E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everything that is circled could go for some new and exciting attractions and I wouldn't be heartbroken. The one I probably would like to keep would be E.T.

- - - Updated - - -
I agree although I won't be , mad at a brand new ET ride remade. Long as the character and family ride thought of ET sticks around.

I like T2 but it wouldn't kill me. Just my opinion. And Horror and T2 could possibly be two new attractions.

I agree although I won't be , mad at a brand new ET ride remade. Long as the character and family ride thought of ET sticks around.

- - - Updated - - -

I see ET being a ride most people feel sentimental about and everything like that, I got that. I get that this is the only ride left from the initial opening. But Its at the point. Its just I feel like this ride is beyond dated, and is almost becoming a thing of the past. I dont think kids these days know much about ET.

Like the poster above me, this ride either needs upgrading or needs to be removed. I personally feel like I'd rather see them put money towards an attraction that is more relevant.
What would you replace Et with?

Universal also makes a lot of money from those buildings. Ben & Jerry serves ice cream out of one of those buildings, the Studio Styles jewlery shop, and the magic show by mels (by Theatre Magic - which even if it is a live infomercial, it's pretty cool). No chance of them giving up on any of that business.

Yeah, that is like saying everything that was not built in the last 5 years can go and new attractions can come in. Not everything should be removed just because. There needs to be a good reason and a good replacement that fits what the park is doing. Also, they need to do things slowly, so that stuff is introduced over time and it brings people back year after year. I think we are all a little too quick to say, "Take down that building" :)

Yeah, that is like saying everything that was not built in the last 5 years can go and new attractions can come in. Not everything should be removed just because. There needs to be a good reason and a good replacement that fits what the park is doing. Also, they need to do things slowly, so that stuff is introduced over time and it brings people back year after year. I think we are all a little too quick to say, "Take down that building" :)

My main point is I feel like the area needs a new attraction(ride) that's my opinion.

My main point is I feel like the area needs a new attraction(ride) that's my opinion.

It started out that there was not enough stuff there, and my point is that it is already full of stuff. For anything new to come in you would need to take out the old, giving no more stuff just new stuff.

Previously the area did not even have T2. But now I don't see a problem with the distance you would need to walk. If you enter T2, when you exit it is already half way down the street.

On the other side of the street, the only thing that would fit is the same as what is there. A show is still too big, think of the T2 as basically a show building and ET as a ride building.

Eventually they should change up that area, but now is not the time. There are many other areas of the park which need more attention now. Give T2 some more time there :cheers:

It started out that there was not enough stuff there, and my point is that it is already full of stuff. For anything new to come in you would need to take out the old, giving no more stuff just new stuff.

Previously the area did not even have T2. But now I don't see a problem with the distance you would need to walk. If you enter T2, when you exit it is already half way down the street.

On the other side of the street, the only thing that would fit is the same as what is there. A show is still too big, think of the T2 as basically a show building and ET as a ride building.

Eventually they should change up that area, but now is not the time. There are many other areas of the park which need more attention now. Give T2 some more time there :cheers:

besides the KidZone where else do you think? because in my opinion the only part of Universal Studios that bores me or doesn't interest me is the Hollywood area. I do like T2 but I would like to see something new and with maybe the same concept.

besides the KidZone where else do you think? because in my opinion the only part of Universal Studios that bores me or doesn't interest me is the Hollywood area.

Completely disagree, The most good looking area of the park, and T2 and HHMUS are the best shows in the park that draw in big numbers. No need to replace when they have that big lot behind MIB plus they still have Kidszone and a twister redo to do.

Completely disagree, The most good looking area of the park, and T2 and HHMUS are the best shows in the park that draw in big numbers. No need to replace when they have that big lot behind MIB plus they still have Kidszone and a twister redo to do.

I'm just going with how I feel when I go there. I didn't think about the lot behind MIB but I obviously want to see something there(land or ride). I've always liked Twister but I do feel like it needs some refurb and something added to the experience. Personally besides Disaster I like everything at Universal, but I'm just saying I'm always least interested in the Hollywood area every time I go to Universal. So I obviously would like to see something new and refreshing there but if it's really that popular then I suppose they won't touch that area right now.

I'm just going with how I feel when I go there. I didn't think about the lot behind MIB but I obviously want to see something there(land or ride). I've always liked Twister but I do feel like it needs some refurb and something added to the experience. Personally besides Disaster I like everything at Universal, but I'm just saying I'm always least interested in the Hollywood area every time I go to Universal. So I obviously would like to see something new and refreshing there but if it's really that popular then I suppose they won't touch that area right now.

As was said before T2 takes up a lot of room. Between the queue and the theater it's eating up a lot of space in those empty building facades. Between that and HHMS, and Mel's and a few shops around there (like the magic shop and the Lucy tribute which I think is still there) you don't really have much room for anything. It's never going to be a built-up area unless they expand behind T2 and open up those area which are employees only right now where the parade floats and other things come and go. They have the rest of the park that is more expansive and can house more rides. It would be cool if they had something better but with DM and Shrek when you first walk in, and T2 if you branch off, you have some very big people eaters if they are running at full capacity and not limited showtimes. It's not like this area is JP which feels massive but only has JPRA (which I skipped last time since I didn't feel like getting soaked.) This area is fine for now until they decide to get rid of T2 which hopefully won't be for a while longer.

I'm hoping the same for E.T. Just upgrade it and you're good to go. If you replace it with something new it better be something that lasts. Imagine if they put Shrek here instead 10 years ago and still stuck with that now: that would be miserable. Just leave E.T. alone for now. It's a nice throwback to something that doesn't rely on screens and 3D glasses that the whole family can enjoy. They could use a little bit more of that not less.

Yep, for now I don't see anything major other than what we already know at USF. I mean a lot is going in right now and they need to clean up some of the attractions they are keeping too, that will give them a boost for sometime. They do need to get a good stunt show to replace FFL, and a few other things. Then the focus will need to go to IOA to keep in in par.

As was said before T2 takes up a lot of room. Between the queue and the theater it's eating up a lot of space in those empty building facades. Between that and HHMS, and Mel's and a few shops around there (like the magic shop and the Lucy tribute which I think is still there) you don't really have much room for anything. It's never going to be a built-up area unless they expand behind T2 and open up those area which are employees only right now where the parade floats and other things come and go. They have the rest of the park that is more expansive and can house more rides. It would be cool if they had something better but with DM and Shrek when you first walk in, and T2 if you branch off, you have some very big people eaters if they are running at full capacity and not limited showtimes. It's not like this area is JP which feels massive but only has JPRA (which I skipped last time since I didn't feel like getting soaked.) This area is fine for now until they decide to get rid of T2 which hopefully won't be for a while longer.

I'm hoping the same for E.T. Just upgrade it and you're good to go. If you replace it with something new it better be something that lasts. Imagine if they put Shrek here instead 10 years ago and still stuck with that now: that would be miserable. Just leave E.T. alone for now. It's a nice throwback to something that doesn't rely on screens and 3D glasses that the whole family can enjoy. They could use a little bit more of that not less.

I don't want to get rid of E.T. I would like to see them either refurb T2 soon or replace it with a new ride and maybe keep the same concept like I said before.

What REALLY sticks out is all the doors with the exit signs above them in the ETs planet scenes, I cant think of any other ride where you can see real exit signs during any other rides show scenes, so for a refurb they could at least start there.

What REALLY sticks out is all the doors with the exit signs above them in the ETs planet scenes, I cant think of any other ride where you can see real exit signs during any other rides show scenes, so for a refurb they could at least start there.

You can see exit signs in basically every Universal and Disney ride. It's the law.

I'll be honest I've never seen them in ET.

You can see exit signs in basically every Universal and Disney ride. It's the law.

I guess I'll have to grab some pics than! (Without flash of course, unless there's no one else on the ride.)

Id also like to know on what other rides you can see exit signs & where. (next time I go, I will be on the lookout for them myself.)

Last edited:

Yeah, I've seen them in SSE. They're well hidden, but they're there. And for the record, I can't recall seeing exit signs in ET except maybe at the load area.

I guess I'll have to grab some pics than! (Without flash of course, unless there's no one else on the ride.)

Id also like to know on what other rides you can see exit signs & where. (next time I go, I will be on the lookout for them myself.)

I remember when Revenge of The Mummy first opened it was often a joke with much many you could see "Revenge of the Exit Signs" was often a nickname on sites like Ioacentral.

I guess I can call myself an exit sign enthusiast as I collect them and notice them EVERYWHERE I go. It's always interesting to me to see them in attractions and how they sometimes ruin the scenery of a set. But from a safety and legal standpoint they do have to be there.

E.T. only has 1 1/2 significantly noticeable exit signs. The most obvious one some people are pointing out is right before the water scene right after you see all of the little E.T.s. It could be replaced with a less noticeable glow in the dark sign that doesn't require any light source for it to glow. There are some of these used in ROTM.

The 1/2 noticable one is if you sit in one of the bikes on the left at the end of each row. The sign can be briefly seen near a tree in the scene with the cop that crouchs down.

Also if you turn around at some points you'll see more signs.

Last edited: