Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thank you scott =)

YES !! Found it !
Take a look at this concept art !
Universal already have the idea back in the 90's, i could easily imagine this on the lake !View attachment 4251

While I don't think the WNW plot is the place for this, but I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen something like this for high end rooms at one of the proposed resort ideas. Maybe it would be more of a DVC idea?

BOBSRR_Overwater_Villas2_1000x600_29866.jpg

I'm not sure I could see a situation where Universal has high-end rooms at the current resort or the WNW plot. What I do see happening is a few higher end, tall, sprawling resorts coming to the future expansion near the convention center.

While I don't think the WNW plot is the place for this, but I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen something like this for high end rooms at one of the proposed resort ideas. Maybe it would be more of a DVC idea?

BOBSRR_Overwater_Villas2_1000x600_29866.jpg
Except for those pesky brain eating amoeba and the alligators it is a great idea. DIS has no problem filling the bungalows at the Poly so maybe people don't care but I would have to have a better view than green water and I Drive/Universal Drive to pay for those.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
Not a great location for high end rooms like that. Location, location, location....Too far from the present parks & the future park....But, as you say, maybe the new park.

I think with FL and wetlands, you have to replace what you take, but it does not have to be on the same property.

I know I have seen stories where WDW has purchased land in FL outside of their resort and then they offer to sort of trade as a way to reclassify some of the 'wetland' areas in the resort area.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I think with FL and wetlands, you have to replace what you take, but it does not have to be on the same property.

I know I have seen stories where WDW has purchased land in FL outside of their resort and then they offer to sort of trade as a way to reclassify some of the 'wetland' areas in the resort area.
This is true.

And Disney bought 3,000 acres back in late 2014 to do this as you say called Mira Lago (not to be confused with the "Winter White House") in Osceola/Polk counties.

Disney's Mira Lago purchase may pave way to develop other wetlands - Orlando Sentinel

Except for those pesky brain eating amoeba and the alligators it is a great idea. DIS has no problem filling the bungalows at the Poly so maybe people don't care but I would have to have a better view than green water and I Drive/Universal Drive to pay for those.

Well, the overwater bungalow idea would have to happen at Disney or at the south property. The water would have to be a protected area. Probably kept to swimming pool standards. Surrounded by heavy trees or hotel to create a bubble.

I didn't realize that Disney had touched on the overwater deal. It's not quite how I'd have done it, but I guess it's a proof of concept.

Reactions: JoeCamel
However, advertisements for the Rosen Inn still reference shuttle service to Wet 'N Wild

Attachments

• IMG_3374.PNG
    IMG_3374.PNG
    564 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Joel
S0 much for keeping Mach 5 and Blastaway Beach for the new hotel, right @Joe? ;)

I am interested to see the scope of the hotel, especially if it's one full hotel and that I am curious to see how it's presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.