Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

Coming to this thread; I loved this experience when I was in Universal last week.

It felt like what would happen if they did Simpsons in a full 180' degree setting, and it was beautiful. I loved the set dressing, as the new aesthetic changes to blend it with Universal Plaza is nothing short of amazing. And the Preshow's pretty fun and cool to look at; but my props for that go to the sound department on how they handled where you hear certain characters (Shrek, Donkey, and Marty sounded muffled where I was, more-so due to how I was closer to the practical elements).

And as far as the in-theater experience goes, it feels incredibly smooth, as the projectors handle the quality of the animation really nicely. Happy I got to experience it finally, as it was definitely a highlight of the trip.
Seems most everyone that sees it likes it. How's the attendance been for it?

In 15-20 visits to the park over the last year I have been to this attraction twice. It's cute and well done, but ultimately tries too hard to be a ride. Wish they just focused on making an interesting short experience, not a simpsons clone without the moving car.

I really hope this comes in and replaces Shrek in USF before Epic Universe opens. I can't imagine it'd be too much to transfer over but who knows. Really want to see this!

Seems most everyone that sees it likes it. How's the attendance been for it?

When I was there with a friend of mine, it was about half full. They could've pulled in more honestly, but it seemed like they were pulsing purposefully.

Either way, we sat in the back, and had the row all to ourselves without any of the TM's asking us to go more up-front.

Went on this attraction again last week and noticed the seat movements were significantly reduced. Especially the part where you're on the wooden bridges at the beginning. Has anyone else noticed this?

Went on this attraction again last week and noticed the seat movements were significantly reduced. Especially the part where you're on the wooden bridges at the beginning. Has anyone else noticed this?

I thought maybe I'd gotten a bum seat when I rode in December, but yeah, there was hardly any motion. Anyone have any intel?

I went on it maybe 2-3 weeks ago...? And I didn't really notice anything different at the time.

Part of me wants to say the bridge part has been tamed a bit, but I honestly think it's more of "I'm just used to it" than any real change.

I went on it today and noticed that the seats don't sway around as much as before also. There was one point where the boat was still going along in the water and the chair was completely still for a little while.

Question, forgot who but someone online mentioned uni hollywood this year or next adding a new dreamworks theater show (possibly trolls or httyd). Was it rumor or speculation? Anyone else heard of this?

Question, forgot who but someone online mentioned uni hollywood this year or next adding a new dreamworks theater show (possibly trolls or httyd). Was it rumor or speculation? Anyone else heard of this?
I highly doubt this show will get replaced unless there is an "off year" for a new attraction. Much like how The Walking Dead had no changes, this won't get touched.

They should’ve put an actual ride here instead when they closed shrek down. This park really needs a point and shoot type ride like Midway Mania and Astro Blasters.

I highly doubt this show will get replaced unless there is an "off year" for a new attraction. Much like how The Walking Dead had no changes, this won't get touched.

Agreed. Although I could see them putting a new film in if something different goes into Beijing next year. I doubt a theatre show would have an exclusivity contract on it.

They should’ve put an actual ride here instead when they closed shrek down. This park really needs a point and shoot type ride like Midway Mania and Astro Blasters.

They could do with some kind of shoot/interactive type ride for variety, but not necessarily there. I just can't see anything like that coming at the moment, unless it's part of a 2nd park.

I'm still holding out hope for a Ghostbusters shooter - maybe if the next movie is good.