoiled theme park guests expecting something new every year!

(in an old person voice). Back in my day we had to wait for a new ride every 3 years!
In the defense of people expecting a new ride every year... Comcast literally said there would be new additions to the parks every year or something like that until at least 2020.

At the same time, patience is key.

WWoHP was a game changer in the industry...and now we can see what it has created...spoiled theme park guests expecting something new every year!

(in an old person voice). Back in my day we had to wait for a new ride every 3 years!

I know I'm off topic here but...while I totally agree with your point, I think it's Comcast that have created that expectation, both with the 5 year transformation plans and with that comment about the amount they were planning to invest in each US park per year.

Hollywood has been transformed - but we are surely only halfway as the lower lot still has a lot to be done? I'd love it if they shared their plans like back in 2014, but they seem intent on keeping things more secret this time around. I guess there must be a good reason for that.

I'm just happy there is something new each year - even if it's just developments like the animation store - anything that shows the parks are being cared for and improving each visit.

Reactions: Jonathan
... as the lower lot still has a lot to be done...

I'm just happy there is something new each year - even if it's just developments like the animation store - anything that shows the parks are being cared for and improving each visit.

Wasn't the Lower Lot just redone in 2012 for Transformers??? Anyway, I understand what you are saying.

Times have changed, and I like the new look of the park. It did solve a few problems with the old park, and raised new problems as well. I enjoy seeing time and money spent to make Universal Studios Hollywood a viable theme park.

Reactions: Jamesh22
With the entire lower lot supposedly going under the knife. I had kind of hoped they would have incorporated a parade route into the new layout. That's a void that desperately needs to be filled and they already have a solid foundation to work with.

That would have to be saved for a 2nd gate to make a parade route viable. These two lots that we have are far too much of a tossed salad of growth. There is now way to get cohesion unless its built from scratch.

Back to DWT, any update on when Softs may begin? Somewhat curious to see what the end result brings..

The date has the number "6" in it...

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
USH just announced June 15 as opening date for the DreamWorks Theater featuring Kung Fu Panda: The Emperor's Quest.

Expect soft opening AFTER Memorial Day weekend.

This was the change I was alluding to. Soft openings will most likely occur the first week of June.

Reactions: Chris