E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On a side note, I did notice exit signs on Transformers, but you REALLY have to be looking at the right spot. In fact, from the front row, I was able to watch the previous screen play out entirely from a previous screen while facing the current screen/scene, I dont ever remember being able to do that on Spiderman.

Anyway, on Sunday, there was a moderate crowd waiting to get into ET, & only ONE of the quese where they ask for your name was open, so was wondering if this is a sign that they are slowly transitioning ET employees to other areas so they can start preping the ride closure for its future upgrades/replacements? Out of almost 2 years of going, this is the first time Ive ever seen just one line open on ET.

On a side note, I did notice exit signs on Transformers, but you REALLY have to be looking at the right spot. In fact, from the front row, I was able to watch the previous screen play out entirely from a previous screen while facing the current screen/scene, I dont ever remember being able to do that on Spiderman.

Anyway, on Sunday, there was a moderate crowd waiting to get into ET, & only ONE of the quese where they ask for your name was open, so was wondering if this is a sign that they are slowly transitioning ET employees to other areas so they can start preping the ride closure for its future upgrades/replacements? Out of almost 2 years of going, this is the first time Ive ever seen just one line open on ET.

It's just because the busy season has slowed down and alot of people are back in school

Yea the LN2 effect upstairs is currently not working on Transformers. Been out for awhile from what I've heard. It allows you to see the 2nd Devastator scene pretty easily.

As for the lack of staffing, its definitely due to the slow season. Most rides are running at minimal capacity for a good part of the day (1 station at ET, Mummy and 1 track at MIB). ET is still one of the most popular rides in the park surprisingly. I doubt it will be touched until they decide where they are going with Kidzone (Smurfs?). Would love to see it get some loving cause it's basically the only classic left

Not sure if this has been posted yet. It's an article about the smurfs replacing E.T. The article mentions the same ride system may be used and there could possibly be an interactive element also. Don't take this article too seriously, now that I'm looking at the link I've noticed the info comes from Screamscape. But it's still an interesting read.

http://m.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/06/theme-park-news-site-screamscape-is.html?r=full

The article is about two months old now, the whole Smurfs thing has seemed to been squashed. Likely because the survey results were not that hot.

It would be despicable. A straight up disgrace lol

It would be a detriment to the park IMO. I don't know anyone who's shown the movie to their kids and had them not love it. The film is a classic, and so is the ride. If I don't ride it for a while, it sorta starts to wane in my memory. But as soon as I enter the forest queue and get on the ride, I feel ashamed for ever feeling that way.

Sure things could be updated and spruced up, i.e. the building and pre-show stuff. But I can't imagine a replacement trumping what stands there now, especially if they reuse the ride system.

E.T. Refurb/Re-Imagine?

I think E.T. Adventure is in need of a good refurb or re-imagine. The animatronics lack of movement and a lot of the effects aren't "mind-blowing" as they were in the 90s.

E.T. is one of my all-time favorite attractions at UOR. I agree that it needs a major refresh/overhaul to bring it up to modern-day standards, however, I fear that it is living on borrowed time. My suspicions are that the upcoming KidZone redo will see E.T. finally sent home and a new attraction placed inside that giant soundstage. A little tiny piece of me will die with that ride when it happens...that queue is absolutely MAGICAL and perfect! E.T. is one ride I actually don't mind waiting in line for (indoors)!

yea that Ride is pretty old for it's time and I know it won't be long until E.T goes on the Chopping Block...it'll be Sad to see him go one day that Soundstage is Definitely in need of a Replacement for the 2014-2015 year..

I wish they didn't feel like they have to replace everything. I know space is limited, but they should save a bit of nostalgia for people who have been going to the park since the beginning. Sure the animatronics are dated but I still think the ride is excellent and it is truly my favorite in the park, and not just for sentimental reasons. I'll be so sad when they announce ET is closing.

Reactions: Journey_On
I'm not so sure that ET is going anywhere. What it is these days where everyone feels that everything needs to be replaced???.......newer does not always = better. I'd like to see a re-hab at minimum.......but what I would really like to see is a new movie......possibly a re-make, but I think that a better idea would be a sequel with Henry Thomas and Drew Barrymore reprising their roles where they are now parents with children who once again need to help ET in a new adventure. Why hasn't this been done already???? Spielburg has proven that nothing is sacred with some pretty bad sequels to Jurassic park and Indiana Jones. Not sure why an ET sequel hasn't been done as it could do HUGE box office with many tie-ins. And with advanced film making technology......ET and effects would be better than ever.

Wasn't there a rumor that Spielberg was so angry that ET was replaced in Hollywood and Japan that he locked it into some sort of contract where the park could not get rid of it? I feel like I heard that about a year ago and, to my knowledge, I have not heard anything to the contrary yet. I do think the ride could use an update along the lines of what Disneyland is planning on doing with their Alice in Wonderland ride. Add updated AA's and just generally clean the whole ride up.

My daughter hates the ride because there are no thrills lol, personally I always love ET, I find it very immersive and I love the overall ride mechanics.