E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
not to mention the Terminator property being at UO AND Six Flags

Actually after the 2010 season, it was renamed as Apocalypse. So Terminator is only at Universal, but I see the point. However, the wooden coaster wasn't going to be a threat to Universal's T23D. Now if Disney had all the Marvel rights, then they can let Scott Trowbridge, who created Spiderman with Thierry Coup at Universal, create the same Spiderman ride at...... :ack:. Man I still can't believe Disney of all people bought Marvel. That at Disney would be an incredible threat to Universal. Having very similar rides with the same IP would be bad.

I'm not sure about other people, but I would be happy if Spaghetti Street Space Chase replaced E.T. or Twister. E.T. is a classic, but like all theme park attractions, it has to go sometime. Would Twister even have enough space for that ride to replace it?

Went on ET today, & as soon as they loaded us, they unloaded us, they cycled some RVs through, & on the PA- "Were experiencing a brief delay due to a flat tire." Does anyone know what that is code for??

I really dont understand what it is with peoples fascination with E.T.

I mean if were going to open this can of worms....lets let it fly!

It's a classic..one of the only attractions left from when the park originally opened. It's nice to have one thing there. Also, it's a nicely themed dark ride that just about every single person from young to old can get on with relatively little thrills, something that can't be said for most of the other attractions in the park. It's also based on a classic movie. Just update/get new animatronics and upgrade the ride a little bit and it can last another 20 years if they want it to. If they changed it to a Spongebob or Sesame Street, I doubt I would ever get on it unless I had kids who liked Spongebob or Sesame Street. But I still enjoy E.T., it's truly one of the only family rides there.

Sure its a ride everyone can get on but its old and do we really think UNI will spend all that money practically creating new effects and AA's when they can just put something new in? I really just dont see it staying.

Maybe Im used to change but Idk, maybe next time I need to ride it and see how many kids/families really ride.

One of my favorite attractions. Great nostalgia. It's always the first & last attraction we go on when we vacation at Universal. My girlfriend actually cries when we get off as we're finishing another excellent Universal vacation.

I would just like Universal to change up the ending a little bit, freshen it up, etc. I really do love the ride, especially the que waiting to board and forest area. Every time I go on that ride, I say to myself how the forest scene, which is so detailed and realistic, should be how Snow White's scary adventures should of been like. Instead of using wooden cutouts of trees like Disney did, they should have made the ride look like an actual forest, with real AA's of the dwarfs and SW, and it would have added to the overall experience. Yeah, I'll admit, I'm a nerd in that way and would have loved to design, develop, and work on rides.

Back on topic.I think it would be a shame to remove ET and that movie is still very popular to this day.

The last time I rode it, the whole family was along. My 3 kids are older but we had a great time riding it. Rob, Robby, Bobby, Barbie and Barb. I think it was the funniest thing while we were there to hear ET say these names.

It's an attraction I wouldn't mind gone if it meant something better was coming. I don't hate the attraction and if they did some serious upgrades on it, it would probably be better. Besides, that smell :drool:

Honestly, I haven't ridden this ride until recently and before I rode it, i was like "lets get rid of it!!!" But now, I want it to stay. Its a great ride to sit back and relax after walking all day. The cold temps inside are refreshing. They can spruce it up but I love the ride system and its a classic.

I want them to keep E.T. and Twister but add some noticeable refurbs. I don't know why but I have a soft spot in my heart for both attractions. I would much rather have both of these attractions than Disaster. It's funny to think about it but Universal Studios still has a lot of chances to build other attractions in that park. I mean that whole entire area where T2 is needs to add some new attractions. That villas area can go and they can easily make something there. And some of the buildings could be taken down to make room for a new attraction. Besides Disaster the only thing that irritates me at Universal is that area where T2 is. There is some good room for possible new attractions. I would like to see a Fast and the Furious ride in that area and or a new King Kong ride of course.

I want them to keep E.T. and Twister but add some noticeable refurbs. I don't know why but I have a soft spot in my heart for both attractions. I would much rather have both of these attractions than Disaster. It's funny to think about it but Universal Studios still has a lot of chances to build other attractions in that park. I mean that whole entire area where T2 is needs to add some new attractions. That villas area can go and they can easily make something there. And some of the buildings could be taken down to make room for a new attraction. Besides Disaster the only thing that irritates me at Universal is that area where T2 is. There is some good room for possible new attractions. I would like to see a Fast and the Furious ride in that area and or a new King Kong ride of course.

Really? Where is the room by T2? I thought they didn't really have much room at all over there other than a few small areas to do something with, but not an actual ride.