Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

I would be very surprised if this venue ever becomes a flex venue. Something else will come along and they will forget about KFP just like Shrek...
Dragons 3 is still on the way... and i believe so is Trolls 2.... two current IPs with a netflix tv series. I'd say it'd be one of those two. Unless they go the not-so-current Panda route & throw in Madagascar (although that also has a netflix series)

I would be very surprised if this venue ever becomes a flex venue. Something else will come along and they will forget about KFP just like Shrek...

With the advent of Hidden World (Dragon's 3) coming out next year, Troll's and Crood's coming in 2020, and the Netflix projects, I would assume it'd make sense if they'd bring DreamWorks venue as a Flex-Venue, especially if a certain thing I have heard about the venue is true, it'd be easy.

It will most certainly be a flex venue. Shrek was designed to be Shrek. This was designed to be a technological showcase for DreamWorks projects. It's basically a more established preview center like Disney does with One Man's Dream.

Last edited:
It will most certainly be a flex venue. Shrek was designed to be Shrek. This was designed to be a tehcnoglical showcase for DreamWorks projects. It's basically a more established preview center like Disney does with One Man's Dream.

Yup, but however unlike OMD, this will also be the first time in my knowledge for a theme park setting, that they will be using full on projection mapping in a 180* environment, to further immerse guests into what was animated.

If Emperor's Quest isn't the Motiongate film, and uses a original film made to fit, then that'd be possibly using the theater to it's core strength on the get-go.

So I'm at the park right now. It hasn't soft opened yet, but the staff are hard at work cleaning & pressure washing the queue area. Pinocchio is rambling on in his sleep from the ticket booth

The only walls left are around Mr Ping's photo-op..

636627719545581376-DSC-8517.JPG

:freak:

Doing the math and we assume the ridefilm length is 5 min plus 2 min for load/unload, that gives a rough capacity of slightly above 2000 per hour. Not too shabby at all.

Sounds like there’s a cute addition to the preshow and few minor changes to the film. But for the most part this is yet another simulator attraction that would be close to draining guests if it weren’t for its unique and self-admitted presentation.

Pass Member Video Series - Behind the Scenes of the Dreamworks Theatre featuring Kung Fu Panda - YouTube

Doing the math and we assume the ridefilm length is 5 min plus 2 min for load/unload, that gives a rough capacity of slightly above 2000 per hour. Not too shabby at all.

Sounds like there’s a cute addition to the preshow and few minor changes to the film. But for the most part this is yet another simulator attraction that would be close to draining guests if it weren’t for its unique and self-admitted presentation.

Pass Member Video Series - Behind the Scenes of the Dreamworks Theatre featuring Kung Fu Panda - YouTube

RG0BS1U.gif

241 seats!!! Why??? I was hoping for 2 theaters to allow for more capacity like Despicable Me. Oh well. A 5 minute show compared to Shrek's 15... hmm. I'm not against this attraction, I only wish there weren't so many 5 minute attractions in the park.

If you think this is a flex venue, how many years do you think KFP will last before it gets changed out? How many years makes it a flex venue?

I would think Osaka's 4D theater should be looked, as they have multiple Film's playing in that theater daily, and that's not even counting during special events like Universal Cool, Shonen Jump, or the Halloween events.

241 seats!!! Why??? I was hoping for 2 theaters to allow for more capacity like Despicable Me. Oh well. A 5 minute show compared to Shrek's 15... hmm. I'm not against this attraction, I only wish there weren't so many 5 minute attractions in the park.

The capacity numbers suggest that as long as the theater sticks with relatively short films, it should be fine.