Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Wet 'N Wild Emerald Pointe will take anything. The International locations use a lot of the same ride names that Orlando used, plus the cost of transporting the ride to South America is also prohibitive.

I want universals hotels to be well known and top notch. I'm not saying all of them have to be spectacular, but someone shouldn't go in and have a mediocre expirience. Disney's hotels are known for being a,along and I would like universal to immitate that. A different and pleasant experience at each universa
resort hotel. IMO universal is building hotels like souvenir gifts. A lot of hotels are being built rapidly and although each one has a unique expirience, detail and amazing ideas should be what each hotel has. A lot of thought should be put in to every hotel similar to disneys resorts. Disney does have a lot of hotels but I feel like they were built overtime and with a lot of thought into them. I don't see universal taking time in creating a resort. Universals hotels are nice but I want a grandfloridian for universal. A hotel that is known and embedded in universals history for being the greatest.

I want universals hotels to be well known and top notch. I'm not saying all of them have to be spectacular, but someone shouldn't go in and have a mediocre expirience. Disney's hotels are known for being a,along and I would like universal to immitate that. A different and pleasant experience at each universa
resort hotel. IMO universal is building hotels like souvenir gifts. A lot of hotels are being built rapidly and although each one has a unique expirience, detail and amazing ideas should be what each hotel has. A lot of thought should be put in to every hotel similar to disneys resorts. Disney does have a lot of hotels but I feel like they were built overtime and with a lot of thought into them. I don't see universal taking time in creating a resort. Universals hotels are nice but I want a grandfloridian for universal. A hotel that is known and embedded in universals history for being the greatest.

Have you ever heard of Portofino?

Universal's building so many new hotels that the original 3 get overshadowed. I can't remember the last time somebody talked about Portofino or Hard Rock on the forums.

But, Portofino looks beautiful from the pictures and is definitely the flagship hotel of the resort.

Universal's building so many new hotels that the original 3 get overshadowed. I can't remember the last time somebody talked about Portofino or Hard Rock on the forums.

But, Portofino looks beautiful from the pictures and is definitely the flagship hotel of the resort.

I'd argue the case that while Portofino may be the more "premium" of the 2, Hard Rock Hotel is the flagship.

But that's besides the point.

I'd argue the case that while Portofino may be the more "premium" of the 2, Hard Rock Hotel is the flagship.

But that's besides the point.
Really? I always took Hard Rock as the forgotten middle child. It didn't have as strong of a reason to exist as all of the other hotels.

I've always thought of RPR as being the forgotten one. Hard Rock being the trendy and modern hotel and Portofino being the luxury.
That's a good point. I've always thought of Portofino as luxury and RPR as the "I want Express for cheap, so it ends up being the most practical and suggested" hotel. Hard Rock then has this weird middle ground where it's sort of expensive, but not with a "theme park hotel" theme. It's just a trendy, modern hotel.

It's not as nice as the grand Floridian and as well known. The portofino is nice but not the extent of calling it the grandfloridian of universal.

I disagree in that it is just as nice as the GF, but agree it's not as well known. But it's not as well known not because of the hotels itself, but the park(s) they're associated with.

Which brings me to my next point in that GF has it's image because its the closest hotel to MK; without MK, GF would be just like any other Disney luxury hotel.

I've always thought of RPR as being the forgotten one. Hard Rock being the trendy and modern hotel and Portofino being the luxury.

My views exactly until the RPR room refresh, now its higher up in my mind than Hard Rock.

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
I disagree in that it is just as nice as the GF, but agree it's not as well known. But it's not as well known not because of the hotels itself, but the park(s) they're associated with.

Which brings me to my next point in that GF has it's image because its the closest hotel to MK; without MK, GF would be just like any other Disney luxury hotel.

My views exactly until the RPR room refresh, now its higher up in my mind than Hard Rock.
Yes, I'd like to try RPR with the new rooms. The previous rooms' decor were OK, but getting a little shabby......I think a lot of the perception between Hard Rock & Portofino is more along the lines of personal taste. If you're really into the rock music scene, and a faster pace, Hard Rock is like Mecca. Plus, it has by far the most eye candy with hordes of beautiful girls. Portofino, as others have said, is more like old country luxury. It's relatively quiet, laid back, genteel, with a clientele older than RPR or HR, and generally very few children. Portofino is probably more attuned to the over 35 guest.

Reactions: Joel and GadgetGuru
Status
Not open for further replies.