1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

Discussion in 'Upper Lot/Entertainment Center' started by Ryan, Jun 5, 2017.

1. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

As a fun little anecedote, via by Mouseinfo, we now can see in the lobby a series of posters for "How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.

[​IMG]

Included in the batch, is the North American poster, the French poster, the black logo poster, and a character poster of what seems to be of Hiccup (and I think even Astrid, but it's a bit hard to tell with the way the shot is angled)..

Armadillo4, Sydney and Mad Dog like this.
  2. Armadillo4

Armadillo4 Newcomer

I made it to the park yesterday and saw Kung Fu Panda for the first time since technical rehearsals. The actual wait was only 15 minutes at 7:30pm--although the posted sign said 25 min. One observation that the above pictures reminded me of: in the pre-show, about 1/4th of the room has terrible sightlines to the props in the display cases. So when those items are referenced in the pre-show, one section of the room won't be able to see what's being referred to. Based on the photo above, I think the display case would be more visible to the entire room where the How to Train Your Dragon posters are. However, the downside is that would require the guests to pivot their heads back-and-forth a lot. Anyway, it's a minor quibble, but a shortcoming nonetheless.

3. AlexanderMBush

4. ush.hacker

ush.hacker Veteran Member

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 1.59.49 PM.png Look who it is!

Photo NOT mine.

Nland316 likes this.
  5. AlexanderMBush

Funny enough, I was just about to post this one too.

Really glad they decided to finally get around to this, previously talked about point.

Sideshow Bob likes this.
  6. marip123

marip123 Newcomer

6:39 shows the new donkey, but im curious if they might consider moving Mr. Ping into donkeys old spot and making him into a year round character?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Sideshow Bob likes this.
  7. Rideguy70

Rideguy70 Member

It's crazy how that was built out almost literally overnight.

8. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

So much love and care into the daytime character program at USH. Really impressed.

Mad Dog likes this.
  9. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Was probably a pretty easy install actually. A bunch of Pre-fab pieces and then Donkey. I’m sure they had a plan of attacking and it probably only took them a few hours. Good preparation allows things like this to happen.

Fallow likes this.
  10. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Newcomer

Wow this looks great! The should definitely turn the area into a dreamworks land! Complete with a trolls show, Madagascar boat ride, and how to train your dragon coaster.

UNIrd likes this.
  11. Stryker

Stryker Rookie

We're coming up on the first anniversary of DreamWorks Theatre's opening. Technical rehearsals occurred Memorial Day weekend last year. Any rumors/thoughts on if they're gonna change out or rotate Kung Fu Panda with another show from a different DreamWorks IP such as How to Train Your Dragon?

marip123 likes this.
  12. Ron101

Ron101 Rookie

It’s definitely time for a new and better video.

marip123 likes this.
  13. Jamesh22

Jamesh22 Premium Member

I don't believe we will see changes yearly but every 2 or 3 years could be likely which would mean a new film in 2020 or 2021.

The question is... what will it be?
    Taking a look at their upcoming slate we could potentially see a film for Abominable or the Croods 2. I'd prefer Dragons (and the merch sales opps are higher)

14. Rideguy70

Rideguy70 Member

New, possibly... but I agree with above, I think it could be every 2-3 years. Not everyone visits USH in a year, and a lot of people probably still haven't seen it.

But a better video? In terms of plot, maybe. The storylines of these sorts of attractions are typically pretty thin. But visually--which, face it, is the main draw--I don't think it really needs to be "better".

Fallow, Freak and AlexanderMBush like this.
  15. Chris

Chris Veteran Member

With SLoP and SNW filling the need for the next 2 years, it won't change until 2022 at the earliest. Sorry guys, you cannot replace attraction videos every year.

16. TheGentTrent

TheGentTrent Member

Incidentally, Dreamworks does have another possible ride film ready. Or at least they were working on one.

Chris likes this.
  17. Jamesh22

Jamesh22 Premium Member

A change any sooner is unlikely, but If guest satisfaction was to drop or Panda was failing to draw in sufficient numbers then I could see something happening.

Probably more a case of this becoming a multi film venue like the 3D theatre in Japan. Would be reasonably easy to add Shrek or similar into the rotation.

18. SnideRemarksDept

SnideRemarksDept Rookie

I don't really see them doing this. The preshow video relies too heavily on the props and scenery in the preshow room. It would have to be totally remodeled in order to bring in a new show.

19. Uni-Fan

Uni-Fan Newcomer

There’s only 3 props in the glass casing, it wouldn’t be difficult to change it out at all. Everything else is just a screen.

Rideguy70 likes this.