E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's been the ride for 20 years now. You either gotta love it or leave it alone.

I love the idea of going to the Green Planet, but it was executed terribly. And the effects don't help at all.

Am I missing something? I think the Green Planet is a ridiculously funny part of the ride. And the effects aren't bad at all in that part. The effects in the first half are the problems.

Am I missing something? I think the Green Planet is a ridiculously funny part of the ride. And the effects aren't bad at all in that part. The effects in the first half are the problems.
I know this may spark some debate or even some wars...but...If the ride's main goal is to immerse the rider into the movie, I don't remember seeing ET's home ever in the movie...I would say extend the foresty scenes to include ET's home world and at the end re-create the epic ending scene where ET boards the ship and takes off into the night sky...imagine how tear jerking..besides the name thing is more of a joke nowadays. I think the ride could be greatly enhanced with today's technology..plus the marketing campaign of ET re-imagined would once again draw attention to the ride (at least in my world). I just imagine parents saying remember when we rode that when it first opened honey? We should take our kids to go see it as it has gotten a face lift...plus we can see Bikini Bottom and Madagascar...Plus The Harry Potter Roller coaster is there...yay!!

E.T. as a whole is a great ride, if a refurb were to occur I would want the pre-show to be updated and the whole Green Planet sequence updated as well. I have always loved the E.T. attraction and would hate to see it close, however I would welcome a refurb with open arms.

But I'm not sure if it's supposed to be funny :lol:. If people think the ride is "corny", this is the part of the ride that is at fault. I like it, but only because of how bad it is :lol:. And by effects, I didn't mean animatronics. Those are much better in this part of the ride. I meant more like the ridiculously loud fog and steam effects.

But I'm not sure if it's supposed to be funny :lol:. If people think the ride is "corny", this is the part of the ride that is at fault. I like it, but only because of how bad it is :lol:. And by effects, I didn't mean animatronics. Those are much better in this part of the ride. I meant more like the ridiculously loud fog and steam effects.

I love the fog and steam effects! :lol:

I vote for ET updgrades, and a proper exterior.

I don't know what could be done with the exterior. I'm fine with them leaving it as is and spending their money upgrading and polishing the inside.

Also, we have people with issues on the first half or the ride and people with issues with the second part of the ride, so I think we can all agree, they need to do an overhaul of the whole thing. Not change the story, just upgrade it and put some WD-40 on everything :lol:

I sure hope E.T. sticks around for a while, it's totally a classic! Almost every time I wait in the queue, I think to myself, "I need to watch this movie!" It has been SO long since I last watched it.

I'm fine with a refurb. Just please don't take away the smell. ;)

I don't know what could be done with the exterior.

Felipe, Felipe, Felipe... the outdoor queue for the ride is so dusky, cobwebby, metal ceilingy... so 1990! I can't even remember the indoor queue. Once I got inside I was doing Bugs Bunny's suspicious looks side to side until I left the building.

Felipe, Felipe, Felipe... the outdoor queue for the ride is so dusky, cobwebby, metal ceilingy... so 1990! I can't even remember the indoor queue. Once I got inside I was doing Bugs Bunny's suspicious looks side to side until I left the building.

I mean, sure, clean it up, but other than that, what would you change structurally to the outside? Maybe I'm out of creative ideas atm, but I don't know what new exterior or facade I'd give it. When I think E.T., I think bikes, woods, dial phone, blonde wig, lighted fingertip, plastic curtains and hazmat suits, spacecraft. I don't know that they can give it a facade to tie it in to the move. But I guess they could clean it up and modernize it somehow to make it nicer. I'd just make the main focus the ride.

I mean, sure, clean it up, but other than that, what would you change structurally to the outside? Maybe I'm out of creative ideas atm, but I don't know what new exterior or facade I'd give it. When I think E.T., I think bikes, woods, dial phone, blonde wig, lighted fingertip, plastic curtains and hazmat suits, spacecraft. I don't know that they can give it a facade to tie it in to the move. But I guess they could clean it up and modernize it somehow to make it nicer. I'd just make the main focus the ride.

What about a good ol' fashioned mural? Maybe a starry sky, some trees and a moon (with a projection at night of the bike flying across)?

What about a good ol' fashioned mural? Maybe a starry sky, some trees and a moon (with a projection at night of the bike flying across)?

Good one :lol:

e-t-ride-universal-studios-florida-5052-oi.jpg

Last edited:
There's also that mural on the ceiling before you go into the pre-show room.