Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018 | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
636627719545581376-DSC-8517.JPG

:freak:
I wanna watch Infinity War in here. :lol:

The attraction isn't even open, and people are already complaining the puppet doesn't move. Now, if the attraction does fully open, and that puppet still doesn't move but has sound, then yes, add me to the complaints. Until then, let's not sound like #distwitter. Our community can be so much better than that.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
On a side note, I'm thrilled to hear it's not going to be 3D, and I don't mind a shorter running time. As far as I'm concerned, this attraction is meant to be a very nice, but ultimately quick filler ride/show/movie. I'm fine with that. Chances are, I'll visit more than I ever visited Shrek.

Of course, the $64,000 question is, will there be water effects? Obviously hoping for no, and I've intentionally not yet read any details about it to be as surprised as possible--but that's one spoiler that can be revealed, so I can be braced for it if need be.

On a side note, I'm thrilled to hear it's not going to be 3D, and I don't mind a shorter running time. As far as I'm concerned, this attraction is meant to be a very nice, but ultimately quick filler ride/show/movie. I'm fine with that. Chances are, I'll visit more than I ever visited Shrek.

Of course, the $64,000 question is, will there be water effects? Obviously hoping for no, and I've intentionally not yet read any details about it to be as surprised as possible--but that's one spoiler that can be revealed, so I can be braced for it if need be.

Even without talking spoilers, when has a Universal attraction not have water effects? I'm listening, c'mon.

Reactions: jtsalien
Well since that article is out... i'll throw out a few details...

water effects, multi-directional hurricane effect, blowing up the entire theatre (hence "sit in the back"), gingerbread man & Madagascar penguin pre-show cameo, tinkerbell in the wall effect is back but with the hammer... all of the scenic details of the preshow room & theatre are multi-projector projection mapping (if the projectors were off, all you'd see are flat walls)

Hopefully the attraction has soft open today. I'm going to stop by before work to check. If its not, next sunday starts previews!

It's going on 1pm... no sign of soft opening anytime soon today. No TMs lurking around outside either yet.

They're probably still having technical issues (which is why during Wednesday's media preview, they did NOT get to experience the new attraction).

I'll be around until 2pm..

Last edited by a moderator:
Word is that softs will not occur until after the weekend is over at the moment. I've heard next week.

Also @Wesker69 please do not double post, simply edit your post after the fact. Thank you.

Word is that softs will not occur until after the weekend is over at the moment. I've heard next week.

Also @Wesker69 please do not double post, simply edit your post after the fact. Thank you.
^My bad.. was at the park. So was lucky enough to even post the update.

Softs were supposed to happen this weekend, but they're having technical issues still. Everything else is ready to go. From what I've heard about the attraction itself, while it will be "fun"... I see A LOT of downtime due to technical stuffs. TM preview is supposed to be next week, followed by our passholder preview starting sunday..